Hi Sup Forumsros, I don't post here very often, but today I need it so bad...

Hi Sup Forumsros, I don't post here very often, but today I need it so bad. I have a friend that I think is getting too much used to smoke weed and I'm getting so worried about.

I've talked to her about it this afternoon, but she has been so apathic, like she doesn't cared and like if I disturbed her in some way talking to her of that.

I don't know what the fuck I have to do now, I'm so afraid of her and it would be so hard if her habit degenerates into an addiction, because she's smart and a good person, and I don't want to lose her.

I hope you can help me, I need some examples of people in the situation of my friend, I need to know what would you do and.

Thank you very much.

nah you just a little bitch

Just let her live, she doesn't bother you with stopping one of your hobbies does she? It's her choice and you have to respect that.

smoke with her pussy
sex on weed is good

hey heres my story abute weed addiction

i statdet smoking before high school then during my first year of highschool i got a part time job and made lots of money hitch reolted in me smoking even more in my 2nd yer i was basicly smoking every day but i keept going to scholl got my degree got a new job its know 5 years later still smokig every day. i also find it iriteting when peopel complain on me 4 smoking i still do all the shit u do whitut any problems its not heroin dude

If she's smart like you describe she'll eventually realise that using weed a lot hinders work or study performance.

i had a pretty bad habit of smoking every night, eventually it didn't satisfy me as much anymore and i was constantly hazed out during normal workdays. I realized i had a problem and tapered off.
I only use on the weekends now.

Best advice i can give you is to talk to her about it, bring it in a context of "i care about you and im worried" and DON'T push that she needs to quit. She has to realize it herself.

While you're judging your friend for her choices...
I'd suggest that you offer an ear.
Claming someone will fall into addiction is not good, both attraction wise, and her putting up walls to not have to hear the negativity associated with your claims.

As long as she recognise's the potential for habitual use. Ie- movies are better with a hit, oh going out lemme grab my pipe... etc.
People claim it's not addicting, physically depentant, whatever, but HUMANS are creatures of habit and can easily fall into cycles of addiction- especially with an almost certain 'family history' of it.

Trips of truth

People might also do drugs so they can escape their problems so if she has any other problems you should try fixing those instead of telling her to stop smoking weed. it's barely any different from gaming for 4 hours straight when you're stressed about something or just had an argument you want to forget about.

>cannabis
>addiction

"Cannabis addicts" are laughable, but you know, if people can get addicted to the internet or vidya, maybe there's some people just wired weird.

Still, cannabis is one of the most benign intoxicants out there for adults. Even then, unless you use it therapeutically (i.e. regularly for medicinal reasons), it should be kept in moderation, like all things.

The pros of using it in moderation with occasional tolerance breaks is you have a better high, takes less pot to get nice and stoned, and saves a bit of dosh.

If she's under 25, then there's research that suggests she probably shouldn't over-indulge.

Either way, it's her choice, so don't be a nancy about it. We already have the state playing nanny, no one needs your help there.

Trips of truth have spoken. /thread

Missing some semi colons but whatever.

Smoking for 8 years here, been through all the stages myself, with friends, etc.
It's all comes down to personal experiences.
Just this last year a couple friends asked me to stop.
I did for a week or 2 and realised some of the things I had been 'escaping' from.
I thought it was mainly the pain/migranes, but those were just symptoms of greater deeper issues, which I'm still working on, with the help of herb, vs covering it up.

I hope she does like you did, I talked to her this afternoon the way you have said, but I have no response, for now.
I feel like shit

Yeah, that´s what I´ve done, telling her that I´m worried about the non motivated use of weed that she has been doing the last few months.
Thanks for advice

tell him hey bro
weed addiction makes you dumb and a loser
why do you wanna be both?

Fpbp

OP is a bitchboy

Smoked for decades while I pursued my career as a corporate art director. Didn't seem to slow m down at all. Now, TOBACCO is a fucked up lousy experience and a bad habit, as it distilled alcohol. And you want to know something that you REALLY want to avoid? SUGAR. Sugar causes diabetes, feeds cancer and makes you stupid.

I’d just like to say fuck you to anyone who lives in an area where it’s legalised, because jealousy, and fuck you, that’s why...

>who lives in an area where it’s legalised,
Come on over. Legal to grow six plants, too. I am no longer an outlaw!

