Atlanta

Decided to watch this show after I saw some people on Sup Forums talking about.

Easily the best comedy of the year (though I've only watched Veep, Silicon Valley and BoJack Horseman). It doesn't have Veep's jokes-per-minute, but it does a good job of being funny while also being dedicated to realism with its characters.

However, the "evil white man" stuff is pretty fucking unbearable. I thought that this was just going to be the typical Sup Forums-babby whining and that it wouldn't be a big deal, but they are really in your face about it. The white characters are exclusively evil or annoying, no exceptions. Episode 7 was the worst about this, with the cartoon wolf trying to steal the cereal before getting brutally arrested by a cartoon white cop. A joke like this might have been funny if they HADN'T MADE THE EXACT SAME JOKE IN EPISODE 2. We have already seen a crazy black guy get brutally tackled and arrested by a white cop while black onlookers stare with horrified expressions. It just comes off as overwhelmingly preachy - at least be a little more subtle about it.

But it's good besides that.

> Episode 7 was the worst about this, with the cartoon wolf trying to steal the cereal before getting brutally arrested by a cartoon white cop
You missed the point, Episode 7 is a parody of black entertainment media, they're not supporting the views expressed on that cartoon, they're making fun of them by putting such a serious issue in a cereal commercial, them adding it next to even more ridiculous commercials and a shitty show that is portrayed as only wanting to stir controversy.
That whole episode is a mockery of black American beliefs.

Nigger

I only like 3 episodes, the talk show, the club and the jacket, the rest are absolute shit

>serious issue
I forgot to add that I don't believe there's racial bias on the police though, so please don't meme on me.

>The white characters are exclusively evil or annoying, no exceptions

Just like every single character in the show for fuck's sake

I was real excited to watch this, but the first episode was bad to me. It's funny that you use the world "realism" when everything about how the characters interacted screamed "dream story" to me. Just not my taste.

I havnt tried it either, but from your description it sounds like the way Boondocks portrayed white people. Does it at least make fun of blacks in the same way?

why wouldn't it

The one where he's stuck in jail all day was pretty good too

>Does it at least make fun of blacks in the same way?
Yeah.

>Does it at least make fun of blacks in the same way?
Constantly. OP's being a baby, the show really isn't PC like that.

Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring because I know Sup Forums will hate it because black people. This show's fucking great, it's the best new show of the year, and you're doing yourself a disservice if you avoid it because it's written by black people. It's also actually more redpilled than you'd expect.

Its kinda thick on it. As a white guy i constantly feel attacked.

Okay, fair point. But what about the scene in the shooting range? The over-the-top white asshole characters would be fine here if it were in the name of comedy, but it's not. After the initial laughs from seeing Darius's dog-target, the whole thing is a straight-faced "dude being black sucks everyone hates us," scene.

I'm saying it's preachy. I still liked the show, but segments like this come on way too strong, and I think it would be improved by being more subtle.

>The over-the-top white asshole characters would be fine here if it were in the name of comedy, but it's not. After the initial laughs from seeing Darius's dog-target, the whole thing is a straight-faced "dude being black sucks everyone hates us," scene.
I don't know they didn't come as asshole-ish to me.
He went to a shooting range with a dog pattern target and people asked him what was that about, as far as I recall they became aggressive when he told them that he wanted to shoot the dogs of his neighbourhood.

The only one that came out as a dick in my opinion was that guy that worked at the radio station from the second episode I think.

that's because it's absurd that people have no issue with shooting people shaped targets but get very defensive about shooting dog shaped ones

> I know Sup Forums will hate it
yeah because youre not one of us cuck

Think you're being a little touchy desu. They make fun of black people just as much.

grow a thicker skin

the club episode was very boring and i don't think i'll watch anymore

tv has a bad taste all the shows you got on front page that i´ve checked out were really shitty like gotham, scream tv show etc

but it has the best joke in the series, the invisible car

If I had to describe it quickly to someone, I'd call it the black Louie. It's got parts of arthouse and surrealism intertwined with a genuine story. Granted, it never really brings it all together, and each episode, especially toward the end there, sort of felt disjointed.

The main characters are involved in a shooting in the first episode and it's never really mentioned again except in passing, like a joke reference. Maybe that's the point, like it's a common occurrence in this environment, but from a story standpoint it didn't really make good. Same with Paper Boi "stealing" from the club. A lot of the show is a bunch of woe-is-me imagery involving Earn, yet he's not a sympathetic character, or at least doesn't come off as one. It's artsy and nicely shot, but again, not wholly satisfying from a plot standpoint.

Yes, the white characters (and cops) and the general idea of racism are very cliche. The white guy who'll say nigga in front of his friend but not in front of other black guys. Particularly the host of the Juneteeth party, I know I've seen that character before.

It's a good show, funny more times than not, but I think as a whole it's talked about as if it's some serious commentary you either get or your don't, when it's frankly not all that serious a lot of the time.