Is this worth $9.99 a month?

Is this worth $9.99 a month?

Other urls found in this thread:

spotify.com/us/student/?utm_source=us-en_brand_student_text&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_campaign=2017q3_us_us_premiumbusiness_hulu&gclid=CLmhnKKQmNcCFcydfgodwMYGWg&gclsrc=ds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why wouldn't it be?

Lol you can get Spotify for free really easily.

idk i just play it with ads I really dont care. they are fun to make fun of anyway

how?

No, they literally just stock normie chart music while strangling smaller artists who don't have enough material (read: who aren't profitable enough) to be on them or other streamers

I can't remember how because it was a really long time ago, but I got rid of them. Probably adblock with some kind of custom script. Just google it.
To me ads wasn't the worst thing, it's that you couldn't pick songs or listen to albums in the right song order.

Btw I would pay for a good service, but spotify is absolute trash. They lack tons of essential albums and it is littered with unofficial compilations and duplicate albums.

What's the best alternative?

There is none, that's why I'm still using it.

Will you only be listening on your phone with Bluetooth speakers and headphones?

For the amount of music I can get when its under my phone plan its good value for money. Sound quality is good.

But unless all you listen to is pop/radio music their playlists, which they seem to rely heavily on, offer you nothing. They get as much music as they possibly can, some things they can't get due to licensing like JAYZ doing his tidal bs and King Crimson and Prince are so heavily anti-streaming. What annoys me more is when a certain track is missing from an album (Maria I'm Drunk), at least this can be somewhat fixed if you get the file yourself and sync it.

I'm feeling a strong 6 to a light 7

tran-

I've got my PC hooked up to some nice bookshelf speakers

prince is dead nigga, his family has sold him out

batdance is on spotify

Oh shit did that happen straight after his death?

Tracks missing from an album is my trigger tbhqwy, happened the first time with GodWeenSatan to me

From memory.. pretty much, I gave it like a week or two then did a search, and yeah as expected it was up.

Absolutely not

>10,000 song library limit
>when you add an entire album to your library it counts as an extra song so it's really less than 10,000
>lesser audio quality and larger file sizes than Apple
>your personal uploads are confined to a separate playlist
>playlists shilling for refugees and LGBT

Only good thing is the color scheme

Is adblock not working? It used to work fine for me but since I pay now, I can't easily check what I could still get for free unless I create a whole new account.

On mobile, just download beta APK

-sition

i forgot to mention the names of certain albums/songs is really annoying especially when it comes to last.fm scrobbling, i've got a fuck ton of - 2002 Remastered Version tracks scrobbled which can be a pain for some.

I'm not sure if it's country specific or to do with certain artists.

Oh ok, I just checked and his feature on the Janelle Monae album still isn't available for me, but I'm not even sure if thats the reason it was unavailable

Yes it could be better.. but quality is find if you're not an autistic cringe lord.
I have a decent mid range setup and there's not a huge difference between cd and the compressed tracks.

Weekly is ok if you train it, Release radar is ok for keeping track of new releases if you're not into reading up about music daily and tracking individual artists.

>your personal uploads are confined to a separate playlist

what?.. you can put any track in any playlist

>playlists shilling for refugees and LGBT

the offical spotify playlists are garbage just like on apple music

>t. Thumb Yorkie

I pay 10 dollars a month for access to almost any album I want. How is that not a fucking incredible deal? Before services like Spotify it was either torrenting or buying every album I wanted. I'm not a fan of this model. Sure I could try to find someone with a physical copy so I don't have to pay, but that's a whole can of worms. I don't want to pay for every album if I'm not sure I'll like it, but I am willing to pay a bit more than 100 bucks a year for access to whatever I want
>10000 song library limit
Why are you trying to use Spotify as your media player? That's your problem. I just use it as an inexpensive way to test new music out before downloading

I really like the daily mixes. It's not always mind blowing content, but I have discovered some really good new artists from them and for a generated playlist, it actually does a good job of keeping the content very similar to what I listen to

Because the albums you want are for plebs.

I thought summer was over

I've never found any luck with the playlists, they always end up recommending the same stuff, my taste isn't exactly obscure I just wish it varied somewhat

probably need to vary your taste in genre then

Nah their playlists don't really seem to vary after they've been set. Just every once in a while when you've listened to enough similar albums, it'll generate a playlist for you. It's not something I listen to all the time, but it's nice to hear some cherry picked songs if I just want something on while a smoke or whatever
Stop commenting fag

stop being a bitter cuck

Wanna know how I knew both comments were (you)?

