Can a .22 lr do everything a 9mm can do?

Can a .22 lr do everything a 9mm can do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1pSVn7ozXTQ
gunbacker.com/9mm-vs-22/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope

Fuck knows ask /k/

>any year
>asking /k/

no, 9mm is slightly higher impact, because larger round.

no

no but itll suffice probably

22 lr is like an "icepick" or "nailgun" damage wise. It penetrates like a motherfucker but the diameter is small. Often when someone gets shot in the brain it takes 24 houres for them to die.
youtu.be/1pSVn7ozXTQ

no a 9mm will put a hole in a person.
a .22lr will lodge a bullet inside of someone.
If your goal is to not get shot though. Someone is going to freak out and maybe die just as well with a bullet in them as much as a hole in them.

Depends on your target, the range, the firearm type (carbine or pistol), your shot placement, your budget and the ammunition.

ive heard that when ppl get shot in the head with a .22 that it will bounce around in there

.22 magnums or maybe .22 hornets might, they will have more penetration in the very least because of the smaller round and higher velocity. damage wise though, meh, it depends on how good of a shot you are and where you hit your target.

>Often when someone gets shot in the brain it takes 24 houres for them to die.

Fuck you too Sup Forumstard

Interesting. What about velocitors or other .22 ammo types?

a 9mm will kill in one shot but a .22 will be more accurate and easier to use.

The get lobotomized instantly and go into a coma before they slowly die.

No. 9mm is more powerful in nearly every sense. It delivers much more force.

F=ma

On average .22lr travels at about 1100 fps
9mm travels at about 1250fps

Couple that with the 9mm having over double the 22lr's mass. You generate significantly more force. 9mm is better.

In a home invasion you want a 22. It'll do the job without blinding/deafening you and wont go through your typical wall with enough force to kill your kids next door.

is that the recoil free gun?

No, it's a somewhat quiet 9mm that has a garbage trigger.

Unless you are the Monterrey kid, the first one who got shot, he is now alive and well

fully supressed

It is a permantely suppresed pistol.

thanks. I knew it was something like that

nah just silenced, i dunno if silences affect recoil or not, but i remember in call of duty silences totally helped with recoil

As opposed to partially suppressed? lol

It's just an integral suppressor.

Are you just starting out? Get a .22lr it's got about as much recoil as an old man blowing on your hand through a straw. It's easy to start with then work your way up. Shooting is kind of like anal, start small or you're just going to flinch a lot and never be able to enjoy it.

As for leathality. 9mm is better. The whole "muh bouncing bullet in ya noggin" is a meme. They dont do that, and even if they did, the tissue trauma would still be less than that of a 9mm. As for control over the weapon, unless you're a total limp wrist bitch, there isnt much difference. Magazine Capacity/weight is the only place where a .22 can be considered better.

>a 9mm will kill in one shot

kek, think so?

Look up some ballistics, faggot. You get your knowledge from vidya games, dimbulb.

A heavy pistol/rifle soakes up more recoil.
Tiny 357 mag airframe revolvers hurt to shoot.

dude, that shit was the quietest shit ive heard. I watch a ton of gun videos, and nothing can compare.

>Most suicides are one bullet from a 9mm
Did you forget about the head son?

>Are you just starting out?
I've (OP) shot 100 rounds through the gun in OP picture and never otherwise so I guess you could say that.

Define what you’re asking about.
Can it shoot? Yes.
Does it make holes in things? Sure.

It does a bit. Not as good as a muzzle brake (which is why the big ass .50cals and .338s have muzzle breaks on almost always)

The barrel's a bit longer so there isn't really any more drop than unsuppressed.

Depends entirely on the location of the wound, not the bullet itself.

>Magazine Capacity

How many .22lr pistols do you know of that have magazines with more than 10 rounds?

Everything with the exception of lethality and stopping power.

explantion? "look up ballistics" no, why dont u? and then maybe explain how a 9mm shot to the chest wouldnt kill in one shot.
ive killed a deer with one shot with a 9mm, im pretty sure it can kill a human with one shot too.

>I watch a ton of gun videos
The mic on cameras do a poor job of representing gunshot volume.

this 1000x over.

>implying electronic recording equipment doesn't alter volume levels.

It is a pretty damn quiet gun though.

>not knowing video recorders have microphone dampening for exceptionally loud sounds to keep from damaging equipment

Not many, but it could be argued, that's the point I was trying to make.

>In a home invasion you want a 22.
I hope you're kidding.
And why are your kids next door?

>Did you forget about the head son?
Look up the stats you fucking noguns retarded douchenozzle.

A one shot stop with 9mm is only a hair better than 22. and .25acp.

Dumb fucking ignorant cunt.

can =/= does

>>slightly higher impact
the bullet has almost twice the diameter
9mm @360m/s and 485J
22lr @380m/s and 180J

Thats almost 3 times more energy to hit the target

The eq. You're concerned with is (mass x vel.^2)/2.

