WHAT THE FUCK were they thinking? This is literally better than 90% of The Smiths records

WHAT THE FUCK were they thinking? This is literally better than 90% of The Smiths records.

Strangeways = Vauxhall > Everything else

>The Shits
>good

>How dare pitchfork assign this arbitrary numerical number to an album I like! It should at least be a slightly higher arbitrary number!
Nobody gives a shit

It's objectively a 10/10. Masterfully produced.

>objectively
opinion discarded
shit thread and shit taste

Okay. Why does Pitchfork's score matter so much to you?

No. It's a great album.

Because its fake news trying to dissuade people from hearing about Morrissey's patriotic right wing views

user, I can promise you that no one gives a fuck about anything you just said.

i FUCKING HATE the production on that album, all the instruments sound muffled and underwater, and the songs and lyrics are not on par with the smiths a-sides. it sounds like a collection of smiths b-sides at best. Your Arsenal and the Bona Drag collection are the only 2 "albums" that are good or as nearly as good as the smiths output.

>Now My Heart is Full
>Billy Budd
>The More You Ignore Me
>Speedway
>Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
All masterpieces

>Now My Heart is Full

cringe lyrics - Just some rain-coated lovers' puny brothers/oh bunny i loved you. corny/overly sentimental chorus melody

>Billy Budd

the only good think about this one is the sample at the end

>The More You Ignore Me

annoying as fuck bluesrock/buttrock riff throughout entire song bland melody

>Speedway

this is actually the best song on the album, but the muffled production is probably the heaviest here, so it robs the song of its power. the live versions are much better.

>Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself

another strong one, but it sounds like a smiths b-side

I think you're expecting more Smiths and that means you're going to have a bad time.

>I think you're expecting more Smiths and that means you're going to have a bad time.

I'm expecting that he writes good songs, not smiths songs.

Viva Hate and Bona Drag were great albums of Moz's version of shiny, musically simplistic top 40 80s-90s pop.

Your Arsenal and the singles/b-sides around that time were terrific rockabilly/glam rock.

Neither of those things sounds anything like the smiths.

Vauxhall was actively trying to recapture that sound albeit folkier, its in Johnny's book, that Moz contacted him around that time to try to work with him again, and steve lilywhite produced and/or mixed some smiths songs, ask and shakesphere's sister. his blurry/muffled style is on those songs as well.

calm down user, it's good but it's not that good

>better than 3/4 albums
>90%

One of my favourite albums of all time. I have never heard better production on any other album ever.

>This is literally better than 90% of The Smiths records.
It literally isn't and the absence of Johnny Marr is why, faggot.

Vauxhall is a masterpiece and all who disagree needs to be kicked in the eye

The fact that you think Strangeways is their best album goes to show that you are a true pleb.

You mean that it GOES TO SHOW HOW LITTLE YOU KNOOOOW

This is the best non-Smiths album

You're clearly the pleb in this situation- Strangeways is generally the better album. Their others have too much filler.