How do we turn this into a draw, Sup Forums?

How do we turn this into a draw, Sup Forums?

Conference Finals are drawing 800K-1.5 million. That's LPGA level ratings.

>B-But Canada

Small country, even if the entire country watches the Stanley Cup finals, it won't beat the NBA Finals ratings last year. (Game 7 drew 33 million).

Is hockey simply dying?

>Small country, even if the entire country watches the Stanley Cup finals, it won't beat the NBA Finals ratings last year. (Game 7 drew 33 million).

Population
• 2016 census

If the laffs aren't playing I just don't care desu

Shit casual fan, not surprised though Parjinder.

You know ratings are calculated based on households and not individual people, right? Right?

Aren't those numbers for US only though?

I think the really rough rule of thumb is hockey gets the same amount of total viewers in both countries

Hockey is better smaller nobody wants it to turn into the NFL with its Super Sized XXL Commercial Breaks Sponsored By Pepsi or NBA. So fuck off Amerilard and go watch Jamarcus and Jabal bump into each other for 15 seconds in between your 30 minutes of commercials considering Americans are to busy stuffing half their body weight in food in the stands to play their own """Sports""""

you are so fucking mad jesus

How about you stop refpucking all the interesting teams out of the playoffs fucking jews

Wait for the racial tensions that have been increasing exponentially since the advent of social media to reach a boiling point.
After that, the NHL will have an obvious market to tap into.

I think it's fine. Comfy and free of super casuals

It's a boring af sport
There's really nothing to be done

fuck off, popularity is not a good thing.

>laffs
>coilers
>cants
kek

Okay customer. Like I said hockey is better without most of the american audience.
Is this why americans love their XXL Super Bowl Wallmart 13% off canned cheese commercial breaks? What other ""sport""" makes an event out of its commercial breaks?

2 point line
Music during play
Better celebrations
Cheerleaders
Bigger net
30 second powerplays for minor things (icing, offsides, etc.)
3 point line

I could do this all day just make me commish

Movie theater trailers before start of movie

I like football in spite of the commercial breaks
Besides, soccer is a bigger sport worldwide and has less commercial breaks than furpuck and it's still shit

literally cancer.

who the fuck cares about ratings? take this jewish shit back to football and keep ruining that

Also new teams in:
Atlanta
Houston
SF
Carolina
Miami
Okc
Mexico city
Seattle
San Diego
Cleveland
Baltimore
New orleans

Where tf even are Montreal ottowa vancoover edminton Calgary Toronto

>Also new teams in:
>Atlanta
Why? So they can move it to Canada for the third fucking time?

Rrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>carolina

Honestly not surprised people don't know the canes exist tbdesu

>muh ratings
>muh growing the game
hockey is already fucking neutered enough it's hardly the sport it was even just 15 years ago. It's gone soft considering that Phaneuf laying a big hit in the play offs is considered "old time hockey" now it's fucking sad state of hockey today.

>How do we turn this into a draw, Sup Forums?
Why do we care?
The game is never going away.
And I like the game.
IDGAF about strangers' salaries or revenue.
Whatever they make, the game will still be there.

Switch the format back to 1-8 so the Pens can beat the Caps in the ECF rather than the ECSF.

>fucking jews
leaver that shit for the teen burgers, milkbag.
you're better than that.

how about a coloured streak on TV to show everyone where the puck is?

>Cheerleaders
ice girls are better

is this a meme?

girls who can skate are better

t. Gordon Goldstein

I don't want it to be popular, what good does popularity do for the league? It only stands to make ticket prices go up.

by explaining why hockey is "dying", you explained why it is good

if i see someone out in public anywhere, even at the bar, and they're wearing hockey gear ESPECIALLY if it is from an out of town team (i live in STL and even Blues gear is somewhat uncommon to see) i know to an absolute certainty that they are a real hockey fan and i can strike up /hoc/ chat with them

if i see someone wearing any other sport, ESPECIALLY the St. Louis Cardinals, they could be anything from a season ticket holder, all the way down to a casual normie weekend warrior who catches 2 minutes of the game on his way out of the bar while he's already shitfaced and doesn't even know what day the Cardinals are playing next

and it's usually the latter

hockey is GREAT the way it is

I would't mind burying it off my wrister into her five-hole if you know what I mean...

talent in the league is already diluted, I can only imagine the shitshow if it became successful and had further expansion

you've never been to an NHL game eh?
fun to see the surprise in a new fan's face when they learn that scantily clad babes are shoveling ice during every commercial break
probably should get to it lad

>you've never been to an NHL game eh?
>implying
>fun to see the surprise in a new fan's face when they learn that scantily clad babes are shoveling ice
like I said girls who can skate are better

sorry i meant that post for this guy

whats done is done :()

PLEASE do continue with more of her

>Relocate the Coyotes to Seattle
>Relocate the Hurricanes to Hartford
>Relocate the Panthers to Quebec
>Relocate the Predators to Portland
>Give a northeastern city like Baltimore or Milwaukee an Expansion team
>build a streaming service that is actually good and advertise the hell out of it
>cheaper tickets/cheaper ticket packages/ticket subscriptions
>get rid of 2-4 team spots from the playoffs, so it actually becomes a challenge to make the postseason
>Bettman retires

Fixed. Hockey will never draw in the big crowds like the NBA or NFL, which is fine. but these steps will make it a more enjoyable product.

This guy gets it.

Lmao you've never been to Chicago have you, 99% of the people wearing shithawks gear probably could not explain faceoff rules

But yeah you're pretty much right

Agreed

Oilers had the worst ref puckig I've ever seen

Kesler literally held talbots pad down and no goalie interference

He isn't wrong.

>2 point lines
>3 point lines

Cancer

Only good idea is bigger net, which should be done because any attempt to make goalie equipment smaller (closer to early 80's levels) is met with "Muh SAFTEY!!"

Complete ignoring past goal tenders were fine

People don't watch games their team isn't involved in nor do they care. The cup MIGHT get higher ratings if a Canadian team made the finals AND WAS WINNING. This would attract people who would want to see the drought be broken, no Canadian team has won the cup since 1994 which is embaressing for a country that is allegedly the best at hockey.

How is NBA ratings even good right now? No games even matter until the finals. People still watch 40 point blow outs?

The predators have grown a pretty large fan base for a southern market

It's crazy to see how many fans they have (games are mostly full during reg season)

Especially since Nashville plays boring hockey

Although they are more fun to watch with lavs coaching