Well, is he right?

Well, is he right?

the list goes on...

Yeah but only for Closer, Station to Station, Marquee Moon, and The Queen is Dead. The rest are irrelevant.

lmao

>show takes place in 1983
>the smiths released their debut in 1984

Bravo Netflix

You forgot Low, that album literally changed my life

The second season is set in 1984.
Still makes little sense since they're in america, but c'mon, it's pure fanservice.

FUCK

Kek
-inb4 muh Hand in Glove single

how would an american get access to that type of music

i used to think they were from late 70s

they really weren't that innovative

Ah, I have no idea, I'm not one.
The point is that many people who watch this show have similiar taste to Jonathan, so they wanted to throw some reference in there ("would you rather be friends with bowie or (insert country singer I don't remember the name of)") just for the good feel it puts in people's bellies.

>The point is that many people who watch this show have similiar taste to Jonathan
that doesn't make sense, they wrote that scene before any episodes aired

No, they were wilfully reactionary.

dude they have focused groups researchers on this shit. they know who watches their shows

what, before they make them
how does that work

... apart from Morrissey's lyrics, voice and persona, which were like nothing that had ever happened before, which is why he was the one who went on to have a career.

you honestly think netflix is going to greenlight and sponsor a show without knowing who to target their audience too?
im not saying the writers themselves don't love those artist but to add those lines exactly is easily trying to get the same audience that was popular with 500 days of summer and perks of a willflower

they pay ppl big money to see who they can squeeze their profits out of.

Ah, fuck! I forgot OP is from the first season. But it's a big 80s nostalgia show, which attracts nerds, also is smarter than me and explained it better

yeah, i mean it seems calculated, but also really kind of sloppily researched

They're aiming it at people whose taste is sloppily researched, so it works.

The show is about other dimension aliens or some shit. ppl don't care about some inaccurate dates. it's still part of the 80s worship.

yep, i get it

so now a stupid audience is responsible for even more revisionism, which will create even more stupid people

i guess this is just how things are right

Said the same thing when I saw that episode. Still a great show but lol

all of those artists are kinda lame

Yeah, that's what I think as well

It changed my life because it was so bad it made me kill myself