Anyone mining here?

Anyone mining here?
General mining thread

K, this was just a test thread to see if mining mainstream already.

Carry on

so sad

Best of luck to you.

please die crytofag

t. game kiddie no-coiner

You are an actual cancer to society. Please cease existing and get money doing work and not sitting on your ass.

fuck off nerd, they use gaming cards and ruin everyone's hobby, they can buy ASIC miners all day for all I care

i have no desire to spend 1000s of dollars for something that has potentially 0 return on investment. also, stop buying up all the fucking GPUs faggot.

My GPU costs 100$ more now thanks you nigger

Bruh a decentralized form of trust is dope. The sooner you understand the better.

What are you gonna do when your government outlaws the fiat currency that is untraceable and used in many online black market trades?

>tfw when crypto miner and GPU prices are almost double what I paid

holy fuck I didn't know GPU's could appreciate.

I gold mine in the summer. Pic related is same model I own.

>probably mining 1 little nugget/day
t. hashlet

>stop making easy money when I can't, it makes me mad

The engine in my air compressor went bad, so I'm waiting on a new one to be delivered.

this

No but thinking about getting in

>gaming cards
What did the gamefag mean by this?

Looks like it's really taking off right now. Seems a little too late to get in even though getting in now would be way ahead of the curve. All mining will be commercialized in ~5-10 years.

Not a very good time to get in, I woud suggest waiting for the 20xx cards before their price also triples
Yes gaymers, you heard that right

>yfw mining bitcoin now costs more in electricity than you can get in new coin

Why don't you use FPGAs instead of GPUs?

That's why I just sold my s9s for 5k to some clueless boomer lmao

>the add literally said most advanced bitcoin miner

You do know that fan cooling an open chassis results in worse airflow than a properly designed case?

>dat Bernoulli effect

so what are these bitcoins worth now?
I mined for a few months back when it was new and quit when I hit 500

It's cheaper to just add more fans than to build an entire case

Someone should totally explain how GPUs are even used for this as I have never understood it.

Not when the outside temperature is already cold, cards run at 55-60C
And the fans are pretty much aesthetic only, I had leds on them for the keks

GPUs have to process a fuckton of information in parallel to render things, so they can also be used to do a bunch of factor tests at the same time, which is how you find bitcoins.

about $10
15 if you have the alpha edition ones

So why gRAM as opposed to just getting 72GB of normal RAM?

Crypto isn't fiat. The government can do whatever it wants, I can perform business with btc all over the world regardless of law. Cash is by far the most abused. What are you going to do when the cash in your pocket is worthless because the government couldn't help itself in printing money and hyperinflation makes it impossible to buy anything?

Faster load times if the data is on-chip as opposed to having to go through the motherboard. Particularly useful for things like ETH which use a memory-intensive DAG.

is mining actually profitable? in australia?

Because you don't only need to store the problem, you need to solve it

Get solar nigger

gamers, there is no reason to be upset. In the short run the increased demand will increase prices, but in the long run it will lead to GPU manufactures increasing productions and it will make better cards even cheaper.

Okay nerds. How much do I need to get started? Like 5 solid graphic crfads and like 2k$+ worth of parts?

When does it start to actually make profit?

Are you concerned abnout the price fluxing?

if the USD falls, so will the need to use money retard

Depends on how much your electricity costs

so when all teh exchanges are closed and you have no one to convert your digital currency to cash, how will you spend it?

so still not even worth hooking the hard drive up and getting the wallet off it. might as well toss it in the trash,

obvious troll is obvious

which crypto to mine?

directly, just like intended
But there will allways be some country exchanging, because that country would literally become the richest.
Also, decentralized exchanges and localbitcoins

>What even gives bitcoins their worth?

Last month a 200mh rig was making 40 bucks/day
This month, about 18. Don't get scared, things jump around.

For 5k, you can get a 5x vega64 rig in my country (americucks got rekt with 1.5k vegas)

This rig was making 60/day last month on electroneum

>add more electricity-sucking fans instead of static plastic case and lower electricity bill
>cheaper

What gives paper money its worth?

A bunch of people got together and said "This hold just as much value as this piece of gold."

People did the same thing instead of with paper with lines of code.

You are so retarded that I'm not going to even bother explaining why you're wrong.

I'll give you $20 each if you can find them.