Fps is a unit of velocity. If you know the rate at which they accelerate to reach terminal velocity then that would help f=ma.

>can it chamber 9mm

No

/thread

About 6 or 7

His ex wife needed someone who knew literally anything about guns

No. It does not have the terminal velocity of a 9mm (usually) and the projectile is a different size. There are many differences between the two choices you have given in your original question. The stopping power is much different with .22lr round compared to the 9mm round when fired from a pistol. Probably more stopping power coming out of a rifle chambered in .22lr than w/ a pistol in .22lr but certainly not the same. The distance of a 9mm being accurate and effective is also much less than with a .22lr (when the .22lr is fired from a rifle as opposed to the 9mm coming out of a pistol). Although, the .22lr is much more difficult to hear from longer distances and can reach a good distance (400 meters+) when fired from a rifle and still have the ability to cause grievous injury to thin-skinned animals.
The ideal way to go is to own a .22lr Rifle and a 9mm pistol for best of both worlds.
Here is an article discussing your question in-depth along the lines of my response. I have not read this in its entirety but it seems to convey the point I am trying to make.
gunbacker.com/9mm-vs-22/
Also, give /k/ a visit, they know much more than I

A .22 can't load 9mm bullets

Well, when it comes to shooting the skull the skull will crack upon the bullet's impact which makes the hole bigger than a hole in a paper target actually so there isn't much difference between 5.588mm and 9mm hole.

You right. Point still stands though.

That is not incorrect.

As long as you aren't flinching when you're pulling the trigger and you know how to properly aim and hold the gun you should be fine in 9mm. It's kind of like a really good hi-five.

You faggots need to get a 10mm. They have almost the stopping power of a .45 but without the recoil or weight.

My uncle carries a .308 as his concealed carry. It's smaller than a 9mm but has much better range.

You’re a dumbass. Gargle with 10mm

>.308 as a conceal carry
>.308

>without the recoil

no. for a more detailed explanation go to /k/

did he mean a .38? hmm. im bery confused.

Ruger makes an Sp-101 revolver in both .22 and 9mm. The 22 holds 8 rounds whereas the 9mm only holds 5 rounds. Which would you pick? I'd rather have the 3 more bullets.

I don't see what the problem is.

>.308
>It's smaller than 9mm

the velocitor round shows 1435 ft/sec
the .33 hornet round is 3000 ft/sec
both are 45 grain rounds.

.22 hornet, mistyped

those .22 rounds can be small if you are clumsy and need to reload quickly but I'm not sure

Probably a .380

>Obrez
>.308
Lol no.

different guy but a 9mm CAN kill in one shot, but if you want to damage/cause death. a 9mm will go through a body. Clean wound if entry and exit point. If you dont die because or a major organ getting hit, you'll be ok. However, if you are shot with a .22lr, you'll either hit an organ and kill someone OR it'll lodge inside of victim. Exposing them to infection, requiring surgery. etc.

>those .22 rounds can be small if you are clumsy
this is true. but if you use 22 stingers and aim for the face you might need to reload

sorry, might NOT need to reload

Jesus you stupid fuck I was pointing out that it was a reasonable post.
I didn't LITERALLY fucking mean that.
Christ you kids are stupid as fuck today.
Do you breathe manually through that open mouth of yours?
Christ on a stick you are a special kind of stupid.

No
Fucking
Shit
It's
Not
The
Same

I think he ment 380 auto 9MM kers

Real talk. .22LR isn't even *close* to 9mm. It's like comparing 9mm to 300 BLK - they're not even in the same league.

Ammunition is a big factor too. A 9mm ball is less likely to kill straight out than something crazy like the RIP rounds, same with .22. And honestly shot placement is one of the biggest factors. If you can only graze with a 9mm but can put consistent rounds in vitals with .22 then the .22 is much more effective.

KEL-TEC PMR30

If I recall correctly, 9mm has a better range and destroys more tissue.

ITT: nogun faggots without a clue.

I can't maths. I just know the sound that it makes when it kills a man.

I shot one of these at a NFA event recently and I thought it was trash. I have a compensator (kind of like a muzzle brake) on a .45 that has less recoil than that thing.

Educate us then?

They don't have the recoil if you're using bullshit ammo, which is most of the 10MM offerings.

Dude's right. You fags wouldn't last 5 minutes on /k.

They've apparently improved it (As seen in shotshow 2018). I hated the trigger on it.

If you don't have a flashlight on your home defense weapon, you are doing it wrong.

OK, but so what? You kill the guy with a .22LR, or kill him 3 times as much with a 9mm. He's dead either way.

kek'd. bunch of faggots on /k/ circle jerking each other's mosin and stash of hicock45 videos

see What's wrong with the thread, I find it informative? The posters ITT are clearly gun owners at this hour

>hicock45
I like that old guy's backyard range videos

/thread

For one's pleasure and knowledge. Not meant for circle jerking to.

Thanks everyone, I have 0 new ideas to take with myself to the gun range next time I go there