It doesn't show you down, most college students smoke. Op smokes trash or is just a cunt.

Slow*

I've been smoking and growing before it was legal. Man up.

I care about my people, that´s all

>non motivated
Cause nothing is going on inside a stoner's head?
Bitch people think I'm retarded before I start talking, then can't keep up with anything cause they've never taken the time to think more about something than a headline, preconceived notion, poorly rooted opinion etc.

As for motivation in general, and I can say this being an addict of this hellhole, who are you to call her unmotivated as you waste time on a chink image board?

Ah well, you did the right thing buddy!
Just make sure she understands you did it out of compassion for her and not to nag her.

Also, as other people stated, give her an ear. someone to talk to.

I started my habit as an escape because i had some heavy shit going on. I eventually talked to a mental health worker, which really helped me quit and get my shit straight.

"I like controlling others around me with my neurotic beliefs, that's all."

Omg guys I think my friends drinking too much coffee what do I do?!??!

Smoke weed everyday.

Forgot my image on an immage board

Yeah, I would have asked her if she has any problems now, but I thought it was enough for today. Thank you guy, I really appreciate it

Show her nudes you fuckin asshole

Ban Starbucks ofc

Are you talking shit? I’m Chinaese and don’t give a fuck about anything

No problem dude :)

I smoked consecutively (daily) for 3-5 years since the age of 15.
It would’ve been perfect if it were legal because I got fucked by the trickery of legal highs, I believe you Americans call it spice? Shits fucked. Imagine that every day for 2 years. Can’t believe I did that..
My advice to young people would be to treat smoking marijuana like you would Speed, LSD & Cocaine, but give it a little more leniency because it can’t kill you and has done a lot of good for a lot of people as well... there’s a fine line between abuse and moderation that young people will not or can not understand..
It works differently for everyone, but it’s up to each individual to ask themself, why am I smoking this right now, every time..
Idk mate..
Maybe I’m just too high right now. Lol

Did the same thing with opioids and alcohol. Feels good to be in control

She can only have a sesh if she looks like this.

Nice guys reddit-tier beta club

Smoking weed isn’t bad if she’s not bothering anybody but it’s a problem if it’s money consuming. Weed is 10$ a gram so if she has the money leave her alone

Lucky for you brother, not as lucky yet here in Australia, it’s only legalised for medicinal purposes, and the whole process is strict. I think maybe one of our six huge states allows us to have 1 plant at home, under a certain size, and it’s the shittiest state in our country apparently..
Our government will grow and export weed for money, because we have good land or whatever, cunts.

You have no right to the subject matter, you resorted to smoking SPICE for 2 years instead of growing your own. That stuff is just about as bad for you as meth. What's wrong with you? Lol

Weed makes you horny. Complaining about a girl smoking makes you gay.

Didn’t I just explain that I was 15 and fucked by the system?

Wasn’t I just advocating to the metaphorical kids who are reading this to be careful, you’re not immune, you’re a human like the rest of us, and drugs will fuck you up if abused?
Also my comment was a reply to some cunt that said to man up and just smoke weed
Obviously didn’t know I’m from Australia...

is this pasta or are you retarded?
is this satire? am i retarded?

What I fear the most is that she aquires a habit (what I think is happening), not the mere fact of consuming it sporadicaly

I started smoking weed in grade 11 with a new friend group. We didn't really do any dumb shit, kept up our grades, etc.

Kept smoking more and more and by the time I hit uni, I realized I can't just coast through school like I did high school.

Had a lot of anxiety, which made me thing I had to smoke to get rid of it, but really it was the weed feeding my anxiety.

Eventually broke up with my GF of 5 years, weed contributed to it a bit. Dropped out of uni because I didn't have any interest in keeping my grades up or trying at all. I became a little bitch; depressed, anxious all the time, didn't want to do anything without smoking weed.

At some point me and one of my good friends who always smoked realized it was fucked up to smoke all day every day. Having someone to quit with helped. It wasn't a physical addiction, but my mind was really fucked because of everything.

Got a job doing finish carpentry, got good at it, swapped to harder construction. Basically forced me to have a regular schedule, worked with chill people, got to create things and see the product of my labour instantly. I still smoke occasionally, because in moderation and with the right setting, it's not a problem. I got really into nature, hiking, rock climbing, and other physical activities.

