The superhero movie fad STILL hasn't ended

>the superhero movie fad STILL hasn't ended
How can people still be getting excited about these? The Marvel movies aren't bad, but I don't understand eagerly anticipating them and paying to see every single one. I'm happy to see one with friends, but I wish they'd clear out some space in my local multiplex to show some really great movies. How much longer could this possibly last? Will Marvel ever bomb?

Its only been 4 years since the avengers came out which is when it really got kick started. Everything before it was a prelude. Id give it another few years. Once we get to infinity war then we can start to lookn and see if there is fatigue and if the box office still isnt as strong.

Thanks for stopping by user, we'll see you and your thread again in a few months.

>The Marvel movies aren't bad
They are though. Geniune cancer on the medium.

I thought there would be the obvious Marvel movies but I have been disappointed that comics from Vertigo, Dark Horse and Image haven't been made into successful movies (Aside from Hellboy).

I always liked those alt-comics they were what I came back to the comic book store for.

I also thought DC's titles would do better but only so I could see Haunted Tank: The Movie starring Jamie Foxx as a Tank Commander and Jeff Bridges as the Ghost of J.E.B. Stuart.

>They are though. Geniune cancer on the medium.

They are just replacing your standard fare action movie. We would have a dozen shitty Tom Clancy One-Man-Versus-the-World BS movies instead.

Studios know that you need to be able to consistently make PG-13 movies that have action.

>everything popular is bad

>>everything popular is bad

That's pretty much true except for Coca Cola and Blowjobs.

The Tom Clancy movies were nowhere as bad.
Never said that. But these Marvel movies are geniune trash. They recycle the same morning cartoon plots over and over again.

did shit super here fan/manchild

Everyone go see Hacksaw Ridge this weekend so we got more historical war films instead. Dr Strange is shit anyways.

Personally, the Marvel movies are a childhood dream come true.

My first and foremost thought when first learning about superheros and the stories about them was always "I wonder what this would be like as a movie, if only I could lose myself in these stories and pretend it was all real, I could find a unique happiness."

Not in those words, but that best describes the feeling I've always had about Superhero comics. Cool pictures of cool looking characters doing cool stuff, to my mind, the next logical step was never anything but "Now lets see it all in motion."

I wish either the movies were better, or they could stop hogging summer and let some smaller, better movies get wide releases.

kek

They aren't great. They're just watchable.

There are just like 6 capeshit movies a year autismos, nobody is forcing you to go see them either.

I'm fine with them making shit movies. What I don't understand is just how beloved these videogame movies actually are. People have no standards. Adult people watching fucking Guardians of the Galaxy and thinking it funny and clever.

>They're just watchable
Dude I have to literally stop watching them after the 4th quip

I think the problem or flaw in thinking people will get over this or that it's a fad is that you're looking at these movies as "super hero" or "cape" movies and not big budget action movies (with vibrant costumes). Its an absurdly simple formula that was going on long before cape movies. It's got all the drawing points of any Stallone or Schwarzenegger picture except appropriate for all audiences and with a built in fanbase, and the only reason it never caught on before were the technological limits of special effects.

If you can get past the opening quips in Captain America: The Winter Soldier is pretty good. I actually liked that movie a lot. Easily the best of the franchise.

but ON YOUR LEFT is GOAT

That part is good. The quips during the first action scene I didn't like.

>action movies with humorous one-liners still haven't disappeared
I know right? Fucking Bond.

Wait until after Infinity War then it will slowly start to die. It's all downhill after that no matter what Marvel has planned

>I wish they'd clear out some space in my local multiplex to show some really great movies
Multiplexes do show better and smaller movies, they just get short releases. You've got to be on that ball with release dates, after missing out on Sicario by one day I always plan for stuff I want to see.

test

>So I could see Haunted Tank: The Movie

May as well ask for fucking Space Cabbie

It will last until Infinity War. It's hard to stop all that momentum when the end of the ride has been announced with so much anticipation.

Conversely, it will be hard to maintain that momentum unless some really unexpected stuff happens in the MCU to keep people interested for another batch of films or Fox and/or Warner manage to pull of something of the same magnitude within their universes in that timeframe. Both are very unlikely.

You know what Fox should do?
An X-Men movie set in the Savage Lands, with the people who made the special effects for Jurassic Park working on the dinosaurs. Just two hours of dinosaurs vs mutants hi-jinks.

GO SEE HACKSAW RIDGE

It is the opposite of Capeshit.

It opens today. I know we hate movies because of the no singles policy and whatnot but one way to stop this bullshit is to go out and vote with your wallets.

And who better to vote for than Mel.

But Mel is an enemy of the Masters, he is not kosher.

While that would be very interesting and a great nod to the comic fans, I don't know if that would fly with the general audiences considering the X-Men films have been considerably less fantastic than most other super hero universes.

Adding space X-Men stuff like the Brood, Lilandra, Corsair or even Asteroid M sounds difficult enough, hidden dinosaur lands seems way too out there.

