Does anyone else sympathise with the Orcs in LOTR?

Does anyone else sympathise with the Orcs in LOTR?

What did they do wrong apart from being ugly?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Karnazes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Orcs are literal evil beings formed from evil magic.

They can't be sympathetic.

Tolkien disagreed.

More like good beings formed from evil corruption. You'r thinking on the Uruk-hai get your lore right elflet.

They live to shit on stuff. Not once you see an act of kindness from their part.

What about Uruk Hai defending Pippin and Merry

i thought the uruk hai were the elves that got turned evil?

He was focused on the mission. The hobbits were meant to stay alive. Faggot.

As a human, why should I be sympathetic to beings that feast on manflesh?

>tfw you will never be an orc and march into war for Sauron

No that's orcs

What do Orcs smell like

Do they have big dicks?

Orcs as a whole (the originals, anyway) were made from Elven-kind via corruption of their entire being. Since then, their descendants just mated/raped with pretty much any female of any race they could get their hands on.

The Uruk-hai are the result of decades or even centuries of selective breeding by Saruman to get the most physically capable kind of Orc possible.

>What did they do wrong apart from being ugly?

Everything. Orcs are not raised to be evil. They're inherently evil. It's in their nature. It's what they were created to be.

Wait orcs are literally black people

>No that's orcs

Uruk-hai are Orcs. Just really fucking alpha.

You know what I meant

There are similarities. But if black people were exactly like Orcs, that would imply that they were created from something beautiful and pure.

INSPECTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

they are orcs and goblins mixed together.

Uruk-hai are cross bred of Man and Orc, basically hybrids. thats why they are physically superior to regular Orcs.

Goblin is a synonym for orc. Get outta this thread

Well sure! Nobody should have to eat maggoty bread for three stinking days.

A better question is how the fuck do characters in LOTR run non stop for 150 miles

>You will never see Moria on it's golden days, minning stuff with bros, forging stuff with bros, fighting along bros, and finally diying and going to a DIFFERENT heaven only for bros.

Aragorn is supe, Legoland is prince of his race, Uruks are supes, Gimli just have massive balls.

orcs are pure evil, if they are simply walking from point A to point B in the forest, they'll go out of their way to step on roses, kill animals, burn a tree or two and piss on clean water.

Can Tolkien into 2 dimensional characters?

It's possible for even a real person to do that and more with adequate endurance training.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Karnazes

No it's not

>Uruk-hai are cross bred of Man and Orc, basically hybrids. thats why they are physically superior to regular Orcs.

All Orcs are crossbreeds with man and Orc. And Elf and Orc. And Dwarf and Orc. There are no Orc women. They have to abduct and rape to increase their population.

Uruk-hai are the product of a controlled environment. Selective breeding for the strongest specimens possible.

>Gimli just have massive balls

He's a descendant of Durin and an extended cousin of Thorin Oakenshield.

Thats not quite right either, the book says the orcs were made 'in mockery of the elves' in the same way trolls were made in mockery of the ents. It doesn't say exactly made by who; dunno, some dark force, sauron or before him.

Not in the book, cunt. Distinct species.

>Can Tolkien into 2 dimensional characters?

Yes. Thing is that the Orcs were not what he intended to focus on. He actually really didn't even like the Orcs. To such an extent that he never even fleshed out Black Speech because it disgusted him so.

>I don't take orders from stinking morgul rats! Or as I like to call them, little faggots!

Peter Jackson's adapation of Tolkein's script was quite shocking, the nervous laughter in the theatre when this line was spoken was very concerning.

The truth is Tolkien never completely settled on the origin and nature of orcs, one of the issues being that he didn't believe anything could be completely evil and unredeemable.

What a tool

>It doesn't say exactly made by who; dunno, some dark force, sauron or before him.

Melkor. They were made by Melkor. Sauron's master before the Valar dragged him from middle earth and cast him into the void back in the first age.

Never post again.

>According to George MacDonald Fraser in The Light's on at Signpost, Tolkien answered a letter on this subject, confirming that Orcs and goblins were indeed identical.

wet dog
i hope

so we have some sort of reverse-Jakub type situation going on

>all they wanted was to get meat back on their menu

>people don't know that LOTR orcs and goblins are the same thing

I thought Goblins lived in caves

>mfw i just realized the white hand of saruman represents systematic white oppression

>t. hasn't read the hobbit

He literally explains in the foreword to the Hobbit that Goblins are just Orcs.

>Orc is not an English word. It occurs in one or two places [in The Hobbit] but is usually translated goblin (or hobgoblin for the larger kinds).

Lembas bread. The same thing frodo and sam survived on for the overwhelming duration of their journey post rauros.

Willpower. Humans can jog pretty much all day long with only a few stops to eat and rest but they weren't even human

Do it then

You would give up after a mile

Are you seriously claiming you can't jog for more than a mile?

What I said is assuming you're a standard human, healthy and trained

They are biologically more prone to anger and violence along with having lower IQ.

URUK HAI

URUK HAI

URUK HAI

Éomer was certainly impressed.
>Wingfoot I name you.
One of my favorite parts of Tolkien's works are all the nicknames. Túrin in 'The Children of Húrin' goes by a different nickname in practically every chapter.

Orcs are actually white people. Made from something primal and natuaral. Covering the globe with industry and civilization.

Somehow I don't think Aragorn spent the years prior to the jog sitting on a computer chair eating chicken tendies.

I can sympathise with them because of how they are and why they exist but that doesn't mean I think they should be completely purged for the betterment of the world.

Don't you know we're at WAAAAAAAAAR

How disappointing

the Uruk Hai were some of the best costumes/make up I've seen.

