Feels thread because it's always good to vent frustration

Feels thread because it's always good to vent frustration

Just post whatever depressing shit you'd like.

>be me
>been a drawfag since I was a little kid
>fast forward to adult life
>work at call center for 10 years
>hands free most of the day
>draw all day erryday
>get fired
>go 1.5 years jobless
>only do one big project, not much other drawing
>get new call center job
>"paperless environment" so can't draw
>don't draw at home because computer and playstation
>work there for 1.5 years
>try to draw on my own time once in a while
>can't get it to come out
>go back and look at my DA
>feels like some of the things I used to be proudest of was garbage
>now I'm in school and working part time at a place where I can draw again
>slowly working up to drawing again
>mostly designs on sticky notes for now
>I used to be able to draw anything I ever wanted
>now it feels like I can't barely draw shit

How long before I can just draw my cozy little characters again?

(pic related, it's one of my recent sets of designs on 4 sticky notes)

Wait can't you make a living off of drawing? With a pad and such, isn't it completely possible to do both?

Double dubs checked.

And assuming you aren't trolling: No, it's next to impossible to make a living just drawing. Most people who draw for money have a "real" job as well. I'm not willing to live the lifestyle of the starving artist. I want to draw for me and for people with interests similar to mine (as few as they may be).

Jeez, nobody feels like a feels thread today.

Im very persistent to spread my misery don't worry

Come on, you must have a feels story. Greentext it!

>be me

maybe it's hard, but not that as next to impossible. you can do it, for sure.

i work as a freelance graphic designer and illustrator, i'm not even close to be a good drawer but i get some money from it.

i do characters, storyboards for ad films, some retouching on photos. use to draw packaging too, but this days it's much easier to make a 3dmodel -but you can learn that too, it's not rocket science.
hey, some times i even sell some of my "artsy" pieces in small art galleries.

don`t give up, practice a lot. you can do it by hand, but a graphic tablet will speed your work a lot, specially if you are trying t go pro.
set a specific day and hour to draw, does not have to be long hours, and commit to it.

build a small solid portfolio, go on behance and hit some local printshops, ad agencies, magazines, etc.

Feel like u are stressing to draw. Idk I thought drawing should be casual

Well isn't more important to do what you want, make way for your passion and if you can implement it in your work then try it, why not.

Green texting my problem would be making it longer and i would add more detail, would you perfer that?

Well, I sort of have a portfolio. I have a DA with over 400 submissions.

A lot of them are comic or children's book style illustrations, but a lot of them are just designs.

I can't use a graphic tablet at work, otherwise I'd think about getting one.

I'm most comfortable drawing on paper anyway. I like being able to turn the canvas any which way to get the best angle on any particular line I'm drawing.

I also like doing textures by hand. Pic related: I did most of this at work. (OC donut steel)

I stress about it too much. It used to be 100% casual, but I'm out of practice now and I'm slowly getting back into it.

I've done a little work for money. A couple of Christmases ago I did a large piece for a church; the Three Wise Men. I also did Christmas cards to sell (not holiday cards, Christmas cards). I still have most of them, lol.

(samefag) Cool, I like your cityscape the best, there!

Yes, share it!

>be me(owth)

Alright I'll type it all out since I have free time

>I'm most comfortable drawing on paper anyway.
yea, me too, and i use traditional methods all the time.
but a tablet is a very good tool for work.you can get the feel with practice. also, in photoshop you can rotate the canvas in the screen, it`s pretty useful.

thanks, working on another one right now, a commission for a friend's book.
it's buenos aires, by the way.

>be me
>meet a girl around a year ago or so
>she starts dating someone and you keep your distance while talking to her once and a while
>feel indifferent
>3 months pass and a fight in the friends group breaks out
>trouble in paradise
>so the girl and the guy (now a alright guy/friend)
>we start talking again
>I've always kinda liked her despite knowing her sister first
>some weird attraction
>we start talking more and more and I realise I really DO like her and it isn't loneliness or something
>we kick it off during Valentine's day last year
>we date for a while
>things are good, and we're having fun
>spring break comes around and she acts a bit diffrent

and thats a nice work,man.
i really hope you find pleasure and joy again on drawing.

My wife has given up on life and doesn't give a fuck anymore. She can't hold down a job, she won't cook, clean, or even pick up after herself, she just lets trash pile up around her and I need to do every single last thing in her life. All she does is sit around and watch netflix. I've called her out so many times about it, she promises and promises and promises, but never ever follows through. She refuses to get any kind of psychological help either and when I stop doing all of those things our apartment becomes a massive trash heap with rotting food on unwashed dishes.

On the flipside We've been together for 12 years now (since we were 16/18) and it's hard for me to give up something like that, but her habits have been going on for 3 entire years now and I'm at a loss.

Cont... (almost was caught)

>so she starts acting diffrent
>turns out she didn't feel ready for a relationship or something
>I don't actually know to this day
> i just ask if she'd like to break up, in hopes she was just feeling off
>she did
>I accepted it and went home

If she doesn't get it together then walk away. You are not responsible for anyone's happiness.

Irish Ghost my nigga. Start a new life somewhere else.

I'm in a similar situation with my wife.

BUT

She's not refusing to get help, and she's slowly getting better. That makes all the difference. If she was refusing to take steps toward getting better, I might think about leaving her.

As it is: She's been there for me when I was an absolute mess and not worth anything, which has happened more than once, so I'll be here for her.

That story does kinda suck. Sorry, man.

Out of curiosity: Almost caught doing what? Typing something on your computer/phone? What's the big deal?

I should be doing work but whatever

Cont...

>my parents force a trip back to the homeland for me
>I think they caught on that I was sad
>i stayed their and mildly enjoyed myself....

>Uuuuuuuuntil i found that she had a new boyfriend
>I can't blame her, it's been months and she's just moving on
>but I didn't move on
>we're still friends and still to this day gives me words of encouragement
>I had mixed feelings of my trips to the homeland
>return home and it's the same shit

Keep in mind this whole time I've been becoming more and more miserable and bitter

>keep going down the misery slope
>bitter
>all my friends are indifferent either bitter or depressed
>really frustrated constantly

Today
>this whole story began with me being happy on valentines
>now im miserable on the same day a year later

Oh well right now I'm supposed to be doing something so, that's kinda what it's more I was almost caught NOT doing it.

Bad times, man. Hope you get something to pick you up soon.

Agreed, things are bad, but I mean can it get worse?

Well actually yeah, it can always get worse

At least you have a job, right? Trust me, if you're unemployed everything is worse.

I remember being a young lad in the back on my dad's car and looking at the people in other cars and sondering, man it's a weird experience

Yeah i earn my own and I'm still in my youth so I should at the very least. Have that to keep me satisfied

I've developed severe OCD from living in a dirty, bug infested house for my whole life. Funniest part is the fact that I'm a neet, only ONE FOURTH because of this particular problem and can't move out so I still live in this here. I can't stand any of this shit but I can't do anything about it either. At this point, if I were to live alone without anyone with me I'd likely start getting so stressed out I'd go back to puking every day from the anxiety like it was the first time I tried to hold a job. That or I'd just be unbearably paranoid because being anywhere but my room makes me incredibly uneasy and makes it impossible to fully trust people not to steal my shit or kill me when I'm not looking.

On top of all that, I'm black and have an average dick. What's the point of being alive at this point. There are 0 good things going for me. Couldn't even cash in on the BBC meme so I'm just a nigger AND a virgin. Guess I'll just waste the rest of my days alive playing video games until I die. Not even sure I really care about my future anymore.