Hatred of David Schwimmer

The best television series of all time

something not as good as pic related

fight me

Jew propaganda.

Feels

i've heard the opposite

You heard right.

I wasn't a big fan of the show becoming a "one episode focused on one character" thing, made it feel like arcs were too short

I also thought there were too many characters in the company.

the highs of the pacific kick the shit out of Band of Brothers

there are some lows that bring it down but I think it is a much, much better depiction of war, and the fewer amount of characters they track made you really get to know them much better than anyone in Band of Brothers

The 101st never came across a concentration camp but apparently they couldn't find enough material and interesting things about a famed airborne paratroop company so luckily we also got to see a concentration camp episode.

The pacific was way too fucking preachy

>grandpa, were you a hero during the war?

Wish I could watch it on netflix or something, but it's on Hulu I think and that's not in BOngistan and they've cut down on proxies.

Might just have to buy it.

I didn't get that sense at all.

>He didn't like "Bastogne"

B A K A

would've been better without basilone imo

Jimmy falon.
Contraband.

are you retarded? it was one of the most down to earth war depictions I've ever seen. The pacific was a fucking awful front to fight in and this series kicked ass at depicting the "horrors of war" thing by just showing the characters go through it realistically. It was very good I thought at that. The only preachy and stupid part imo was the Basilone arc

medic was my favorite character that got his own episode actually actually

I thought BoB was a great series.

Never watched The Pacific because I heard that all the Aussies in it are cowardly fucks mad that the heroic and handsome Americans were stealin their womens

>most episodes are filler
>follows 3 different storylines
>only interesting storyline is the last episodes
>barely any Iwo Jima
>too much love bullshit
>nobody cares about Australia

The combat scenes were really brutal and visceral, but the series was bogged down by too much shit.

>tfw you'll never gain university entrance based solely on your Jap-killing skills

at least you were getting cucked by whites back then instead of lebs and abbos

One of the few series that I will never get sick of. A better war show hasn't yet been made.

Except for the episodes "Carentan" and "Replacements" which are decent but not as memorable as the others.

I think there was one scene where an Aussie calls an American a tool and makes fun of his dead friend and then they both get a punch in

most of the australia shit is Leckie getting weirdly absorbed into a greek family

Watch generation kill instead

Good show, similar tone to BoB but more focused on the futility of the war

im about 5 episodes in and its pretty good, but as usual they made the germans look like complete retards and the americans as super humans

Literal Kino!

Sledge...had a hard life.

How so? Keep in mind that Easy Company, while accomplishing a great deal, had horrendous casualties.

You'll see in later episodes.

yeah that was my issue with the first few episodes, the americans were just shitting all over the germans and it never felt tense

that changes later, although I still felt the deaths we see were expected and didn't feel as random as they would have been in war

Bastogne was really really good at this though

You are in for something that women will never understand

youtube.com/watch?v=fStFMXmz1hY
this is a good example, winters runs up on like 100 Germans by himself and just stands there shooting while they run around like idiots.
at 1:34 they literally run away from their position on higher ground into the open in front of the enemy. Also these were apparently SS troops.

part of this is that the first actual war episode follows dick winters, who essentially was a fucking super human

>there are people in this thread that don't think Bastogne was the best episode

>mfw the duck hunting scene

It makes you wonder about the accuracy of it all. Like that scene when they just stumble on that entire division of SS at the dyke, and wipe them out while losing one guy.

It seems unrealistic, but it's probably what happened, if Dick Winters' reports are to be believed.

fuck that's such a good scene

also the germans were sleeping I think, at first at least

Like I said, it may have been dramatized, but the battle really happened

youtube.com/watch?v=r8U9NB0OIlk
God damn it

I believe the battle happened I just think they made the germans look too stupid which takes away from the realism

why does he start crying? did the woods remind him of the time he was almost killed by dinosaurs?

>green eyeballs

Total snoozefest compared to Band of Brothers and Generation Kill.

It's a good show OP. I personally liked Generation Kill more than the WW2 ones.

>the pacific
>a total snoozefest

wew lad

did his medic gf die?

