Is this objectively the best movie ever made?

Is this objectively the best movie ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film#Terminology_used
youtube.com/watch?v=kMsp05iSk7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, but its very very good.

I would agree that it is the best "movie" ever made, but it is just a "movie." Not quite a film and certainly not kino.

it has 100% RT so it must be

>a movie
>not kino

Explain yourself.

The only Fincher film that will be remembered

>Jesse Eisenberg

Nope.

Kill yourself.

Zodiac is better t b h

It is in my top 5 together with Whiplash and Expendables 2

So is Zuckerburg actually an asshole, or does he have terrible communication skills?

It's good but those fucking Sokinisms keep it away from a perfect 10.

“A movie is made for an audience and a film is made for both the audience and the filmmakers. I think that The Game is a movie and I think Fight Club‘s a film. I think that Fight Club is more than the sum of its parts, whereas Panic Room is the sum of its parts. I didn’t look at Panic Room and think: Wow, this is gonna set the world on fire. These are footnote movies, guilty pleasure movies. Thrillers. Woman-trapped-in-a-house movies. They’re not particularly important.” - David Fincher

"My film is not a movie. My film is not about Vietnam. It is Vietnam. It's what it was really like. It was crazy. We were in the jungle, there were too many of us, we had access to too much money, too much equipment, and little by little we went insane." — Francis Ford Coppola

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film#Terminology_used
>By contrast, in the US "movie" is the predominant form. Although the words "film" and "movie" are sometimes used interchangeably, "film" is more often used when considering artistic, theoretical, or technical aspects, as studies in a university class and "movies" more often refers to entertainment or commercial aspects, as where to go for fun on a date. For example, a book titled "How to Read a Film" would be about the aesthetics or theory of film, while "Lets Go to the Movies" would be about the history of entertaining movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=kMsp05iSk7s

movies are about economics.
cinema is about esthetics.
film is about politics.
-"How To Read A Film" by James Monaco

Also the separation is recognized in these texts
Bresson's Notes on the Cinematographer
Tarkovsky's Sculpting in Time
Delleuze's Cinema I&II

it's a piece of shit

no, Boogie Nights is

He is an asshole, even worse than the films depicts him to be. There's email evidence where he explicitly states he was trying to deceive his business partner and con him out of his stake in the company.

Do you have a source for the image itself? Because I think it's bullshit.

I literally don't remember a single thing from this movie.

It's fake. Someone put in a lot of effort to make it look real, though.

not even the second best fincher tbqh

the real answer is harakiri

Not even in the top 3 Fincher's.

t. (((critics)))

"they 'trust me', dumb fucks"
-mark zuckerberg

Yes. To imply otherwise would be to question the absolute authority that is Rotten Tomaymays.

it's awesome but it's not even in fincher's top 3

NO user PLEASE DON'T