Would you like to live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere for a few years like in the documentary Alone In The...

Would you like to live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere for a few years like in the documentary Alone In The Wilderness?
What would you bring and how would you find the spot to build the cabin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss&list=PLHhsu-Vn6jZpBMVJ5Wncizf0wrCw1C0-V
youtube.com/watch?v=qmStVIOB7wA
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=iYJKd0rkKss
youtube.com/watch?v=CEhYKl2sB8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd bring a bunch of people and constantly have house partys in the cabin.

Would you let bears in?

Bring a bunch of hard drives with movies/tv series on them as well as all sorts of useful pdf files.

I don't know if that would be good for me. I get bored even just on a slow weekend. and that means that I get down about things and start drinking.

I'd bring a carpenter, doctor, butcher and a farmer with me.

I'd rather be like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. I'd only need some basic tools like a machete, ax, knife and maybe some containers. I'd don't think I'd fuck a volleyball if I had one.

You'd do your own dental work? I would hike to the nearest town with a dentist or an hero.

If it truly is alone, assuming my cabin has bed, kitchen, etc..

I'd bring kabar knife, hatchet, maul, whatever I would need to plant a grape tree, wine yeast, sugar, books, a firestarter, and some other misc things.

As far as where I would go, I'd try to go somewhere more mountainous, but keep low in the valley but far away from a runoff that I wouldn't be fucked if it flooded.

What about forest fires?

Knock down trees within falling distance of the cabin.

Id bring a pocket pussy or a woman.

Bring a shit load of solar cells and batterys.

lmao i watched this in class before, this dude like went out into the Alaskan wilderness and lived alone for years 10/10

Id be too scared to go on my own. That guy had balls.

Id get there with a 4x4 with trailer full of supplies.

Bring 8 people. Create an intranet between all our cabins and have COD lan partys.

PBS used to run the doc on this guy. Pretty interesting

youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss&list=PLHhsu-Vn6jZpBMVJ5Wncizf0wrCw1C0-V

Yeah hes cool. That would be a fun experience fending for yourself for years.

Bring a dog for something to talk to.

I would bring a mirror so I could gaze upon my own loveliness

Would you take me?

I would fucking love to. I grew up in a rural, remote place (600 people in the entire community and biggest place around). Fishing/hunting as a kid, driving snowmobile, outdoors stuff. I’ve since moved to the city for the past 7-8 years going to university/medical school and I frigging miss cabin life.

I will require a dr in my cabin commune. Would you come with me?

make a natural hot tub.

fuck yeah. I probably wouldnt go so far to hand craft a cabin from the land. I would use modern materials and construction techniques for an easy, sturdy, energy efficient home. A neat idea would be to have an 8x20 unit packed with all the essentials delivered. Have the container delivered in spring, use one of those pop up tent garages to store the contents of the container. Use the container as your home for the next several months while you build your own home. I would bring a chainsaw mill to produce a lot of the lumber needed. Although bulky, an ATV would likely come in handy as a general workhorse to haul wood, hunting, fishing, trapping etc etc. generator, lots and lots of fuel. A few select power tools, lots of spare parts for anything needed and always have a manual tool backup for each powertool/piece of equipment needed.

ooh. also a lot of weed seeds for growing my own medicine and probably a few ounces of shatter/wax concentrates to use while my plants are growing/ in between growing seasons.

Try one of these.
youtube.com/watch?v=qmStVIOB7wA

meh, these dont seem like they would be properly insulated/energy efficient. Nor does it look like you could store anything inside while transporting to the land site. You really dont need that much space either. I could live very comfortably in a 10x20 building

I was thinking something more along the lines of one of those half dome aircraft hangar type buildings.

Yeah I thought it looked a bit thin to have adequate insulation. Most areas where people have cabins gets extremely cold in the winter.

I'd get one as a summer home and for storage in the winter.

My family owns a small cabin on a lake not far from where we live. Its awesome to stay there in the summer but yeah could never imagine myself living there for a year. The fishing and hunting is off the charts though.

I have perfect teeth. If I take care of them I don't need a dentist.

How would you take care of them in the wilderness? Do you know how much toothpaste you would need to bring?

checked.

He did all his own camera work, too.

Really? Explain 7:06 then.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=iYJKd0rkKss

Fucking lol.....

Millennial these day thinking they could ever survive in the wilderness. You candy asses were all raised by women who though they could do it all with out a man....no you dont even have masculine skills to even wipe your own ass.

99% of you can't even change a tire, let alone drive.

Just stay in you mom's basement, that about as rough as you can handle.

>assuming everyone online is a Millennial
I was born in 79. Did 5 years in army cadets as a teen. Joined the army after high school. I know how to survive in the wilderness.

Well, obviously your dumb ass had to join the army and not go to college since you cant read.

Post was toward Millennials, not GenXers

But how do you know there is even one millennial in here?

No you don't, you just assume you do.

kek

lol army cadets.
So did you march around and light green plastic soldiers on fire?

50% of the time marching and class studies.
50% in the bush learning survival skills and doing war games.

I would bring thousands of rolls of toilet paper.

Yes I would

youtube.com/watch?v=CEhYKl2sB8U

Alone in the wilderness man would tear bark off a tree to wipe his own ass.

Like Bill Brasky from SNL?

I would have a bear saddle built. Then I would train a grizzly.

get