Dad Rock of 2040

what will be essential dad-rock core of the future?

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vVOUrPyNfh8
youtube.com/watch?v=1LjyOGxJlmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't even imagine a band like RHCP to be dad-core... too surreal. Time fades away so quickly.

It won't be dad-rock it'll be dad-rap or dad-edm unfortunately

good answer
bad answer

this really puts into perspective the fact that mac was never cool to begin with

These are mom jam bands in 2040.

foo fighters

in all honesty, this is probably the one true answer

>get my television fix

>implying dad rock bands are bad
They're just the bands that held mainstream popularity for the longest period of time. Just accessible music of your dad's generation

>implying momrock is bad

Just think about it

Not mom jam bands though. You're looking for pic related

Fuck, meant to respond to you

>sittin' on my crucifix

Dadrock is eternal. It will never be properly replaced.

I'm willing to wager, though, that none of the people who enjoy shitty soundcloud rap or radio hip-hop in general will be listening to that when they're 60.

That would be momrock

i couple of my friends are married with kids and i have been in the car with korn playing

>tfw korn is 2020's dadrock

also i fucking hate korn

I mean, it has a few guitar solos.

Anyone who listens to Korn past 14...I truly feel sorry for them.

How

Good point. Dadrock has to be really, really bland normalfag music like Bob Seger. RHCP are too "out there" for that shit.

strokes & arctic monkeys

Radiohead will be considered "dadrock" in the same way that a band like Pink Floyd is today.

Not normie enough.

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THESE FAGS ALL OVER THE BOARD!

>radiohead not normie

this

Nobody listens to them past 14 though.

Future dadrock would be the Creed/Staind/Nickelback/Matchbox 20 kind of bands.

>RHCP
>too "out there"
Your dad's música was too out there too, doesn't mean shit, we be listening space beats and nigger astronauts by 2030

My dad mostly listened to classical music when he was a kid though.

what user said

Already is

Came out 26 years ago bud

"Dad Rock" won't be a thing because:

1.) Rock has not been a strong cultural force since the 90s.

2.) Rampant consumer society and the superficiality of human interaction brought upon by social media has made it so that cultural nostalgia will not be a thing for Millennial and Gen Z like it was for Boomers and Xers.

Then why are there millions of sub-70 IQ idiots posting on Facebook about mmmuh 90s cartwoons and mmmuuh 90s video gaymes.

Because the 90s was two decades ago...?

dude, grunge and '90s alt-rock are dad-rock already

Imo rhcp is almost dad-core already, just a decade and it will be essentially dad core

My dad sure as fuck never listened to grunge.

IDK, I don't really hear a lot of nostalgia for Alice in Chains the way you do a band like AC/DC.

why do rap fags act like rap is going to be young forever?
rap will be 70 years old by then

HAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHHAA GO OUTSIDE

>Ok_kid.jpeg

This is the only correct answer

Country is way older than rock even and it's not going anywhere any time soon.

Rap isn't going anywhere any time soon because of economics--it's not only cheap to produce but you can output the stuff in higher quantities than instrumental music.

Rap isn't a genre of music, it's just a vocal technique, so it has the ability to latch onto any new genre

This guy is 54 years old, dumbass. They're already dadrock.

rap fags are scared of being old

I hear RHCP, Green Day, Foo Fighters and 3 Doors Down on dadrock radio already.

Most normies do not actively listen to Radiohead, and they usually think anything after the bends is ""weird"". They're not a normie band. I'm so sick of seeing contrarian assholes call Radiohead normie because they are afraid of liking something popular

Most normies don't actively listen to anything, they just hear what's on the radio. The fact that I hear any Radiohead songs on the radio (creep and karma police mainly) shows they're pretty popular.

Dude...Foo Fighters and 3 Doors Down were dadrock from their inception.

Ahh, beat me to it

If you're parents were 15 when they had your ass maybe

ITT: People who don't understand what dadrock is

Protip--It's just not any older music. It has a very specific meaning and that would be bland radio rock that middle aged men listen to while washing their car like Bob Seger, Pablo Cruise, John Mellencamp, etc.

so what happen in the future when you are a dad and you force your kids to listen to bland radio rap and you realize you are old and not cool anymore

I dunno what allergy meds this guy is on but he needs to cut the dosage.

What about all the dumb aging mulletheads who listen to shitty 70s teen buttrock like Styx and Kansas? I had a coworker who'd play Styx on repeat over and over and over not because he liked the music but because he was a loser who peaked in high school and preferred to be reminded of that time instead of being a pathetic wage slave.

That would fall into the same general category as John Mellencamp because it was very bland, shitty music for normalfags. Your favorite 80s punk band isn't dadrock because normalfags don't listen to that stuff and classic rock radio generally only plays the Foreigner kinds of bands.

My cousin avoided all his high school reunions because he knew they were almost certainly going to play awful mid-80s pop/hair metal shit and he had no desire to hear Material Girl or We're Not Gonna Take It.

Well, yeah. You think they were going to play Venom or Sepultura at a fucking high school reunion?

We have the biggest mom and dadrock scene ever here.

All the ex-Yugoslav bands. Ugh, you can't escape them.

All the young leftists listen to them and all the older people remember their youth through it and how it was "better" back then.

youtube.com/watch?v=vVOUrPyNfh8

youtube.com/watch?v=1LjyOGxJlmU

Azra are fucking great you faggot

Sum 41
Creed
P.O.D.
Blink 182
Green Day

Foo Fighters.

Animal Collective

Spotted the 17 year old.

My parents' ages have nothing to do with Higher Ground and Under the Bridge playing on classic rock radio

Their first album came out in 1984. They had their first big hit in 1989. They're already dadrock.

pls no

Pearl Jam will be the U2 of the future

by 2030 this will already be solified dadrock desu

Just pick top-40 rock from 2000-2010. I heard early 90's stuff on the "oldie's" station in my area last year

You mean like Pink Floyd? Even though their music is relatively "weird" compared to other dadrock, it's still dadrock. Radiohead will have a similar status in the future, in which they're widely respected as artists but still immensely popular.

Sad to say that after 20 years Radiohead wil certantly be. At least OKC and The Bends

Yeah. The Killers, as well.

RHCP are too relevant to millennials to be dadrock now. When they turn 70...

>Azra
>great
izaberi jedno novopederu

>Californiacation - Red Hot CHili Peppers
> The Middle - Jimmy Eat WOrld
> Buddy Holly - Weezer
> Basket Case - Green Day
> Gives You Hell - All American Rejects
> Creep - Radiohead

Bob seiger is the man you trips faggot numale.

Lol my dad is 56 and his favorite band is RHCP. They've been dad-rock for 20 years. You know they were a band in the 80s, right?
This unfortunately

>música
>portuguese spotted

mom-rap

Franz Ferdinand

This inspires the question, does dadrock require aging, or is a band dadrock from conception?

it won't even be music, it will be some other bullshit

dad-facebook, mom-twitter, or something

DadChan

Probably already is now, DESU.

Do you anons seriously not know that the term dad-rock was coined by a P4K review to make fun of Wilco's post-YHF output?