Sup Forums, can we all fucking agree that people should have to go through some sort of process to, you know...

Sup Forums, can we all fucking agree that people should have to go through some sort of process to, you know, make sure they're not gonna shoot up a school when they get their gun? Maybe see if they're mentally insane? Already committed a murder? Anything at all?

I don't think that's a politically charged view, I think it's an agreed upon idea that most of us don't want more mass shootings.

>I think it's an agreed upon idea that most of us don't want more mass shootings.
Wrong. I only want mass shootings in places people I love don't live. Like in Florida.

Because people are fucking stupid and I make money every time there's a tragedy.

Psychopaths and sociopaths are hard to detect because aside from a lack of empathy, there's nothing wrong with them. Also, mental health isn't a static condition. It changes over time and a person who was sane when they procured a gun can become insane, nullifying any testing or checks done at purchase. I don't give a fuck about mass shootings, since they're statistically insignificant.

Guns aren’t to blame, liberals are to blame

Just make it mandatory for everyone to openly carry a firearm, and I think a lot of our problems would be solved.

This
And dubs

Aside from a psych eval they already do that. Can't fail a criminal background check if you have yet to commit a crime

We've got 20,000 gun laws on the books already,

Please recommend a new magical law that prevents the guy from shooting up a school but doesn't negatively impact the 79,999,999 legal, law-abiding gun owners in the United States of America.

Dubs don't lie

Everybody singles out firearms as a cause and not just a means. You realize you can produce dynamite if you have a pool supply and drug store in your town, fertilizer bombs do nice job and are p cheap and available. And if you banned weapons you still haven't eliminated the technology. Imagine if someone tried to ban the combustion engine and even succeded in destroying every existing gas engine, if you think I cant make a two stroke engine to pump water, run a generator, etc. then you're a fool. Much the same if you think I can't make a simple fixed firing, open bolt submachine gun.

Most mentally ill people are harmless, in fact statistically they are more likely to be the victims of violence then the perpetrators. Also if they want to be really scrupulous about it 95% of people have traits that fit the criteria to be diagnosed with mental health issues.

I'm not saying they are a cause, I'm saying that people who are going to open fire on a school shouldn't have the means to do so like its a walk in the park

you're right, they should resort to timed bombs like the boston marathon bombers, instead. That way they don't need to be in the area anymore and we can invade people's homes looking for them, again.
idiot

Give everyone a loaded gun. You’re not going to have a lot of shootings if they know every motherfucker within earshot will draw down on them

I think it's more of a mandatory mental exam. Background checks, screenings, and preventions are in place to ensure that people are examined to ensure the wrong people don't get guns. People who commit felonies are also not allowed to own firearms. Don't get me wrong, the mass shootings are still a problem, and there are issues here and there with the system, but at the same time, you also need to stop blaming the tool. Automobile accidents cause more deaths than guns do, yet no one wants to blame the car when this happens. I agree that certain guns should require a sort of process, but I don't think that's going to be enough, or will even help anything.

>lack of empathy
>nothing wrong with them
yeah aside from that they're swell guys

>mental health isn't static
ill concede on this, cuz ur right. But the ppl who are already mentally ill still shouldn't be allowed to carry firearms

>mass shootings statistically insignificant
they're still there, its not like they don't exist

as long as they just shoot up red states I say let 'em go nuts

thanks for pulling out of your sister long enough to chime in

Yeah OP will give you this one. I'm a libtard by views but im always open to both sides. Both extremes tho are fucking idiots

Weak bait. Everybody knows felons and the mentally ill can't pass a background check.

The only people who think the mentally ill should have access to guns are the "muh trannies in da miltury" fuckwits, the rest of us agreed long ago and passed measures to prevent that.

America has more guns than people, no law will change that. People will find new and innovative ways to kill other people, hence the peace trucks in Europe. Did you have to pass a background check to keep your tiny dick? Since you could use it for rape and all.

Nope, learned a long time ago that I'll never negotiate or compromise with gun grabbers... never going to happen.

You want to campaign for more gun control legislation?
Fine.... go for it, I PROMISE you, myself and millions of others will fight you all the way

>yeah aside from that they're swell guys
Yup.
>But the ppl who are already mentally ill still shouldn't be allowed to carry firearms
It's all fun and games until they classify dissent as a mental illness.
>they're still there, its not like they don't exist
If they'll never happen to you, their existence is basically null.