Tom Hardy's ass

I remeber there was some Brit in IMDB's BoB page claiming that he refuses to watch BoB because apparently its anti-british show.

lots of feels
bretty gud action scenes
shitty washed out SPR filters
one of the best miniseries of all time, the best being Generation Kill

>>nobody cares about Australia
Fug u gunt muh gallipoli mate

>Grandpa said no

>Grandpa said "of course i was you little snot. I killed so many krauts that i lost a count. I saw my friends having their legs blown off. I spent weeks in Bastogne freezing my nuts off and getting shelled by krauts. Something you know very little about you pampered little shit!

>Men, it's been a long war, it's been a tough war. You've fought bravely, proudly for your country. You're a special group. You've found in one another a bond that exists only in combat, among brothers. You've shared foxholes, held each other in dire moments. You've seen death and suffered together. I'm proud to have served with each and every one of you. You all deserve long and happy lives in peace.

I cry every time

>the best being generation kill

MY EXPECTATIONS ARE FOR YA'LL TO BE CLEEEAN SHAVEN

What the fuck was that dialect?
>AMERIQEE!
I mean, what?

They show the hospital/church bombed to shit at the end so I guess so.

>when he tears up the handkerchief he gave her to wrap someone's wound

damn...that part always stayed with me

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

You're in for one of the greatest TV series ever.

Thanks for reminding me that it's November, and Facebook is going to be full of this shit over photos of old men saluting
Everyone who posts them is obviously a kind, noble soul and definitely not a wishy-washy wanker

Even if that isn't how it happened objectively, the show is based on subjective accounts from winters and the company, so it may well have been presented how it seemed to them, which is still interesting

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM user

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

A dumb, exaggerated and slightly false telling of their part in WW2.

HIYO SILVER

Shut up Krautlover

Amazon Prime.

humans are weird , we've been routing in a war since antiquity despite it causing huge fucking casualties every time
on top of that in 1944 the ss had incorporated all foreign volounteers (including ironically Russians) , almost all of which joined up to fight communism and ethnic germans living in conquered countries they would be extremely demoralized fighting on the westren front

you are smoking with your bros trading bants when your CO offers you a smoke

WAT DO?

It is based off of subjective accounts by the men, and written fifty years later. They did amazing things, no doubt but you cannot expect them to be the most evenhanded men when telling their stories about a war, probably the only war in recent memory, where it is seen as genuinely good vs. evil. It feels like a Greatest Generation jerk off festival. That said, I love it. Also not a Wehraboo.

I couldn't remember some of their names and faces and they usually have dirt on their face and helmet on their heads so when a death scene happens I don't fucking know who died.

Nah they were just mad about having their women fucked by the BAC which actually happened. They don't make it seem like they're cowards just a bit butt hurt.

are you retarded?

a bunch of good goys killing the last hope of Europe

Bad special effects
Poor acting
Poor sound effects
Lots of Jew propaganda

Other than that it's alright

Like the scene where Prof. Xavier gets killed, it was just so random and I can't remember if he was in any scene/episode before that one.
But I ended up recognizing the main characters that survived like Dick.

POW LEASE THAT MOUSTACHE
YA'LL STARTING TO LOOK LIKE ELVISES

I know a girl who loves the HBO war series, even owns the boxsets. Take it as you will.

>girl

You probably think girls don't post here either.

built like an AT-ST

great production value
boring as fuck though

i agree. not enough quips and explosions

what the fuck are these strigiforme legs

mmm, nice egg cup body.

would love to crack that open and get in the yolk

Never forget the 8 million, goy!

this, also the they completely disregarded any notion of a diverse cast, there isn't even a single women as a lead character!

>SS troops
>1944
They were kids by then.

Anyways, war isn't like a Call of Duty game where everyone is carrying a loaded rifle at their hip at all times. If a company gets ambushed while they're sleeping/making food, it's actually a huge disadvantage.

However, I do agree that I don't understand Winters "let me run up by myself first" tactic.

you sure showed me

Go back to shitting up Sup Forums in your containment /who/ threads you stupid cunt.

woah, he's getting specific!

>Donald Malarkey will die in our lifetimes

>falling in love with damian lewis tbqh famalam ;_;
>this series made me cry like a bitch

>"Never seriously wounded, Malarkey served more consecutive time on the front lines than any other member of Easy Company."

He's also the last living main character.

Anyone care for a smoke?

Liebgott > Toye > Guarnere > Winters > Luz > Spiers > Buck > Nixon >>> rest

>no Doc Roe
>no Malarkey
>no Lipton

nixon did jack shit
he didn't even fire his gun

Best bro coming through.