Remind me again: why does the left hate Trump?

Remind me again: why does the left hate Trump?

money.cnn.com/2018/02/12/news/economy/food-stamps-box-blue-apron/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article77883607.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because that's a fucking stupid idea.
you're increasing the amount you're spending, by adding in collection and delivery fees, with little real gain.
the amount of people using that money for anything other than food is so tiny it isn't funny.

not to mention who wants a random ass box of who the fuck knows full of canned bullshit? fresh food is similarly priced and far better for you.

are you pretending to be retarded?

You do realize he could specify only fresh produce be sent right?

Except for the more than $213 billion in savings over the next decade.

The rest is the most ignorant shit I've seen. yeah ok, I'm sure 100% of the money from foodstamps goes right toward garden-fresh wholesome meals.

Technically he could mandate that only fresh produce be sent.

You're right, lets make food stamp recipients more comfortable so they stay on it as long as possible.
Maybe we should send them some pizza vouchers so they can get free pizzas? Oh wait! many pizza chains accept EBT already :D
Maybe some shitty junk food? Gas stations accept EBT too!

You can't live on fresh produce. I'm sure it'll be a mix of things. What's that saying? Beggers can't be choosers..

I don't see why anyone disagrees with this. Back in the day they had soup kitchens. In other countries, they have a communal restaurant. We're one of the only places on earth that hands people cash for food.

Just run the shit like a food bank. It's not that hard.

OK, the government sends people "healthy" food: Trump is great!
The public schools should give schoolkids "healthy" lunch: BIG GUB'MINT!

Giving children healthy food: bad idea because the children won't eat it / they are growing and need to eat
Giving adults on EBT healthy food: Either they're going to be so uncomfortable they want to get off EBT ASAP or the obesity problem is going to get a lot better.

Schools should make their own menus without government mandates.

I just read it in Mark Hamill voice

The federal government proposes this, but expects the state governments to come up with the funds to make it happen, but doesn't help them. Just like pushing Medicaid costs to states that can't afford them.

That being said, the schools themselves need to hire better people/get better ingredients so they can make their healthy lunches not taste like fucking shit. Tell your local school district to not build a new building, instead improve their fucking food quality

Nothing a school garden won't fix. Plus it can be used as a teaching tool plus a way to get kids active.

Satanic trips thinks kids will starve themselves if shitty food isn't provided.

I agree, as long as it isn't the shit I was fed as a student... which was long ago, so don't know what's current.

Thank you Satan.

literally the same slop.
they overproduced by a lot in the 70's and are still serving what they made then

See My old elementary school did this and it actually cut spending.

Have you seen the "healthy" school lunches that have been tried?
I googled it and sooo many results come up. Is this the first you're hearing of it?

miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article77883607.html

According to a new Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health study, “Nearly 6 in 10 [students] put a vegetable on their tray, but only a quarter actually eat even a single bite.”

Big shocker there

Bad parenting tbh. Kids are too fucking picky

Which is why the lesser of the two evils is providing not super-healthy food so they actually eat.

If the country wasn't so full of vaginas, make only the fat kids eat the healthy shit. The rest can eat whatever.

To be fair, there has been a lot of flu deaths in healthy people. Fat fucks seem immune