This is the process. Most shooters don't use their own guns.

Well kinda. Being a libtard I agree the system is fucked up, and i dont think we need to get rid of everyones handgun. Thats fucking retarded. It's not a question of getting rid of the tool, but rather finding a way to make sure that certain people that shouldn't be carrying a gun can't get one

fucking solved

Totally.

The thing I don't get is why people on IG didn't notice something up. The dude shows off his guns, shows pictures of him killing toads, acting edgy, and even looking up what "Allahu ackbar" means. And somehow, no one batted an eye?

Americas gun laws are shows they are like a third world country... They use excuses like "we create freedom" but faggots in America isnt the same as the ones that travel over seas... #AmerifagsAreIdiots

How about if they post on Sup Forums and talk about being a "hero"? How adopt tracking th I.P. of anyone egging them on and charging them as an accompliss?

Ok so I actually dont know how to refute this point, so props user. But mostly cuz its the most retarded argument ive ever fucking heard. So bombs will be the new guns when the guns are gone? If bombs aren't more effective and cheaper at mass murder, then why the fuck aren't they prioritized? Oh yeah, cuz guns!

This site is for native English speakers, you subhuman animal.

>implying people can't just MAKE guns
>implying that tighter restrictions don't serve only to drive a huge black market
>implying the two "solutions" you gave aren't current policy
>implying guns are even the problem

What even.
The solution is unironically to mandate carry in a lotto system. Your name comes up, you have to have a concealed firearm on you at all times excepting government buildings. Poof. Problem solved.

Okay, so add background checks to getting, chemical fertilizer, all glass objects (shrapnel),all metal pipes and fittings, all chemical sources of nitrate, actually all metal entirely bc you can sharpen any metal, no compressed air because you can achieve ballistic velocities with proper connections, no more garden variety castor plants (very common in california source of potent toxin). Also better add a background check for dogs bc some maniac could train them to attack children and set them loose in the school. Also let's background check anyone picking up sticks over two ft in length and rocks bigger than a golf ball (wouldn't want anyone getting brained). Oh, and firearms

Guess you are an American? Only Americans bitch about how "good" guns are.

I am very pro 2nd amendment but I don't think a decent beackround check system is a bad idea. It allows responsible citizens to easily purcahse the guns of their choosing at the same time keeping guns out of the hands of phycos

cuz the society we live in is like nah fam that's just what everyone else does. Idk the whole thing has got me fucked up cuz I have close friends that go to the school. Heard one of them walked out covered in blood and screaming.

Well, since ONLY Americans actually belong here...

Hippa mother fucker

You are only taking it to levels of stupidity. He isn´t saying "take away everything" stop being so butthurt

that would be nice, but theres no fucking way to do something like that, especially if the board expires

Yeah, wouldn't it be really cool if a gun dealer could query the FBI before a sale and run a federal background check on the buyer? Oh wait, that's what already happens, and it doesn't stop shooters. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

HAHAHA, from the world richest country to the world´s country with the most loan... You guys are idiots

/thread

oh (((they))) are hard at work pushing their agendas again i see

wow its like the point flew right past you. Thats not at all what im saying. Im saying it will deter it, not get rid of it completely. Its a way to make progress

Nah, we cool.

>arguing with trips because he doesn't belong and is jealous
Watch, you'll reply again because I'm 100% right.

They're fucking banned from schools. If a ban doesn't stop criminals, nothing will except for armed victims.

>HAHAHA
The calling card of the triggered.

>statistically they are more likely to be the victims of violence then the perpetrators
You mean like, y'know, literally everybody?

And still you have managed to miss the point you myopic shitstain. The point is not "hurr durr everyone will switch to bombs" the point is that firearms and by extension legislation affecting them has very little to do with why and how egregious acts of violence are carried out. As such adding more authoritarian hurdles to legal firearms ownership is at best going to do nothing, at worst disarm the public. It's all well and good to say that people with a criminal record shouldn't be able to have a firearm, but remember the asinine garbage the state will charge anyone with to generate revenue. The child molester that shot at his victims parents, sure deprive him of that right, but him and the guy with a public indecency for pissing in a back alley while drunk are both "sex offenders" so where do you draw the line

>Yup.
suit yourself
>classify dissent as mental illnes
isnt dissent protected under the first amendment or am I just a fucking retard? Hey maybe both
>If they'll never happen to you, their existence is basically null.
haha fucking idiot assumed i was out of school. GOTCHA THERE BITCH

Haha, wtf, if rich people argue like this then kill me

You seem illiterate.

