Anybody else here like classical music? Who’s your favorite composer? Favorite piece...

Anybody else here like classical music? Who’s your favorite composer? Favorite piece? I’d have to go with either Chopin or Liszt. Chopin nocturne op 48 no1 and Liszt Transcendental Etude #3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F5zg_af9b8c
youtu.be/IUGzY-ihqWc
youtu.be/3Q9rewnLFYw
youtu.be/e2WIEDo8Q6U
youtube.com/watch?v=auwPo72ju7Q
youtu.be/-7etjqZmAGs
youtu.be/yW0QKrvJPaU
youtube.com/watch?v=g_h93yUBYU4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5HumhzpUD0
youtu.be/TzaBak8o5UQ
youtu.be/VMbW9cMTKD0
youtu.be/JYeFWYzBN0A
youtu.be/463jDvbw3LQ?t=132
youtu.be/_oKU94kxv-o
youtu.be/cFJJ1zFBWgY
youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM
youtube.com/watch?v=4lC7V8hG198
youtube.com/watch?v=sPlhKP0nZII
youtube.com/watch?v=JeLPCETf0Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0
youtube.com/watch?v=4WhPUqpaRp4
youtube.com/watch?v=15ezpwCHtJs
youtu.be/4qc9-v9ViXI?t=30
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFYC1U5viw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aQGQG79xBFg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7h3ILAqXo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mEWlGLkjIw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wawSCvuGj4o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-pVz2LTakM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dbbtmskCRUY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3BlFZWJNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do the Red Hot Chili Peppers count?

Beethoven's Emperor Concerto

Erik Satie - Gnossienne 1,2,3

No, fuck off

If you're serious, and not just trolling, try Sup Forums

You can call me a douche all you want but Mozart has always been my favorite. Haydn is fantastic as well.

I have six syllables for you

Sergei Rachmaninoff

His hands were so big he wrote piano music only he could comfortably play

Beethoven & Tchaikovsky are my jam.

Bach 'Shes shall safely graze' does it for me, so relaxing mang.

Also get a hard on for Nessun Dorma. Fucking most intense piece of music, like an orgasm at the end.

> 'Sheep shall safely graze'

Phone poster. Bet if I was in New Zealand or Wales it wouldnt have autocorrected

Sheep not Shes lol

'Finlandia' Sibelius

youtu.be/F5zg_af9b8c

Fuck me if I was Finnish I'd be so patriotic right about now.

Richard Wagner I think was a chromatic god, but I couldnt really listen to his stuff all the time.

they dont count as music

How is he a chromatic god?

It's great, but nothing compared to his 2nd symphony. I think it's way more developed and see through to the end, all the while keeping the same overall tone. It'll make a grown man cry.

Tchaikovsky's 5th breaks my life.

Sigfrido's funeral, Wagner

If you check out some score analysis (because I wouldn't analyze them on my own) they are pretty interesting and he took dissonance to new places for the time, as well as many other orchestral aspects from sound design to production but yeah. Wagner is an interesting guy

you probably mean harmony god. Just the three frist notes of Tristan und Isolda are a masterpiece in itself.

harmonic too, but he used chromaticism extensively in his operas for color/texture painting so idk

i get your point though

LOL Wotan you toucha my spaghet!

Romeo & Juliet Fantasy Overture for me.

I think he featured lower instruments' motives, like double bass lines, in melody carrying instruments to emphasize changes of key and tone.

youtu.be/IUGzY-ihqWc

debussy for me. real nigga.

fuck off ear nigger

youtu.be/3Q9rewnLFYw

Chopin or Ravel

I don't want to set the world on fire-ink spots
love it

youtu.be/e2WIEDo8Q6U

I like Schubert's unfinished symphony.

Here, here. If your not into Sebelius, your a huge ficking faggot who deserved to die from ass rape by jungle-bound niggers.

Beethoven's Great Fugue. When it was published musicians declared it was too difficult to perform and was removed from the quartet.

youtube.com/watch?v=auwPo72ju7Q

youtu.be/-7etjqZmAGs

youtu.be/yW0QKrvJPaU

Vivaldi, Mozart and Praetorius

youtube.com/watch?v=g_h93yUBYU4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5HumhzpUD0

Oh and Wagner

youtu.be/TzaBak8o5UQ

youtu.be/VMbW9cMTKD0

Die Zauberflöte

youtu.be/JYeFWYzBN0A

Ah Mozart's last and greatest opera.

