Lets talk about something ridiculous...

Lets talk about something ridiculous. Name your state and weather the department of motor vehicles requires motorcycle riders to use helmets.
Pennsylvania - only riders under 20 years old.

first let's check your local community college for some grammar courses

no I'm cool brah

Yeah, that's ridiculous. All riders should be required to wear helmets. Your stupidity shouldn't affect everyone's insurance rates.

They made the 'No helmet law' to institute a form of population control, as only idiots don't were helmets. Resulting in higher idiot casualty rates.

Personally I think the gear is cool as fuck so I wouldn’t mind wearing it

the thumbnail made it look as if the Batman TAS two-face was driving that bike

Idaho
No helmet law.

flip flops on a motorcycle lol

if you fall you will grind half of your foot off on the pavement

Lol, even if you don't fall off. You put your foot down if you're rolling even a little bit it will either get ripped off or it will get grinded down to nothing.

God, I want to punch riders who wear flip flops in the mouth.

Illinois
No helmet law

Hate the squids. MD has helmet law, and when I go to PA I still wear it.

Florida- No helmet law
Gerogia- Mandatory helmet

Anyone not wearing a helmet is a fucking moron. I wouldn't wear anything less than boots, jeans, leather jacket and full face helmet at all times.

I ride this because I am a colossal faggot. I still wear a helmet most of the time. My dad bought me a jacket when I bought the bike so I have a pretty cool-looking protector that has a zip-out lining so it's warm in winter and not hot in summer.

I mostly bought it for a commute I had for some years. It paid for itself in gas saved versus driving to work. It's just not a "real" motorcycle.

I saw a fool with sneakers an shorts and a dried red mess of a leg going upthe road. Maybe the fool learned a lesson.

Oops. Forgot to post pic of my faggot girly ride.

I'm a little surprised you don't always wear gloves. Any reason for that? I always wear gloves, even when I'm being a fuckhead and wearing shorts, t-shirt and no helmet .

But then, I just don't like the texture on the handles of my bike.

depends on the weather really, i wear gloves 50% of the time id say. i should probably wear them 100% of the time. but most injuries are head, back or foot related. hands are minor injuries from initial fall bracing.

Yeah, because life is better without hands. SMH

The only accident I was ever in, I had a slight injury to my hand and the glove didn't help one bit. My fingers got crushed between the handle and an object. Got away with pic related scar on my middle finger.

The scar is so slight you can't even see it in the thumbnail. I was really lucky.

>i should probably wear them 100% of the time

reading comprehension isnt your strongest suit i take it?

went down with gloves on, broke my wrist during initial fall. gloves are nice if your sliding on your hands.

NY has a helmat law.
I gave a brain bucket with a clip on face shield (good for rain and cold ass weather), a heavy leather jacket, leather gloves, steel toed leather boots, and right now i wear jeans, but i really need to find myself something more protective. Anyone have any suggestions?

what kind of "more protection" are you looking for?

I kniw denim will help a BIT in a slide, but id loke something thata a little more resistant to wearing out. I dont really wanna do leather chaps if i can avoid it. I was thinking more along the lines of ballistic fiber type stuff that you can still wear around when youre not on the bike.

Dickies?

We'll, there's always leather chaps, but some would say those make you look like a leather-club faggot.

I'd say just shop "protective motorcycle pants". You'll find a lot that just look like (and probably are) regular jeans or leather pants, but there are some that are engineered specifically for riding (knee and shin pads, hip and tailbone pads, etc)

Denim won't help you at all. Basically if you want to know what will protect you on a motorcycle, try shaving whatever it is you think is protection in a grinding wheel.

Hadnt considered those... thanks.

Those were my thoughts on chaps too. I know youre supposed to "dress for the slide, not the ride" but i gotta draw a line somewhere.
Ill end up googling it, i just wanted to know if anyone here had an opinion on something theyve actually used.

Brutal but true. I knew a one-legged crack whore who had a story about wrecking a Harley wearing nothing but a bikini. She said road rash on your tits is a real bummer.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. The only thing I've worn other than jeans was jeans + ski pants for riding in fall/early winter.

Those are the shittest $10 eBay gloves ever, bro. But the hard abs knuckle is good for knocking a belligerent fuckhead out.

Thats what im doing now. Thermals+jeans+ski pants = being comfortable in below freezinf temps

Draggin' Jeans are good.

CT- no helmet law
Required safety goggles atleast lol
I ride with a helmet cause of some protection and bugs are alway hitting my face lol

I was trolling with those gloves. I own some fingerless ones, but I only wear them in the summer to make me feel better about not wearing proper gloves.

I know they're not really protective, but they look fun and make me feel like a transformer.

I wore a pair of too-big jeans over my regular jeans or khakis and under my snow pants. I needed to be able to shuck most of my warm gear so I wasn't a sweaty mess at work.

Indiana here. Basically I'm not as stupid as you and I chose to wear my brain bucket

GIBS ME DAT 25% OF YER EARNINGS CUS WE WUZZ KINGZ

Alright boys and girls today we have a subtle troll, pay attention. Notice how he maintains the moral high ground touting safety and concern for others while casually baiting with obvious spelling errors trying to lure out weaker and more angry batiees ready to lash out at the first sign of even feigned weakness. He chums the thread with thinly veiled samefagging while peppering in the same spelling errors. Some have already taken the bait, but I'm gonna go stick my finger in his bum.

>Reparations
das wut whitey gets fo appropriatin hour black culture and superb heroes.

California. Of course we have a helmet law.

Ah Fine choice the GTA Faggio.

What can I say except you're welcome?

To be fair, youre the only state that has it IN WRITING that lane splitting is legal.
Over here in NY, we're one of 4 or 5 states where its explicitly illegal :-(

>This kills the troll thread apparently.

Netherlands: helmet is mandatory

I'm a Britfag but did a road trip from Orlando, Florida to Los Angeles on a Harleys with my dad. Couldn't believe how many people weren't wearing helmets and how many states didn't require them. It was madness.