What happens after death?

What happens after death?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/where-do-you-go-when-you-die-increasing-signs-human-consciousness-after-death-800443
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fade to black

Life.

What's happened before life.

decomposition

What was it like before you were born? There you go

Decomposition.

nothing

There's no rational reason to think it's much different than total unconsciousness, or skipping through all of the rest of time instantly without percieving it or being present to worry about it.

There are clearly certain ways life is preferable, such as feeling pleasure, but just imagine all of the possible terrible ways you could suffer in life and then the prospect of not existing doesn't seem so bad!

I like to think your consciousness keeps living. Kind of like you just go in a dream or some shit, I know that sounds stupid but still.

Interesting question. Imagine the change that could happen in the world if we had the answer to that question.

I suppose that your main doubt is to know if conciousness still exists after dead.

Ignore heathens. Hopefully for your soul, paradise.

Something like might be possible metaphysically. It's impossible to know for certain, but personally I'd take the 'not existing, or feeling, or thinking' over a dream I might not be able to control, which could be nightmarish.

Being born is like waking up without ever going to sleep.

Dying is like going to sleep without ever waking up.

Depends on the answer. It could range from "no change" to "everyone kills themselves on the spot".

>soul
kek

Brilliantly succint way of putting it!

I have to pay up $10.

A kitty appears and tells you you're a fag.

And that's it really. You just sorta wait forever after that. Who knew how wrong all the other religions were?

Well normally I get into my furry costume, take off what's left of her clothes , unpack the lube from my kit and get stuck in... Then when I'm done I'll wipe her down with bleach and bury the body deep on this secluded track that I know of.

Repent to the lord Jesus Christ you're GOD.

>you're GOD
Worship me mortal.

I am GOD? Nice! I repent to my son. I'm sorry I condemned you to die a very tortorous death as repayment to the humans for my mistake in making them imperfect, even though I still punish them for it on the daily.

you'll wake up in darkness, then two people "angels"
come to you and ask you some questions like:
who is your God?
what is your religion?
who do you believe in?
if you say the right answers there will be heaven etc..
and if your answers were wrong the opposite.

i finally become happy?

Wrong!

They ask you ONE Question -

What is the Riddle of Steel?
And if you cannot answer it, Crom will laugh at you and throw you out of Valhalla.

Better bone up on your metallurgy, bitch.

that's only on your dreams, not when you'r dead

Everyone else gets to go on having fun without you.

Refuse to answer, because who are they to question me?

Baited me a twofer.

Maybe we can find like a way to be able to control it, like a lucid dream before hand. That way our mind can have knowledge that you have power to control it. Then again I don't know shit on the whole topic of being lucid as a whole I'm just spit balling.

this is something i can get behind m8

I only sleep for 4 hours a day, no time for dreams, user.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

they are angels of suffering from the REAL god

hail satan

So what?

Scientists working on human cadavers have from time to time observed genes that are active after death, according to University of Washington microbiology professor Peter Noble. For a 2017 study published in Open Biology, Noble and his colleagues tested mice and zebrafish and found not just a handful, but a combined total of 1,063 genes that remained active, in some cases for up to four days after the subject had died. Not only did their activity not dissipate—it spiked.

newsweek.com/where-do-you-go-when-you-die-increasing-signs-human-consciousness-after-death-800443

All of us at once, a collective and eternal consciousness awaits us after death. There is no ego and there is no self in this afterlife.

Same as what happened before your life. Everything will be just fine.

Your carcass decomposes and you cease to exist. Nothing happens after death. You just stop living and existing.

they could make you suffer forever.
and you should know the right answers so you can go to heaven.

I consider this a plausible scenario as well.

>newsweek.com/where-do-you-go-when-you-die-increasing-signs-human-consciousness-after-death-800443
What a clickbait title. Nowhere in that article does it show any signs of human consciousness after death.

You wake up in a different body. You'll have no recollection of your former life since your memories die with your previous body. Your brain creates consciousness and there is nothing beyond that physical reality.
New memories are made and life goes on.

