Why is their stuff so fucking expensive?

Why is their stuff so fucking expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-player-multiregion-hacks.126/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's what the faux k i n o demographic will pay

they exist to milk shekels out of retards who can pirate for some reason

That is why you always buy at at least 50% off, fair price for true kino with good extras

I like owning physical media and the covers are a e s t h e t i c

What is their stuff?

Like what is it? Special special editions? what?

>that The Anvil Hoarder (1930) limited release a few years back

heard it goes for quite a bit these days.

>plastic rectangles on ikea shelves looks good

ayy

Usually they spend a lot of time and effort to restore classic movies. Used to be the gold standard for hd restorations.

But never buy full price. They usually have a few sales over the year, and they're launching a streaming service.

what did you mean by this?

>streaming
>hd

So they are pretty much canceling out their restorations and hard work for better quality by pumping out some low bit rate trash in an attempt to cater to millenial netflix users?

>basically the same movie but in Blu ray but with a slightly more cooler case
Why do plebs waste their money when they can just get it cheaper by just getting a regular Blu Ray or DVD Copy?

just wait until their 50% off sale you broke bitch

Their restorations look really good. But never buy them unless they are 50% off or on a site like ebay.

This

Just get Hulu you retard

Isn't most of their catalog already available via Hulu?

Medium bitrate x265 is the same (psychovisually) as high bitrate x264/AVC so possibly not. Will it be x265? Who knows?

I'd totally sign up if they let me download things in 4k and or with a proper bitrate, but somehow I think that's not going to be the case

In some cases, The Criterion version is the only domestic release the movie has available. Don't think there are vanilla alternatives with the most obscure shit they licensed.

Why the fuck would I subscribe to a streaming service when I can just pirate the movies? I like owning physical copies.

I just bought Salò but I cant watch it because is region A fuck criterion

this

because theyre a business that wants to make money, and their target audience apparently has no problem paying the prices they charge.

Quick post the best criterion covers

>three giant criteron logos on the cover

>super high-quality direct-from-the-negative blu rays
>restorations of movies that never got a proper release or are important to film history or just get sold the rights to
>extra features in 30 dollar packages that put 60 dollar "limited collector's cockgobler editions" to shame
>cool boxart

Because tasteless idiots like to show off their special cases to other tasteless idiots.

For your satanic trips you get this:-

avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-player-multiregion-hacks.126/

Have a look for your player in here.

>tfw my universities library had a public account to download any of their movies at any time from their site

Yeah but the majority of streaming services have dogshit audio.

They are overpriced. But they are worth it for the extras. Pirate plebs obviously don't care about cinema beyond logging films on their social media platforms like letterpleb.

The have to restore all that shit. It's just going to be expensive.

Most of these movies are only available in this quality from Criterion. Sometimes they'll put out a Wes Anderson, or Linklater film that's already been released, but that's mostly just to subsidize the less popular movies they restore and release.

Well, if they could bring down the size of the video stream (with no quality loss) they could improve the audio as AAC audio is fine (psychoacoustically transparent) at high bitrates of 220/48khz or above.

Restoring movies isn't just putting an instagram filter over the original print you know.

It costs actual money.

The "Blu-ray Special Edition" thing is a sticker on the wrapper. You take it off as soon as you buy it.

Inland Empire when?

Hopefully never, considering it's objectively the worst movie ever made.

It's literally the best film of last decade and the greatest pleb filter of all time

Liar.

>Not just buying empty DVD cases for a dime a dozen, putting the pirated media on discs, and then loading up a shelf with them fitted with any box art you can print

That is the gayest cover I have ever seen.

>buying empty DVD cases a diamond dozen
pleb detected

Inland Empire wasn't released in the past decade.

When will they start releasing Zack Snyder films in the Criterion collection?

Doesn't "last decade" mean the decade that was before this? My native language isn't english

>a 4K restoration
>of something filmed on 1080p consumer cameras

pretentious hipster bullshit

Criterion does Fast Furious movies?

Dropped.

>I'm afraid of anything that challenges me intellectually

>and here's my no-pussy collection

Spotted pleb.

At least they released ONE kino in their life-time.

to be honest those videodrome walls are pretty creepy