Ancient news/opinions on films

So I was looking through usenet archives, and I figure it would be a nice time to start a thread where we all post ancient opinions and news on movies from when or even before they were released, whether it comes from internet, usenet, an editorial in the newspaper or magazine.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/kvoaxd.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Parry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>When someone shit talks blade runner

>even the '80s equivalent of Sup Forums was full of plebs

Thankfully it seemed like more people liked Blade runner than hate it, but then say "It won't be a classic"

It's not a movie discussion until the eternal debate is brought up, what is the best way to watch movies, theater or television?

I hate going to the theater, it is full of other people and nasty popcorn chewing noises, coughing, laughing, talking, etc. No thanks. I always watch movies on my computer since I do not own a television since I'm not a fucking pleb

Is he right?

Oh god, I'm getting an error, here's the picture

a.pomf.cat/kvoaxd.png

Kinda uncomfortable to sit upright or attempting to lay on an office chair though

I have a laptop, I sit/lay on my bed. Certainly comfier than shitty creaky sticky theater seats

well, he was right back then, they didn't have huge hdtvs. their equivalent to an hdtv was a vhs played on a 30 inch 4:3 television

old usenet seems comfy

Well the theatrical release of bladerunner was horrid. Harrison ford didn't want to do the intro monologue for basically every reason, so he read it as poorly as he possibly could hoping they'd cut it, but they used it anyway.

do you think in 20 years from now people will be digging up threads from today

No, the pre-HDTV equivalent to an HDTV was a goddamn projector and film reels.

Only if someone figures out how to filter out all shitposting.

What would the people of the 2040's even think of Sup Forums and Sup Forums as a whole when looking at the archives?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Parry

tfw you can't get articles in magazines just for being a weird and persistent shitposter anymore

People like to shitpost.

Years ago I read some shitpostings from the 90's regarding video games.

These people weren't amateurs and dedicated full blown hours to make everyone mad and fucking with them.

Their Meme DNA lives on through us.

Same thing anyone remotely intelligent thinks now.

The board is populated entirely by people who live in permanent care facilities for the mentally retarded.

It'll probably be pretty interesting to look back on if online anonymity ever dies out.
It's also sad to think that even if this place is a shithole compared to what it was 7-8 years ago, that it might be fucking heaven compared to what it's gonna be in 7-8 more years.