One of my other friends whom I started smoking with is still going strong, every day all day. Works for his dad's company, so coasting through without a worry.

I've been slowly cutting the friend off who smokes a lot, as it's tiring now to go on a multi-day trip into the backcountry and have to stop and wait for him to smoke his poppers (not the gay drug, tobacco + weed in a bong) every 30 mins.

I really don't want to cut this guy out of my life, as having a friend with me really helped me realize that I had to smoke less. Not sure what to do at this point, he thinks weed is completely harmless.

Do as myself and don´t pay attention to them, it works better this way. Never is good to encourage people to do things that harm them

You cool, man?

My bad, that came out long as fuck.

TL;DR: I used to smoke a lot with a friend group, one of them helped me quit. 10 years later, a good friend is still smoking all day every day. What should I do?

I would just talk to him the way an user has said above, but your friend´s is a hard case imo

Ohhkay

I mean, I've tried to talk to him compassionately. I told him about all my problems when I quit, hoping he'd try to better himself too.

He's stayed the same person for the last 8 years. I feel shit cutting off a good friend like that, but is it wrong to just outright 'attack' him and say that I don't wanna chill with him if he's gonna be stopping to hit a bong every hour?

His close friend group are a bunch of classic stoners, but I feel like I'll regret it if I just leave him in the dust.

Triggered.

i feel u brotha

Nobody gives a fuck OP. Why don't you mind your own fucking business.

Weed did nothing wrong!

That´s exactly what is happening to me right now, not because of weed, this is because of other behaviours she is having, I will not tell them here instead of Sup Forums being anonymous, sorry.

You are doing what you can, just analyze pros and cons of having him as a friend.

In my case I don´t want to cut contact with her, but I also don´t want to stay quiet while she goes to waste, if she does, I´ll cut contact with her, of course

OP faggy like no other

Who the fuck brings a dirty ass tobacco bong on a hike?
It's called a pipe or multiple prerolls fucking weirdo.

I don´t care boy

>I´ll cut contact with her, of course
You are a horrible "friend".
Stop treating her like an expendable junkie.

See that's the thing, poppers (mainstream term is tobacco bong I guess) have combined the weed and tobacco into a new monster.

I guess the idea is you use minimal weed and get a good head rush. It's fucking grimy and makes him have to hit 1-3 every hour, and before anything.

Man wakes up in the middle of the gorgeous Canadian backcountry without a soul in the world around and instantly rips a few bongs while we are grabbing the food bag, setting up our stoves and boiling water for oatmeal.

Water boils, hits another before eating. We close our tents down, pack up to get on the move while man hits more, so we end up waiting like another hour before he's ready to go. It's tiring as fuck.

Australians don't smoke weed, they smoke poop sticks.

You can smoke weed til the day you die and be more than fine, not spice, you chump.

Coffee is a drug, tobacco is a drug, meth is a drug, pot is a drug. None of them are the same.

you have understand nothing

Every time you see someone complaining about their past smoking weed, it's always because they got too scared trying it and ran away like a pussy, they smoked garbage, or they got ripped off hard.

Always the same stories.

dude if i was this chick i'd want this clown to do me a favor and cut off all contact with me, he sounds like an annoying weirdo. i'd just find normal people who don't care or people who'll smoke with me and not be a bitch about it.

Weed addiction? Its breeze to stop if you have something else valuable in your life. I stoped around 5 times in my life whenever something worth being sober for it appeard (interesting work, relationship etc..). And after life eventualy went to shit again, I started again. Nowdays, I have shit tons of work for next 2 months (around 80hours a week). I bake daily nowdays, but I know I will stop in instant when this fucking work contract ends a I got a chance for social life at least.. It is much better way to get through shitty days then alcohol.

Poppers/snappers would be the 1 hit bong hits
A bong used for tobacco is called a water pipe.
A bong used for both at the same time is beyond degenerate.
I've only heard of them refered to as "50s" half weed half tobacco, and yes for that tobacco head rush nuggers get from blunts.
The extra lung expansion from the weed smoke also allows the tobacco to be more uptaken?
And since he's got to combat coming down off thc and nicotine, it's a re-up the rest of the day.
If he's got to have his tobacco fix [the main culprit in his constant smoking] roll some spliffs (weed + tobacco).
I can see that going as half b4 breakfast, half after, and the 2nd joint on the trail.
Plenty of friends addicted to tobacco and you're describing that mentality more than a wake and bake.