Queen of the Night aria:
youtu.be/463jDvbw3LQ?t=132

Skip to 2 minutes in.

mah dude
Erik Satie Gymnopédies 1,2,3
Franz Liszt - Liebestraum
Tchaikovsky - Concierto para Piano N° 1 en Si bemol menor Op. 23 - Allegro non troppo

If you are into Sibelius, you're basically into a shittier version of Brahms/Mahler/Bruckner all blended together.

Anyone here into Schoenberg/other 12-tone composers?

I'm a fan of Legiti's Requiem.

youtu.be/_oKU94kxv-o

youtu.be/cFJJ1zFBWgY

noice satie is my dude

Say that to my faece fickin' faggot. I know Krave Maga. I'll kike your fuckin' ass!!!

People who like Wagner tend to be on downers or alcohol. Are you all right, user? Do you want to talk about it?

Alkans piano music

Schnittke piano concerto

Prokofiev concerto 2,3,5!

Most boring stuff

I think the bigger problem is that its a pain in the ass to listen through being pseudo-bach intertwined stuff at some parts

I think that was the review of Jean Sibelius I saw written up on the BBC website. I think you've copied it word for word.

youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM

They are nice and like a weirder version of some of yann tiersens music imo

Kek

Gregorio Allegri - Miserere Mei Deus youtube.com/watch?v=4lC7V8hG198
Mozart - Requiem in D Minor youtube.com/watch?v=sPlhKP0nZII

You're crazy it is probably the greatest piece of music ever written. Besides many composers used fugues, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Handel, list goes on and on. Educate yourself.

Schubert's unfinished, but only the first movement

I know tiramisu, so you do'nt want to step to me nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=JeLPCETf0Ic

I played fugues from all composers you listed, even on expensive harpsichords. But knowing that there is so many excellent music out there it seems kinda difficult to force oneself into enjoying a completely reclusive-introverted piece of music (explainable by beethovens bad circumstances). I am completely fine if people enjoy it

Shostakovich motherfucka
true elite shit
my favourite: Symphony No. 12 "The Year 1917"

Fair enough not everyone enjoys Beethoven's late period, it does get strange at times, or enjoys fugues. I listen to classical for catharsis and the opus 133 is musical catnip to me.

Carmen

Evgeny Mravinsky's perfomance is the best

I do I miss living in a place where I can hear it preformed live. I like things composers like Holst, Wagner, and Stravinsky.

Correct answer, coming thru...

Bach - Wachet auf, ruft us die Stimme

youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

shit is fucking good so far

What is your opinion on the statement that one could actually hear in his late 3 piano sonatas that he was deaf? I mean considering 'weird' harmonic changes or formal reasons. This is what I sometimes thought when I played his 111 at least...

debussy - clair de lune, nocturnes

mozart is just mainstream

Too many favorites to list but if one, Bach and too many songs to pick from as well.

Jesus, hipsters infected classical music as well?

Yeah, and Debussy is anything but.

So clair de lune is not mainstream lol

Richard Wagner - Die Walküre

Frescobaldis music

Godfather of ALL the music we know today. The music is like in another language and so fascinating

I thittled my chinhairs once over the musicals of Antonín Leopold Dvořák alas that was a day I was too vet my interests and the doctor assessed I was deaf, not even then was I disuaded, I thought hard about the tunings and found out I was unintentional a prolific at bursting a vessel on cue, I felt this held some significance to my immersion, and only play Dvorak at the highest of volumes, tho I may only be susceptible to his genuis upon the writings of his compositions, I am sure he sounds decent as my neighbors have not bothered to investigate my studies any further. Deafness has its perks and I often must let my inner pressures make dissolute of themselves, through the raging of my vested manhood or moreso, the weeping viscosities of my most inner turmoils. Ah Dvorak, if only yet you were alive to appreciate my predicament, you handsome majestic bastard. Be mournful of the hell I am vexxed and smile upon the yet even bastard world you've invented. Might your hubric legacy shine through to some shoe polished paper mill and they write about your works yet again. Until next time, when the bottle is half still the refreshment it boasts, you arrogant over zealous self consciously over esteem miscreant of melodious practictions. Sig. 1938 Steward of Yorskavach.