>they could make you suffer forever.
Maybe they could, but I'm not going to bow down to bullies.
>and you should know the right answers so you can go to heaven.
Why would I want that?

your real life starts user

See OP

1. You wake up in a "different body."
2. and you have a different mind, since your memories are gone.

So, basically... you're just fucking dead. Is that what you mean?

Was that a long, needlessly drawn out way of writing, "you're just fucking dead?"

>Why would I want that?
maybe because you don't want to suffer forever???

The sky is the greatest God and your god lives under him

Any sort of eternal existence would be suffering. At least with hell you wouldn't have given in to some monster.

this

Same thing I think about when I see teleporters in scifi flicks. When you go through, do you get assembled and die and does a different person that looks like you reassemble and end up on the other side?

Beethoven's gone, but his music lives on
And Mozart don't go shopping no more
You'll never meet Liszt or Brahms again
And Elgar doesn't answer the door

Schubert and Chopin used to chuckle and laugh
Whilst composing a long symphony
But one hundred and fifty years later
There's very little of them left to see

The decomposing composers
There's nothing much anyone can do
You can still hear Beethoven
But Beethoven cannot hear you

I've seen many people die (and Animal's). I can tell you that there is a reason most Nurses and Doctors become semi/quasi religious after a while. You start to notice strange things that happen more and more frequently when somebody crosses the line and actually dies. It's a very mysterious, aw inspiring thing, watching something die. I'm almost certain that there is another plain of existence or maybe even another dimension between ours. I don't know for certain what happens, but I do have a feeling that there is most definitely something after we die.

Let's say god makes it so you don't have. Choice, he made your eagerness leave your mind and blurred your brain out a bit for you to give an answer, if you get it right you will be seen for the angels as righteous and if not you will be just as blank as normal, you go a waiting room where god will judge you and excuse you (if you where sorry) for your sins, 1- point for bad stuff 10+ for good stuff bcs good is Da Best, after the scale has chosen by your acts personality against everything and you get it.. you have been judged and will go heaven or hell, depending on how pure you are, you go to a higher sky where the heaven is better the higher you are and for hell, you stay there I geuss, if you related anything close of being god, you won't have the right to judgment and go directly to hell with the highest pain possible for your mind to take, I'm Muslim so that's where I got that info from, I may have gotten some wrong knowing my mind is vague and that I heard that from my religious teacher and never actually did read the whole Qur'an (feels bad man) so take my words lightly.

We go to hell. Excruciating pain and torment for eternity.

The Furry Existence!

Horror!

maybe he is really a monster, but he loves you.

Things eat you and you continue your existence as part of their bodies.

>> Be nice to things, one day you'll be them.

Is it really necessary to spend eternity suffering during eons for something that you have done in a limited life?

How tiring for the torturer

Who is god to judge me? I might not be able to stop it from doing whatever it's going to do, but going along with it seems wrong.

This

He's right.
All that twitching and self-shitting that happens at the moment of death. Very mysterious, that is.

I found Moroni and Xenu that one night I got so drunk I crapped myself. So, yeah.

whoa

>All that twitching and self-shitting that happens at the moment of death.

Rarely does this happen. Most death is what you would considered dignified and uneventful.

a long and deep dream

What happened before life? Nothing memorable. Just nothing. Not blackness, not anything, nothing.

you go back to the lobby and have the choice of respawning as a different species if you want

just imagined cthulu with tiny angel wings

Most of the death I've seen has been "in the box." Neither particularly dignified, nor uneventful.

Do you at least acquire additional skill points?

thats actually not true

Shut the fuck up Ackmed

Why the fuck do people choose to spawn as niggers then?

Well as it would surprise you life is actually a test, a test to see if you're mind is pure or not where you have the choice of doing something right or wrong it is seen as something that you can stop because it's something that is scripted with in the beginning of your life, god chose you to take the test just like everyone one else that is going to be human will.

Can't

You die. Everything stops. Everyone else moves on and talks mad shit about you now that you can't defend yourself.

Please tell us you're trolling, or that you're five years old.
Please. There's surplus food and oxygen on the line here.

I didn't agree to take any test.

