The Office

Is it worth it to watch The Office? I usually like to watch a short funny tv show while eating and have finished all episodes of Seinfeld and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I'm sorta on the fence about The Office, because I've met some really retarded people that like it

Watch scrubs

Yes, watch it. It's in my top three tv comedys of all time, with Arrested Development and South Park

Its definitely my top show to watch while eating

Its a hit or miss show but its great when its great, for me its the perfect background show for that exact reason. I also think Michael and Dwight are the best 1-2 punch a sitcom has ever had. Watch it up to season 7 then finish the last 2 if you care about the other and new characters enough

Im the exact same way, what is it about the show that makes it so comfy to eat while watching?

It has one of the funniest episodes of any show ever I would say yes watch it.

I probably watched it all the way through 3 times all while eating during college. Very comfy. Hit or miss jokes, but some of it is absolutely GOAT.

It's perfect for what you're looking for. And if you're able, just bail when you lose interest. All the best stuff is in the first three-four seasons.

If you're American you'll probably choke on your food from laughing.

If you're from anywhere else you'll think it's the most unfunny thing you've ever seen.

yes
the only 2 sitcoms I have actually rewatched are Seinfeld and the Office

Yeah but only watch the 7 seasons.

Its a great show up to when michael leaves. Drop it after that

I'll be the contrarian and say the show was equally dead in season 7, Michael's last, as it was after he left. If anything Michael leaving freed the show to stop beating the lonely manchild stuff to death and try new things. Not that the new stuff was anything great, but I enjoyed 8 a lot more on rewatch than I remembered

>Americans are the only ones with a sense of humor

this checks out. I think the only country that comes close to having a sense of humor besides America are the brits. Reason being that what they call comedy is so bad, unfunny, cringeworthy, bizzarre, that sometimes i'm sure it must be a prank. Like an inside joke among the brits, where they see if they can trick the world into believing that's what they find funny. They even managed to trick a few hipster douchebags from the states into pretending they think it's funny. In fact, just for that, brit's confirmed for sense of humor, that's fucking hilarious. Bunch of faggy hipsters all sitting around pretending to laugh at the most unfunny shit ever made, that's a master troll.

Stop watching when Michael leaves. End of S7 iirc

Wow, I didn't expect anyone to even reply to me, let alone go above and beyond the call of autism. Thank you user.

which episode?

I began watching it starting with the second season like a week ago on Sup Forums's advice and I can't say I'm impressed. It has funny moments but it's also full of lame relationship bating.

my bad brit-user. i won't try and blow your cover again promise

Watch it and follow Jena twitter

Scott's Tots

Watch Community instead

I didnt think i would like it.
My Wife convinced me to watch it, and you will probably like it.

I'm also a fan of Seinfeld, Its always sunny.
The office is in my top, way higher then its always sunny.

>implying you even have the cultural and lingual knowledge about other countries to understand jokes

But confirm this.

I have never laughed at anything as much as these two episodes.

gee i wonder what site you're from

this is legit the best episode of the series

the Office is funny and doesn't try to inject stupid, tasteless pop-culture quips to appease the normal sitcom crowd. And if there are some they're just throw-away lines that come about organically.

7/10. Comfy. The theme song is very comfy and make me feel emotional sometimes.

I often watch it while Correcting The Record over on Reddit. It's a fun and progressive show.

It's good, I liked it a lot when I watched it but that was four years ago so I don't know what I'd think of it now

I recently watched Trailer Park Boys up to season 7 and I'd recommend that too, perfect for eating drinking and smoking

>Snip, snap! Snip, snap! Snip, snap! I did! You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person!

I really liked it when it aired. But now that I'm working Jim just comes off as an asshole and once Pam's looks fade by the 4th season she just becomes annoying because shes such a failure

Agreed perfect eating show. Its because there's always background jokes or quick comments you miss. I've watched the entire show probably 12 times and still notice new jokes
You don't have to focus on the show too much so you can mow down on the chow

They're both self involved and terrible people. Dwight and Mike are the ones that grow.

THAT ONE NIGHT ONE NIGHT

>the Office is funny

Found the redditor

Why did the writers decide to make Pam such a failure?

I'm surprised someone with such a refined taste such as yourself would even deign to post in a thread about comedy, my serious scholarly friend

Are you American?

No I'm from the USA. African American to be specific

Stop watching when Michael leaves.
Then skip to last episode if still interestedl
1st season is a skip
2nd season is goat
3rd season is comfiest
4th i dont remember
5th is only worth watch once
6th isnt that memorable
7th i think that this one brings and end to michael's character as he finally matures a bit. Not a good season overall.

My nigga

Garbage opinion is garbage

Well that sure made me change my mind, the entire series is garbage, thank u user now i can live a happy life.

yes. very high rewatch value.
and also: frasier.