>Plenty of friends addicted to tobacco and you're describing that mentality more than a wake and bake.

Yep, that sounds about right to me.

>I've only heard of them refered to as "50s" half weed half tobacco

What we call poppers are when you unscrew the V-bowl on those cheap metal shafts you stick in waterbottles, rip a piece of a cigarette and pack it in the shaft, then press a small amount of weed on top. You then "roast" it and when the cig burns enough, you inhale fast and it all "pops" through instantly and you inhale all the smoke.

I've never really seen it talked about outside of my province. It's definitely the epitome of weed degeneracy.

Plus he smokes cigs. He did roll splifs for a while, but that was in addition to the poppers... I don't really have any experience quitting smoking tobacco, but from what my friends told me... Until you decide to on your own for a meaningful reason, nothing people tell you is going to help and might even hurt.

Anyways, thanks for the response. I'll try my best lol.

try minding your own fucking business. that'll do the trick

I'm the fuck who's been smoking for 8 years and still in this thread somehow.
I deal with this habitual/addiction/etc battle/debate in my own conciousness many times over with multiple results depending on intent and substance.
I've dealt with it since a kiddo taking unnecessary prescriptions "twice a day, every day, for the rest of my life"
I have also lived with friends in, and personally experienced all the stages of addiction to many substances both legal, illigal, accepted and taboo, but haven't we all?

Ditching a friend over (what you view as) substance abuse does nothing for either one of you.
If you aren't trying to learn and progress in your Life, then why are they apart of it?
Or better yet, why are you apart of theirs?

I do. I'll see this man every month or so, and at parties still. Man hits me up asking for help with this and that, and I'll help him no prob.. Asks me to chill, recently snowshoeing and I was kinda wishy washy cuz I didn't wanna outright say "no, I don't want to die because I have to wait for you to hit a popper in the middle of -30C where we have no cell service."

Feel free to call me a bitch because I wont outright say that, but I don't think it'd be conducive to his state. Man isn't happy with his life, but pretends he is. I know this because he's opened up about it on a shrooms trip we had a couple years back.

I love smoking pot

Holy fuck, I've heard of smoking joint roaches like that, but holy fuck chunks of cigs ew.
People I knew mixed 50s with swisher or backwoods guts =s
My stomach churns at the color of the smoke, the blackish brown water, the putrid disgusted looks on their faces as they hacked and passed thst poor stained glass around, the only thing matching in colors, the 'white' walls.
So fucking degenerate my tweeter friend looked down on them with disgust.

at lest its weed not meth, weed can be habit forming, the only worry I would have is the police long as she's street smart with it she should be fine

>Man isn't happy with his life, but pretends he is.

You just described the majority of humanity, better unfriend em all for hiding behind addictions to their facebooks, tvs, imagiggers, coffee, gossip, vanity...

Same here in Maine.

>feelsgoodman.jpeg

>You just described the majority of humanity, better unfriend em all for hiding behind addictions to their facebooks, tvs, imagiggers, coffee, gossip, vanity...

Nah but if you can't be real with a friend of 10+ years, there's a problem. We're all pretty open around each other with everything, but man just pulls out his dick and starts measuring any chance he gets.

just vape to quit ciggies it's easy

australia has some pretty good weed. had better weed in aus than in amsterdam

She's probably fucking niggers, I'm sorry user

Yeah well 15 year olds shouldn’t be smoking bongs let alone spice, how the fuck was I supposed to know cunt.
Its only been 5 years dickhead and I guaranteeeee you I’ve amounted to more than you ever have or will - chump.

Oh yeah fuck oath mate good shit down here, just unfortunately not regulated and decriminalised

He tried that, didn't quit cigs but vapes in addition to it. Got into rebuildable drippers and decent mods too, still smokes poppers.

I actually started vaping nic but never smoked. Some pure stupidity I suppose, but I can go without it easy. I see it as the same as having a coffee. It's partly the reason why I can't understand tobacco addiction.

What!? Haven't you heard about the endocanabanoids connecting the body and the soul? The reason you don't know about this is because capitalism is evil and supresses the man because of their ego. They don't have their shakarakas aligned, man.

yeah i've had some pretty bad weed in aus too

if you take too much nicotine too regularly and for too long then you really start to feel like shit real bad big time without any nicotine. that's all it is really