Your relatives squabble over what little belongings you have. Then that little asshole nephew logs onto your computer to look at your browsing history. Next he looks for nudes in your files (he's not fooled by the folder named "Taxes 2017"). Lastly, he uses an undelete app to find the CP you saved then destroyed.

He shows your other idiot nephew who can't keep his fucking mouth closed. You are now a disgrace to the family.

But, on a good note, you're dead, so you can't give a shit.

I think the brain has a data dump as it shuts down. Lift repeated, sounds, smells, all firing off. You feel euphoric and think, awesome death is great, I like this. But then give it another minute and everything shuts down completely after having processed all that information. And then there's black, forever.
Kinda like...
> driving to work one morning, thinking about what you'll have for lunch
> get t boned at intersection by a truck
> hear car and bones crunch
> still concious, body is 12 different types of fucked up but no pain yet, youre in shock
> Now things start to hurt, realise sitting in warm goo, cough up blood, see bone sticking out of arm.
> aware people trying to get you out and talking to you
> their voices trail off and things start going black
> feel jolt when heart stops
> darkness gives way to light, warmth, good feelings
> visuals of when you were a kid, playing at school, running round your backyard, eating ice cream, going on a road trip
> Then high school, kissing a girl, being in a fight
> Literally entire life replaying
> Then in a field, your 1st doggo there to see you. Off in distance see shapes, its family and friends who have already passed
> Concious thought you can either 'join them' and start a whole new experience on a celestial plain or 'go back'
> Decide going back would be good, but will be vegetable or massive painful recovery, nah it's all good, God, whoever, I wanna stay here thx
> Woot woot I'm dead but it's awesome this place is so nice!
> Go to join family
> walking over you get heavy cant move like being in molasses
> Colours out of whack
> Annoying buzzing noise
> Doggo has disappeared
> Things start whirring around
> Lots of noise, nothing seems right
> Goes black, then scene returns, goes black again
> Huh? What gives? This isnt cool, I want to get to my family
> Everything goes black again
> Brain now completely starved of oxygen
> No more brain activity
> The end, nothing ever happens to you again in any realm

I keked

brilliant. i almost forgot about that python gem

You're gonna tell me that there's a reason for you to be here, right now as this like who you are? I wouldn't say replacing the idea as a test would make you think that it's the most practical thing but, I'm Muslim and as such, i want and must be faithful to god and nothing else.

I've seen the body excrete blood and leftover bile/excrement after something like cancer or aids or an extremely traumatic event such as a car accident. But even then, most death is uneventful and dignified imo unless you died with a jar of pickles up your ass sobbing uncontrollably because of your degenerate behavior. I'd consider that pretty undignified.

You're doing the test right now dense-lord

You're going to tell me that I haven't experienced people dying and not "twitch and shit all over themselves."?

Everything goes black but then when you think you will fade to nothing you wake up seeing Sup Forums and you are cursed to shitpost for the rest of your afterlife

So by that theory, do tons of boring shit so the flash of life before your eyes takes forever, live forever in your own mind.

Thanks, since all i've done is browse Sup Forums, imma go jump in traffic now. Since im 25 and i've never done anything interesting, should be forever in my own head rebrowsing old b.

Seems legit, bye yall

this post gave me cancer

I'm living my life. I do not consent to being "graded" by any sort of god.

Don't you love it when people who claim to know the unknowable just spew their opinions as if they are facts.

nothing

Hey, quit talking about me, asshole.

Honestly? If that were the case death wouldn't be so scary, dude you're shit posting in the after life holy fuck.

you get 72 virgins that's three holes x 72 equals 216 holes Allah Akbar

then you will fail. and you will spend eternity in torment and agony forever and ever. your body will scorch and be ripped to shreds only to have the process start over once it completes. It is pain and misery beyond what is possible here on earth. You can never leave, and you can never die, only suffer.

Incredibly, that's what I've always thought about the afterlife, believe it or not. Good example there!

Nigga you're 25. Do you really believe you've done anything possible with life? Are you that autistic? Bruh: wash your face, cut your hair, eat healthy, do a sport and socialize; it's the only way.