Rate the cake I just baked Sup Forums

Rate the cake I just baked Sup Forums

5/10
good points for the layers and sprinkes, massive deductions for making a listerine cake when its not dental awareness month

Hmm thanks user

but seriously why is it blue

I added a small amount of blue food coloring to two of the layers, I thought it'd make a cute touch. It doesn't change the flavor at all though

oh okay
i thought maybe you were trying to make an epic thread and actually made a listerine cake

Oh fuck im sorry :( no its just my boring cake

checked
also nice cake. I would rate it higher but I got fat from eating my mom's birthday cake this past week. best i can do is 8/10!!

pretty nice, user
what flavour is it?

Hell yeah thanks!

It's vanilla confetti

5/10 in what I'm going to guess is flavor and 3/10 for presentation.

The looks to be not too moist or too dry. Which works neither for or against it and I'm guessing you used vanilla extract for flavoring and produced a rather vanilla textbook cake. For the presentation you just used a knife and smeared butter cream or some shit all over it. I'd opt on a recipe that's less basic to give it some complexity. Nothing crazy but I'll give input for what it is.

To make it go better:

1. Cut the layers of your cake flat so they stack cleanly. Some cake will go to waste but it'll really bring up the presentation.
2. Put whipped cream -hand made- between the layers (look this up if you don't know how and fuck any other topping for a standard non chocolate cake). Stack em up.
3. Then do the outside with a proper decorator you donkey. Million designs but take care to flatten it out properly to ensure a smooth job. Long knives work well here rather than standard tools.
4. What the fuck... sprinkles up top. So you put crunchy shit on what is supposed to be a soft and light dessert. Get the fuck out of the kitchen. No. Drizzles are fine, flavored jelly or fruit pieces between layers or on top is fine. Sprinkles are for children.

Hmm I appreciate your criticism but I admit that it made me tear up a little, user. I have always wanted to make a cake with whipped cream so I will give that a shot next time, I promise. The cake is actually really moist by the way. And I understand what you're saying about the sprinkles, it was a bit childish. I'll do better next time, user.

Honestly, I'm just criticizing it very harshly to go on a Ramsay tier rant. It's not bad. Most people would make something like that. When I cook I'm about presentation big time since that tends to set the mood but it's probably decent. Plus if you bake a lot you can make lots of cool shit. My thing is pies.

aren't confetti cakes supposed to have sprinkles anyway?

Wow thats awesome. I like pie. What kind of pies do like baking the most?

Wild berry, blueberry and banana cream or coconut cream. Any of those.

I'll do a garden on one rare occasion but want to do a Shepherd's pie. Problem is that lamb is hard to come by for me right now without going out of my way.

My mom makes a really good shepherds pie. I didn't know that lamb was supposed to go inside, my mom just uses ground beef. How do you feel about lemon meringue pie?

I truly hate cakes with all that extra shit on them. If I wanted to eat candy I'd eat candy. A little decoration is ok... but damn..

If it's ground beef then it's a garden pie.

I'm not a huge fan of it personally but it's not terrible. I love key lime if it's not too sweet.

Cakes on the other hand... as long as they're decent I'm not too picky at all. We all have a favorite I guess.

Is art tho.

ive been working on learning how to make bread right

i would just end up fucking the cake and ruining it