It's going to suck, isn't it, nolan's best days are behind him

It's going to suck, isn't it, nolan's best days are behind him

It is when you can't control your extras who start laughing their heads off during this scene and don't fire them and reshoot it.

I can't wait for the black soldiers we'll see.

>best days
Inform me of when he had any good days

nolan can't even do a proper fight scene with five people, imagine all the mistakes that'll make it into the film portraying something as massive as the Dunkirk evac

Memento and prestige were pretty good, after that it's been shit movie after shit movie

he should go back to making films like insomnia and momento instead of trying to impress everyone

memento is awful

>pg 13 ww2 film
BRAVO NOLAN

Honestly this doesn't bother me, you can still show the intensity and brutality of war without it being rated r

"Huuh? Is that you god? Whaa..what? Shoot all my buddies as soon as i get off the boat? Hmm well ok....."

Western front was pretty much a pg13 kindergarten compared to shit that was happening in the East

>it'll suck

This guy will be the root cause

Its a ww2 action movie. says right on the poster. its for fuckin casuals. its gonna suck.

The webm has already been posted, faggot.

The action sequences will be boring and confuse as fuck

Like Inception third act, but for whole 3 hours

>People unironically enjoyed Interstellar
This upsets me more than it should

without all the visceral blood and guts it might as well be pro war propaganda

The Eastern front was brutal. But the Western front was no cakewalk either. Also, mr Vatnik, Russia pussyfooted in the Far East, going so far as to appease Japan so that the Japs don't declare a war on them and open up another front. The Soviets survived because reserve armies in the Eastern districts were free to shore up on the West.

I'm not trying to defend nolan but

this could be a honest reaction from some sadistic person who wants to be a soldier

>looking for that new Nolan meme
Just wait, guys. C'mon. Don't force this one.

What? How? No blood or any gore with PG-13. How is that gonna show brutality of war when you can't show any?

It's a meme, it hasn't even been rated yet, he posts that in every Dunkirk thread.

desu there would be way more laughing men in that boat than silent weirdos in an actual war.

>Soldiers in war loose identity, just a number in the death toll
>Use literal cardboard cutouts as extras

BRAVO NOLAN

Or people laugh out of nerves, fear induced mania, or just trying to brave around his mate.

Truth is so much film of late has been a heavily blue filtered desaturated mess of angst monomotional dweebs staring mournfully during all scenes, even in films that really needed to be more amusing like Total recurdled.

Reminder

I thought this was Wonder Woman

Even if it sucks big time, I have massive respect for Nolan pushing once again an original idea in these era of big studio interventions and reboot cash ins.

No one asked for a yet another WWII war movie, there is no market demand for it. And it isn't about the american heroism so it loses even more.
But he made it because he wants to do it out of passion/desire to make it.

Even if it becomes the biggest flop ever I will surely go watch this atleast once in the cinema just to support.

They aren't really people.

Meme all you want, but Interstellar was the best cinema experience of my life.

The combination of audio visual elements thrown at my face through an analog IMAX projector and that sound system was really something.
Never experienced anything like it.

Isn't that like saying you really loved the prose/imagery and the font but the book was shit otherwise?

A few of the scenes are great though, i think they saved the movie as a whole.

I enjoyed it but like 99% of the people who watched it hated the ending

Are you by any chance new here?

Film is a visual medium, the visual/audio element is the main focus, while in the books the narrative is main element.
You can take a bad/mediocre script and make a good movie out of it if you give it to the right people (some recent examples: Fury Road, Sicario, The Revenant)
Story is just one element out of them all that form a movie.

fuck meant to reply to

>Film is a visual medium, the visual/audio element is the main focus
sounds like a copout for half assing it to me mate

back to Sup Forums

make me

Sounds like you are an undereducated tourist to me my dear amigo friend

When you listen to music you don't firstly try to understand the actual substance, you enjoy the rhythm/melody/dynamics of the notes etc. And only after a couple of listens you maybe look more into the actual supstance of the track.
But the music is still the most important thing no matter what.

Lurk more and educate yourself on artform in general please.

nah I think you're just autistic

okay you sure got me great argument right there got em

>film about brits running away

Can't wait.

is that jimmy fallon?

I bet it'll be great. You're complaining about nothing.

it'll have the stupidest shit ever

10/10 will see it in imax at least 4 times

its weird how sometimes when you escape Sup Forums for awhile how sometimes it seems like you come back and everything is better than ever before. And other times it seems like there's no longer any value here. Your post falls into the latter category. Faggot ass OP.

Smfh tbqh famalam

pg-13 ?

How is that even possible for ww2

The water planet sequence still gives me chills

There'll be a lot of shit that literally no one except autists on this board notice, because they'll be combing through the movie looking for shit they can spam on this board

Is he the new CIA?

>audio
I also loved going death because Nolan doesn't understand that making something louder doesn't make it more emotional.