See
Don't think he's trying to troll, your taste is probably limited to specific genres if you're getting the same stuff. I've run a few experiments on throwaway spotify accounts to test its machine learning capabilities and it fails hard if you keep listening to the same shit.

not the same person moron so stop trying to pretend your some autistic moderator

Sure ;)

Name an essential missing album

Not really. I didn't listen to a ton of albums last month but I probably checked out 25-30 new albums of varying genres. Can't help that their playlists don't update once they're set

Heads up for any college students in the thread, you can get Spotify and Hulu together for $5 a month, right here: spotify.com/us/student/?utm_source=us-en_brand_student_text&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_campaign=2017q3_us_us_premiumbusiness_hulu&gclid=CLmhnKKQmNcCFcydfgodwMYGWg&gclsrc=ds

I like being able to try lotsa different music without pirating it or enduring ads on YouTube, so this was a good deal for me. Unfortunately, the Hulu part still has ads with it, but what are ya gonna do

SEETHING

Yes I want to know how you came to that conclusion.

>me

premium has a higher bitrate.
still, mp3s are for plebs

All King Crimson albums, Faust I, Twin Infinitives, Irrlicht

Detective dignus here is probably working on the fact that both posts having a lack of capital letters at the start of the comment, but he's wrong.

Eminem - Infinite
Juelz Santana - From Me To U

Just two that pissed me off

I can pay 2$/month and still can't find reasons to

no more like both posts were made by people who're implying MUH CLASSICS aren't on Spotify. Sorry it doesn't have every album ever created in its library, you'll have to go listen to your faggy proto-math prog on youtube like the other 12 fans of your favorite band

I have a 32gb sd card with just music

again not the same person... i simply said he should vary his listening habits if he's complaining about getting the same music in automated playlists

The Chronic is missing as well feelsbadman

use EZBlocker you autists

fair

Oh also, if you have playlists that you've made you can right click on the playlist and have another playlist of similar content and the same number of songs generated automatically. Again, not perfect, but not bad.

absolutely

>>>OINK.ME.UK

I pay for it, I like it. If one album doesn't exist, I torrent it and sync it up to the rest of my playlist. It's not that hard, guys, cmon.

this.
I'm thinking of canceling my sub after being with it for years. I'm pretty tired of finding god tier lil artists that take their stuff down shortly after. Also their recommendations are really awful, even though that's what everyone always praises them on.

I only use Spotify to preview shit so I can download it later and the weekly playlist
For some reason my playlist started to turn to shit in the last month tho. Not getting any good recs like I used to get before

>still, mp3s are for plebs
Why? Do you think you can hear a difference between a 320 kbps MP3 and flac?

>the "320mp3 is transparent" meme
>in the year of our lord 2017

Their recommendations truly suck for the most part. I have a lifetime subscription as a gift from a family member, but I probably wouldn't pay for it if I didn't have that.

They did rec me the Southern Gothic playlist though, that turned me onto a bunch of interesting artists.

In the past ten days, I have spent 238 euros and 15 cents on 14 CDs. I'd say you're getting off cheap and easy with the ten dollars.

It all feels like "normies who listen to this also listen to this" as opposed to similar elements in music, if that makes sense. Or it's the same soft indie artists that spotify seems to boost.

I want to start my own library with musicbee or something but I don't want to wreck my new hard drive. Also when I first tried I learned I download things like a retard and ended up with shitty discographys that I didn't know how to organize. I guess I need to sit down and spend some time with it.

>All King Crimson albums
for real dude, unless you're only listening to pop music spotify is really lacking. It was when I noticed that spotify had no King Crimson how much it was actually lacking in music beyond pop

I pay $0.00 a month for local music.

>Spotify doesn't have King Crimson
>IT'S ALL POP MUSIC
Please find something tall to jump off my man

user he didnt say it's all pop music
he said
>for real dude, unless you're only listening to pop music spotify is really lacking.

It's lacking. Just because it has frank zappa and led zepplin's discography doesnt mean otherwise.

He also said that not finding King Crimson was what made him realize "how much it was lacking in music beyond pop". King Crimson is basically a pop group in this context. And there's probably a reason they're not there anyways (financial, etc)

TROUT MASK REPLICA

>Eminem - Infinite
There's only like 3 good songs on that album anyways

>It all feels like "normies who listen to this also listen to this"

Yeah, perfect way to put it.