Scarcity

>hurrrrrr I can't buy muh extra ten fps for 500bux more
>muh extra ten fps costs 550 now
>hurrrrrr imma ignore gpu makers limiting supply when they can literally make 10000x more while still pulling a profit selling at 2010 prices because illegal Chinese workers & illegal African mines
>hurrrrrr imma blame crypto cuz im mad I missed out

You people are fucking retarded.

So it's valued against...what exactly? Is there a physical representation of the value or is it faith based nonsense?

google "bernoulli effect" or get a computer engineering degree like me and then we can talk on the same level.

Again it's the same as paper money. Hell even gold. It's all faith my dude.

Guess you're not one of them college types, are ya?

>Principles of Macro Economics 101

>talks about airflow in his shitty pajeet program
>thinks he understands fluid mechanics

>that feel when this thread is full of retarded people who are helping in making the quantum computer and they don't even know

You are creating a new god just for a few coins , the humans are lost

In the future when finally someone put a stop to the new era the books will talk about people like op that sold the world just for being a greedy bastard

Nope I am not.

But they helped further the human race. They're heros.

That doesn't necessarily give something inherent value.

In other words it's next to useless if people stop feeling it has worth but is not represented by actually wealth. All I needed to know.

>poor fag judging people for wanting the best gaming experience possible
bet someones owns an Xbox one X

>he still believes the fractional reserve
turbo brainlet

Yeah this is true

man people are stupid
you mostly

>pseud thinks knowing about extremely basic principles makes him smart

You wouldn't say that to my face, pussy. Otherwise your face would turn into ground meat real fucking quick. Then again, maybe you're too stupid to be afraid of predators like me. Pray we never meet (because weaklings like you are attracted to religion), prey.

Only things with actual value are food, water and vaganya

humanity deserves to go extinct

Monster hunter

>That doesn't necessarily give something inherent value
True, but that doesn't stop the prices from going up by a factor of 10 when all the retards want in. Bitcoin is "valuable" because of scarcity + demand.

>treatens a nigga online who is using a term in an arugement.

Lol miners are literally the peasants of the future. Wish life was a game now so that you could load a save huh?

>weakling mentality

1 game that is coming out on PC justify a console, okay

Ill believe it when its in my steam library, until then ill play monster hunter on the shillbox exx

Radeon cards.... finally someone who gets it.
So many fucking losers buying nvidia cards not knowing you can buy cheap ass radeon cards and mod the bios SUPER easy for max output.

It only has value because cryptards are mining it

You don't even need to flash the 64 bios yet, they are absolute monsters at criptonote stock

I do hope they get optimized still, just like a 2 year old 470 still btfo anything lower than 1070s

mining it actually helps lowering the price, since we mine them to sell, you fucking nigger

both of you shut up and kiss

Which produces new bitcoins that exchanges sell to newcomers

Why kiss when you can have a nice romantic footing session?

Its completely possible to live solely on crypto. There are plenty of people that do it. If the usd falls people will still need things, so the need for a form of money will persist.

u forgot shelter but yeh

which I sell to newcomers*
Exchanges are the middleman

see you at 100k no-coiner scum

no people will just steal shit retard, murder anyone they want to steal from, no ones gonna take bitcoin in bartertown you goon

anybody can explain whats mining ? how can i earn money?

If the USD falls, the only currency of value will be in resources not shillcoin. You all are deluded retards.

>not living with his parents
Is this an american thing?

So, never mined, but kinda want to play around with it, see what its all about.

What OS to people use, my PC has windows 10, it feels like cancer. I honestly think Visata was a better OS in its time, atleast you could turn off the annoying shit. What mining software do people use, and what pools/sites do they join.

Technically that would outlaw the USD also

There are plenty of resources to allow living off crypto alone. Shit Arizona just said they'll start accepting btc as payment for taxes. There is already no point in converting to a country's currency. It's not the btc that's being phased out, it's the national currency. In a first world country you have options. What about a 3rd world country with a corrupt govt? Would the people rather use money that govt prints? Or a global monetary system incapable of corruption?

Do you have a decent gpu/cpu?

How the fuck do I start? I have nothing and am a dumbass.

Theres's a shitload of cards on the market because miners are giving up which is great

there's also a shitload of cheep fakes, i thought I could get a few and have my money returned and mine with them
its proving to be a bit difficult to rewrite their bios

Doesn't really matter who does it as long as the coins get sold off.

mfw you make more money by hodling graphic cards than mining with them...

>tfw you make money and make manchilren mad by driving the prices of their toys up
Is there a better feeling my crytobrethren?