Guessing this dude is Norwegian with Canada gun laws and money up his ass

or maybe....you know.....not letting kids in school get a gun? Trying fucking anything? I dont think that arming everybodys gonna make all the problems go away

>isnt dissent protected under the first amendment or am I just a fucking retard?
Mark my words. The medicalization of dissenting behavior will be how they start disarming the public.
>haha fucking idiot assumed i was out of school
I was speaking generally of mass shootings. You'll never amount to anything in life at this rate, so just stop pretending you're on my level.

But where do you stop the deterrence, in all seriousness point to the line in that post where you think background checks should no longer be involved.

No OP, there is no definitive way to prove someone won't. Even if they wouldn't at the time, there is no guarantee they won't in the future. There is no test you can take, or law you can pass that will stop them. Most of the people that commit these crimes have no past criminal history. All you can do is arm up yourself, stop being a coward, and fight back against people that would do you harm. You are the only person responsible for your personal safety, libs that wish to limit my ability to defend myself can kill themselves, I will not have my fate determined by cowards who don't have the balls to fight their own battles. Fuck off with this propaganda.

This kid got bullyed at school, so fuck the ones who died, he is a hero.

fair points user, ill say you obviously know what ur talking about, unlike me i guess. But obviously we're doing something wrong here cuz there are quite a few mass murders that have happened recently. We gotta draw a line somewhere and then adjust it if it isnt where it should be. There just has to be a line you know
Also i am the most myopic of shitstains

Britbong reporting in:

Massive restrictions on guns doesn't make people less violent. We don't have many shootings over here true but we get more than our fair share of stabbings, acid attacks, and 18 wheelers of peace

alright i guess i jumped the gun, libtard and all. But I think that its definitely a way to deter violence. All im saying is we're obviously doing something wrong, and we gotta find some way to fix it. I'm not informed enough to be a prophet of truth, but im trying to help ya know

Who is arming everybody? Is the government handing out guns to every citizen? Apparently you don't understand how anything works.

Hey, fuckwit, there's already a background check with any purchase from a licensed dealer.

How do you not know this?
Oh. You're a fucking lefist commie. You listen to what the news tries to convince people is true.

>can we all agree
>being retarded enough to actually think all people could agree on anything
>being 12

>cheaper
Not currently. He referred to the price hikes of a black market following a hypothetical gun ban. (If it were somehow possible) Cheaper by comparison in that scenario.

The problem is that would involve a digital registry of gun owners, just ae a by-product of the process. If you need the reason that's been declared unconstitutional (and laws passed specifically to prevent it) then I can't help you.

>implying everything posted on Sup Forums since like '05 isn't backed up somewhere. Every post made here is skimmed for keywords and catalogued.

The things that need to be done are deliberately not being done by the people who should be, as it would be more effective against the crimes these very same people want to use as examples of why we need to ban an inanimate object.

>bushmaster ar-15 no questions asked
sorry bucko, but at a gun show you're gonna spend at least 2 grand on something like that.

(((Progress)))

Oh? So my ability to interpret statistics (correctly) makes me illiterate now?
Know how I know you're a leftist?

The claim you made was asinine. It's like arguing for open borders with "people in islamic countries are more likely to be the target of jihad than to commit jihad"

No shit fucktard.

>live in city in free state near border with chicago
>every fudd assumes you are trying to bypass illinois law
>jacks up the prices at gun shows to ungodly levels

>You mean like, y'know, literally everybody?
isn't a valid response to
>statistically they [mentally ill people] are more likely to be the victims of violence then the perpetrators
I said you're probably illiterate because the reply you formulated didn't address the sentence to which you replied.

Also, not everyone who replies to you is the person you were talking to. Learn how my site works or stop posting.

>All im saying is we're obviously doing something wrong

The United States has a shockingly low rate of gun-related homicide & the nation's overall intentional homicide rate is well below the world average, not only beating out other nations with far more strict gun laws such as Brazil and Mexico insofar as low murder rates are concerned, but doing so in spades. All that with one of the highest proliferations of guns per capita and some of the most permissive gun and ammo possession laws in the entire collective of 1st World nations.