Maybe if the movie starred a new cast of mutants? I'd really love a New Mutants movie, and this sounds like the kind of thing were you could have goofy mutants have some fun.

The fact that they refuse to do outrageous stuff like Sauron or the Brood and probably won't make Phoenix a cosmic entity again is going to be their downfall. They should embrace the comics, not be ashamed of them.

No they mass produce shit films that are enjoyable so they are never gonna end and I have no problem with it.

This is the studio that gave us black leather uniforms, user.

I don't have any faith that any X-Men aside from X2 will ever truly capture the X-Men comics. The most I can expect from Fox is a well made Mutant Massacre and some spotlight to so-far ignored mutants.

>that any X-Men
meant any X-Men movie

Reminder that this made a billion dollars

But we got a neat Deadpool movie, come on let's all believe our hardest!

I turned it off after 20 minutes. I think I was a decade too old for it.

Wow. You're an asshat.

The marvel movies are pretty fucking bad. You can't browse a film board and claim they are good.

Just don't watch them and go watch your shitty indie flicks. Problem solved.

jesus fucking christ

I see no fault here.

You don't see anything wrong with the cartoon-tier dialouge? You don't see anything wrong how the villain girl drops in from nowhere, at a very convenient time of the dialouge, just gets blasted off in favor of a quip?

The thing with Deadpool is that you're pretty much given a license to do whatever you want.

It's hard to do something similar in a more grounded X-Men Universe like the one Fox has built. That's why I'm saying that pretty much the only real chance they've got is starting such "adventures" with another cast.

No, I see absolutely nothing wrong with a comic book movie having cartoony dialogue or the comedic timing.
In fact I find it funny. I mock your value-system.

Its worst and laughable when kids cartoon characters and comic book characters try to be serious dramas with no fun like they are catering to adults.

But isn't Deadpool part of that universe they've built?
Oh well.

But it's Deadpool.

You could easily make a movie about Canonball, Sunspot, Magik, Magma, and maybe even Shadowcat and Colossus having adventures with dinosaurs.

It's very hard to do the same with Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Xavier, Magneto and Storm.

Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead are more fun that the current main cast of X-Men anyway.

>I mock your value-system.
wew lad

You also appear foolish in the eyes of others. Past instances in which I pretended to like you were FRAUDULENT.

We've already had this shit for well over 15 years its not going anywhere.

I just wish they would get more daring instead of rehashing the same fucking plot and playing everything safe.

Holy fuck such a boring series of movies

If it's so boring, why do you keep watching? I quit the DC stuff when MoS was bad, you could quit Marvel any time you want.

Indeed. It makes me mad that Fox has so many great and under-utilized characters.

>You could easily make a movie about Canonball, Sunspot, Magik, Magma, and maybe even Shadowcat and Colossus having adventures with dinosaurs.

Make the movie about Warlock taking over Savage Land with the Technovirus and the New Mutants having to save it while avoiding both the Technovirus and the dinosaurs.

Make the point clear that they're all inexperienced students aside from the two (also inexperienced) chaperones (Kitty and Colossus).

It's so easy I want to hit some Fox executive.

i havent watched doctor strange and up until CapAm3 and Avengers 2 i liked most of their movies.

AoU really soured me on the MCU and deflated my hype a lot, but I liked Ant-Man and Civil War. Ant-Man reminded of the simpler MCU movies from Phase 1 and thought it was charming, mostly because of Rudd.

Civil War was not as good as Winter Soldier and was pretty overstuffed, but it had a lot of scenes I really enjoyed. The last battle was especially good, I liked that it was small scale and they didn't go the obvious route of Cap and IM teaming up to defeat the villain. Still would've liked a proper Cap 3 solo instead of Avengers 2.5.

I hated Ant Man and Civil War was absolutely bland and uninspired after the excellent capam 2

if doctor strange sucks ill just wait for the rest of phase 2 and 3 to come out and ill pirate it

>the superhero movie fad STILL hasn't ended
Welcome to the 2nd CG boom of big budget blockbusters.

>I hated Ant Man
How? It was so much better than Age of Ultron.

>teehee im ant man look at me im so wacky and zany
boss battle was hilariously bad the humor was tv tier marvel cringe

>tv tier marvel cringe
Do you have actual opinions on anything or do you only have meaningless buzzwords which you parrot to create an identity through imitation?

>i havent watched doctor strange and up until CapAm3 and Avengers 2 i liked most of their movies.
>I have enjoyed all but the latest movie besides this one, which I haven't seen yet I'm complaining about.

I really hope you meant Cap 2, because otherwise you're retarded.

>dialouge
What did he mean b this?

when the main cast changed normies will stop caring and capeshit slowly dies minus a big Batman/Superman/Spiderman reboot every 10 years

JUST

What "funny clever" movies would you prefer they watch?

>cartoon-tier dialouge

Oh shit

The movie based on a comic book has CARTOON DIALOGUE???

Dropped, omg, I was watching these films for their grounded stories and realistic characters. Fucking letdown.