I liked better Tolkiens idea that orcs where just made from corpses. That they are corrupted elves just doesnt seem to work within how the middle earth cosmology seems to work. But I guess its because the evil powers cant create anything from scratch, only corrupt.

Yeah all orc makeup in these movies where just completely timeless. Azog in the hobbit already looks like a video game cutscene.

150 miles isn't even that far

There was a guy who ran 47 miles a day for 46 days and that was across terrain and mountains. He had to eat constantly though because he used so much energy

Orcs:
>Before Oromë found the Elves at Cuiviénen, Melkor enslaved some of them and cruelly tortured them, turning them into Orcs.

Uruk
>There are suggestions that the Uruk-hai of Isengard were the result of crossbreeding orcs and men.
>It has also been suggested that the Uruk-hai are the cross-breeds of goblins and half-orcs.

Aragorn also has fancy ubermensch blood in him, also why he lived far longer than most men. Legolas has lol elves are good at everything going for him, and dwarves have nearly endless stamina to make up for not being particularly fast (I think Gimli says something about dwarf armies being able to march for days/weeks at a time).

But, the original orcs made by Morgoth were converted elves. It's in The Silmarillion.

>Dwarves pop out of holes in the ground.
>So do Urkhai.
>Moria full of orcs and goblins.

Coincidence? Fucking Gimli is probably an Orc too.

Wasn't Azog entirely computer generated?

Sorry I miswrote. I know what it says in the silmarillion, but he had one idea in his manuscripts and papers that they were reanimated corpses.

I think gimli is full of shit, but the dwarves are suppose to be lick clock work which is why they are so stubborn and have an aversion to change. You can't really corrupt them either, if you try to they just become hyper focused and obsessive about their mining or whatever.

Yes thats what I am saying

Then why compare it to the Uruk Hai which was all (if not then most) costumes and make up?

>Tolkien came up with zombies before George Romero
I knew George was a hack.

My point was clearly that good makeup is better than CGI and has a more timeless quality to it, instead of aging fast like CGI. In favct why am I even explaining this, you should have understood my post in the beginning. Youre a reddit xuck meme numale fucking cocksucker fuckign djejdjujdjdje

He's able to keep up with Aragorn and Legolas, so there's probably something to it. I think Tolkien also says something similar in one of the appendices, but I can't remember it clearly. These constant LotR threads are reminding me how much I need to read the books again.

Shut up you cuck.

not him but I also thought you were implying azog was done in costumes in make up. You should learn to express your ideas more clearly

DELETE YOUR POSTS

Disregard them, they're morons.

Not a bookfag I only watched the movies but I never understood Aragorn lineage, why is he above normal tier man? is there a special kind of man that just live a bit longer and he's part of that spicies?

Gondors kings are descended from the last Numenoreans, who were stronger, taller, and more long lived men. There were a lot of them around in the second age (LotR was at the end of the third) but most of them were killed by Eru (God) after they got cocky and tried to invade the land of the of the Gods in the west.

>why is he above normal tier man? is there a special kind of man that just live a bit longer and he's part of that spicies?

Elendil and his sons were surviving Numenorians.The men of Numenor all had a percentage of Elven blood in them (thus a longer lifespan). Elendil in particular is a descendant of Elros, Elrond's twin brother. And through that they get an extra bonus for being the descendants of Thingol and Melian. The latter of the two being a Maiar, like Sauron and the Istari.

Aragorn, his forebears and his children are basically the only examples of mortal divinity on Middle Earth.

IIRC Tolkien argued that no being could be 100% evil. Even orcs and balrogs or even Sauron had some good in them.

People do too under adverse conditions.

orcs were once elves you know

Orc lives matter

If orcs where elves once then why are they ugly?

I just want to see som r34 of LOTR orcs raping lithe and pale elvish whores.

The Orcs literally have no free will of their own, they're basically compelled to be evil. The Uruk-Hai are somewhat sadder, because they're basically orc/human rape babies.

>There were a lot of them around in the second age (LotR was at the end of the third) but most of them were killed by Eru (God) after they got cocky and tried to invade the land of the of the Gods in the west.

After Sauron tricked them and systematically subverted their entire culture until it became Prototype Mordor. It's not like they decided to invade heaven out of the blue.

There is more hentai than you can possibly imagine based on that idea

>The Orcs literally have no free will of their own,

Yes, they do. Regardless of what is in their nature, they do possess free will. Even Sauron never told the orcs he commanded that they were looking for the Ring because he knew they'd turn against him if they think they could.

>The Uruk-Hai are somewhat sadder, because they're basically orc/human rape babies.

All Orcs apart from the originals are rape babies. Main difference between regular Orcs and Ururks is that the Uruk-hai were the products of selective breeding, whereas regular Orcs just took whatever Human, Elf and Dwarf women they could get.

>If orcs where elves once then why are they ugly?

Because Melkor abused and corrupted them into what they became.

(Help me)

That is tolkein

Evil is evil, no ambiguity in my bed time stories

People do it today. Look up ultramarathons. Humans are the best long distance runners on the planet.

Look up the Bigfoot 200. Mother fuckin humans are crazy fuckin shits.

Same. I haven't read them since the movies were coming out

Galadrial is Elronds mother in law?

The Orcs had shitty leaders and were treated nothing more than cannon fodder for their devotion.

RIP Orcs. You deserved better than that.

I don't think all Orcs are rape babies, I'm pretty sure there's just Orc women we never see or hear about.

I mean Tolkein wrote an entire book (The Hobbit) with out a SINGLE woman, and LOTR isn't exactly filled to the brim with female characters either.

So it seems pretty plausible that he just never mentioned Orc women. I don't think he had an entire race of rape babies in mind when he wrote the books.