P.S. I am fastitudiously acclaimed with the householder's maid at this moment.

Very interesting, I haven’t spent enough time to compare but would love to if time was on my side. Here’s one for you. Ever notice how the endings on a lot of Bach pieces were the same? From what I’ve learned he struggled to finish his pieces and his wife would finish them up for him. Hence the same endings?

((()))

>mozart is just mainstream
Clair de Lune is one of the most "mainstream " pieces of music of all time. And most people are only familiar with a handful of Mozart's pieces, out of around 600.

Kek that reminds me. Sitting in staff room at the hotel I worked at. Random mix of Brits, New Zealanders, Swedes, Poles etc.
One quiet nerdy guy says to another, 'I've just remembered who you remind me of, you're the spitting image of Shostakovich!'
Room goes silent. Crickets.
Shosta-who-ich?
You know Shostakovich, the Russian composer.
Dutch girl laughs, 'omg, what year is this? Come on grandad it's 2015 not 1815.'
Everyone laughs.
That poor guy was crushed, he was only trying to fit in and make with the small talk.

Wasn't me btw. Honest.

Come on, his requiem? Do you even listen?

Dvorak kicks ass imo

yeah I had similar situations. Not trying to look smug and all but being educated is sometimes a burden.
Especially when you are surrounded by ignoramuses.

What kind of dumb cunt must you be to say "it's not 1815".

Yg

I quite like classical, though I am relatively uninformed. Any anons care to give me suggestions for some darker, almost "heavy" sounding composers?

In certain situations it's probably just best to stick to talking about football.
Shouldn't have to apologise about being educated

Johann Sebastian Bach

Favourite "piece" - I love virtually everything he wrote.

But particualrly live all his organ / keyboard music, for example,
THE Great Fugue in G Minor - BWV542 b :

youtube.com/watch?v=4WhPUqpaRp4

Currently amazed by this performance of the Goldberg Variations - BWV988 performned by Kimiko Ishizaka - partly because it is the only one I have seen that shows (most of) the score, properly in time with the music.

The opening Aria may seem to be a bit simple, but after you have heard all the exquisite variations that come after it, the Aria is repeated again, and it is as though the variations have somehow explained exactly How the simple melody expresses so much of Bach's genius and why music is itself is so improtant, or has been expressed by some - "Bach explains the Universe".

youtube.com/watch?v=15ezpwCHtJs

Also, must mention the Mass in B Minor (BWV232) - in my opinion, the greatest masterpiece of music ever written.

Someone's posted it itt already, but I think sibelius is a good darker composer for beginners. Scroll up, check out finlandia

Thank you, never heard of that; i'll ask my piano teacher about that as I never heard of that. I only know that he very likely composed some of the preludes and fugues of the well tempered clavier in other tonalities, like the c-sharp to compose in d major and tranpose in the end. Same endings might appear because they are often quite formal and follow a certain harmonic scheme I would say. Actually, I find the endings quite different, when I look at some of his beautiful partitas or the "kunst der fuge" (dont know in english). The question depends on the 'genre' a bit Id say. Speaking of his fugues sometimes I find, that in the end the most difficult parts lie, which I think is because Bach has often so many different themes which then come together so that the fingers kind of knot together sometimes.

Grainger, Molly On The Shore

I wiuld be honored if somebody would say that to me :)

Will do, appreciate it.

You know the cakewalk smasher by him?

I would give Schnittke a shot. Try his piano concerto, or his polyphonic tango, or "seid nüchtern und wachet..." (you can find a video on youtube).

Aye my classical niggas. Think you guys can find this piece for me?
this swedish cuck is playing some keyboard Hero type of game with some music i really wan the name off.
youtu.be/4qc9-v9ViXI?t=30
0:30 - 0:36
1:40 - 1:46
and again 3:01 - 3:06
are the times he is playing the game/piece of music. Would be really thankfull

>plaintive
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFYC1U5viw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aQGQG79xBFg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7h3ILAqXo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mEWlGLkjIw

>dark
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wawSCvuGj4o