We're clearly doing something in-fucking-credibly right. We could perhaps stand to do it even more-right, but we should not forget to celebrate our victories in the process and in so doing sacrifice what good we have in a mad fit of emotion and sensationalism, which could very well result in more people dying not less.

Homicide used to only be legal in self-defense, now abortion clinics are everywhere. People are guaranteed the fundamental human right to life, that doesn't stop PP.

You seem to think your rights mean anything. Following WW2 habeus corpus was suspended. Let people fuck your shit up and watch as they do it.

>Maybe see if they're mentally insane?
this institutions compromised combined with the fact criminals dont follow laws, better to be armed and educated, let the disposition of the remnants settle as they may

It worked for Finland. Ever hear of a Finnish mass shooting? Yet shootings happen regularly in gun-free zones in the US and in authoritarian European countries where fucking butter knives require id for purchase.

Really activates the almonds.

Which is exactly what (((they))) want you to think.

You may actually be retarded. Any given person is far more likely to be a victim of a crime than to commit one. Know what a career criminal is? Well they're common.

You made a meaningless statement, I pointed out that it is meaningless. Retard.

god please murder yourself

I know your pain. I was in Indiana for work a while back and went to pick up a revolver one payday. They have a fucking law, can't sell without id proving Indiana residency because of Chicongo being so close.

Fucking nogs fuck things up for everybody. Wound up buying a rifle because the law only covered handguns and the shop owner gave it to me half off after we ranted about dumbfuck shitlib policies for a while.

Point is, fuck laws that punish human beings on the whims of and because of the actions of subhumans.

>Any given person is far more likely to be a victim of a crime than to commit one.
We're talking about violence, not crime overall. It's far more likely for the victim/perpetrator ratio to be 1:1 than for it to be otherwise. Try responding to what people actually say instead of changing the subject half way though, doublenigger.

With what gun, user? In your dystopia, how would one efficiently suicide themself? Test your idea out on yourself then run it by me, cuck.

The actual numbers call bullshit. The "actual" rate is closer to 30 to 1. Violent crime isn't a "you can only do it once and everybody tries it" deal.

The FBI tracks this shit. You're online right now. There's no excuse for dumbass statements like the ones you're making.

I somehow doubt you're capable of reading statistics when you're forced into this level of damage control over failing to read something properly.

Nope. Take your shit and shove it. Liberty is protected by an armed civilian populace. Death or slavery are the only other options. I'll take Liberty or death.

>changing the subject half way though
You mean like how you started with "group X is more likely to be a victim than a perp" and shifted to "in most individual cases, there is one perp and one victim"?

You goalpost shifted and your new goalpost was easily debunked bullshit. At least your first claim was only retarded because it was obvious and impertinent. You might actually be retarded.

Tell yourself whatever your ego requires, brainlet. Your dumbfuck posts are still here for anybody to see.

You really are illiterate. I'm not the person you were arguing with. Your intellectual insecurity is palpable.

lemme guess, bullied much?

Faggot

OP... They already do background checks, if you got your news somewhere other than BuzzFeed or CNN you may know that. Better yet, go try and buy a gun and see the process for yourself. Everyone you described legally can't have a gun to begin with. Try to learn the facts and then kys.

anti-depressants, especially SSRIs do not work on patients under the age of 20. This has been shown. So lazy parents beg their physicians to prescribe them whenever their kid acts like a kid.

Add guns and watch the fun. This "crisis" is about lazy parents and the doctors that enable them.

I live in Ohio and can drive exactly three miles and buy a gun at the local swap meet by simply filling out a form. No wait, no checks, no nothing.

You need to keep up with current affairs.

im not going to discredit our nation's progress. Im proud to be an american, but i think at some point we have to grapple with the fact that mass shootings dont happen in any other 1st world country in the world

What we need is more guns at the school.

Well thats what ive been watching for the past few years. Mass shooting after mass shooting, enough is enough. there has to be some right way to go about this, right? Like is there a bipartisan way to say, hey, lets not do that so we don't lose more ppl?

Oh come on man, that's Finland. You can't do that, Finland is the shit. Besides, I don't got no almonds, like most of the ppl in this country