Were they ever good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b_Pyj9PPyW4
youtube.com/watch?v=HDjKC_DjsWo
youtube.com/watch?v=muFtXyTZKKY
youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this album was good and so was leviathan

their first 4 albums were great, but the hunter kinda sucked. Once more round the sun was pretty good though, even though emperor of sand was extremely average

They never sucked user

their last 2 albums have sucked. they need to stop layering the vocals so much they're incomprehensible and writing buttrock choruses and shitty groove metal riffs

there is no such thing as "good" atmosludge

>mastodong
>atmosludge
you've never actually listened to them have you?

They were never bad. They're the most fun metal band that's currently active.

Retard

I heard they are pretty shit live

Saw them live this summer, they are fucking amazing. The vocals were weak up till some years ago, but they were tight this tour.

they topped on Blood Mountain (excuse the pun)
Mountain was surrounded by 8/10 albums (excuse the pun)
and that's it

The vocals are what seem to be consistently off live from what I've heard, though I commend Brent for powering through Download Fest 2007 with a throat infection.

youtube.com/watch?v=b_Pyj9PPyW4

Pop band with pop production playing "metal". Some riffs and sections are okay but then comes the fucking corporate pop ensemble vocals and radio-rock guitar/drum production. Really nauseating. May as well listen to Max Martin tracks. Same sound.

what the fuck are you on about

He's probably only listened to Show Yourself

it's pretty clear what he meant, are all mastodon fanboys this retarded

Exactly what I said. This band is the Backstreet Boys of metal and their music is safe corporate sounding pop with zero actual aggression. Go to 1:29 in this track for example: youtube.com/watch?v=HDjKC_DjsWo

Track is nice until then. At 1:29 it may as well be Britney Spears' Toxic. Really awful pop sound in writing and production.

Perhaps you shouldn't judge a band's entire discography on a new sound that has been popularly labelled as bad by their fans.

Worst band I have ever seen live. Horrible.

That's just the thing I remembered from the last time I tried to check out this band. I had the same impression of everything else I've heard though. Do you have recs of better stuff from their catalog? What's considered best?

>backstreet boys
haha get fucked

seriously though, mastodon is not (just) metal, its something weirdly intertwined and its trippy as fuck, if you dont like it, fuck off i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=muFtXyTZKKY

Much different

That's a much better track but holy shit that is an awful mix.

>trippy as fuck
you need to be over 18 to post on this board, junkie

Shitty puns

I googled mastodon and this is what came up

youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8

a shitty song that sounds like it was made for some shitty PS2 EA sports game and there are also trashy black thots twerking

so I would say no, no they were never good.

Congrats, you're retarded. See

Leviathan is one of the greatest metal albums ever. The rest is mostly okay, some stuff is bad, some is good.

no