What's the most depressing thing in life?

What's the most depressing thing in life?

You.

Thinking it was love, when it was all planned out, and you were just a pawn in her manipulation

knowing I don't want to live this life anymore

all the shit you used to get made fun of for liking is now popular as fuck

Sup Forums in it's current state

Watching your parents die.
Watching them slowly forget all their memories of you before their body becomes little more than a husk.

Relying on people to be happy. You can be happy by improving yourself, just do what you like and don't think because you're alone you will be unhappy. Do as you like: exercise if you like to, read, play videogames, go out, whatever makes you happy.

Having to live in a world where your expected to do things you don't want to do

>What's the most depressing thing in life?
The fact that you are a nomad on this earth and that all things are finite. The world changes around you and every precious thing is but a fleeting situation, changed irrevocably by time and change and loss. Your only home is the present. Even your longest and purest relationships might as well be two ships sailing alongside each other, fated to separate at one point or another. You will eventually say goodbye to every person, place, and era you will ever love. Forever is a lie. The closest we really have to forever is a while, and that's the most we can ever give each other. It hurts to think about, but its beautiful, too. It makes time valuable, in a weird way. That's enough, I think. It'll have to be.

I did that for 2 decades. I did what made me "happy". Not being alone would make me "happy".
There has to be more to life then cheap and petty momentary thrills

the truth

agreed user, sad but true

putting years in to date and build a relationship with someone, just for them to leave.

Women.

>This

I like how this was written. Good description

Living it knowing it'll be all for nothing because you can die at any moment, losing it all in one death

Seeing your life savings disappear in a stock market crash.
Then selling before it drops more.
But then it shoots back up.

To fatten up your enemies, completely miss seeing them as they sit behind you, and to be deaf to the pleasured moans of the women.

Probably the sad dreams I've been having lately and really abstract sensations I get from time to time, in my dreams I'm at my old school which I went to from kindergarten to grade 9 and was like probably some of the best years of my life. I don't think I want to go back to those times but it was nice, I was looked up to by a lot of my friends and even most of the teachers at that school. I guess it was because of my personality but also was party due to my appearance I think. Whenever I have these dreams I feel like I'm in another universe like I'm on and alien planet sensations are so different I don't even feel human I feel ascended like I'm connected to the land and some of the people, sometimes it takes place in the past and sometimes in the future.

>selling at a loss

Are you the guy who shot Gabby giffords

having a reoccurring dream about the death of the love of my life. I have to live that fucking moment over and over again.

Time

nothing.

"The depressing thing about tennis is no matter how much I practice, I will never be as good as a wall."
~Mitch Hedberg

A poll found that 6 out of 10 millennials don't know how to change a light bulb. Now that's what I call depressing.