Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNShCHNCfUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fine morning youtube.com/watch?v=wNShCHNCfUM

good picture.

me on the right.

feel like vomiting.

Taking a break from /éire/ for a few weeks

okay bye. might take a break for a few years.

get out

now

Sony's conference was fucking woeful lads. Can't believe I thought they would save E3 and stayed up until 2AM to sit through the whole thing. Only thing half daecent was the Spiderman gameplay, but even then that was chalk full of QTEs

>Cawadoody in a 100% original setting
>nearly half an hour of VR shite nobody cares about
>remaking existing games instead of making new ones
>more fucking zombies
>barely anything Japanese

Will gamers ever be happy with anything? No. Just quit.

>watching E3 unironically
>not pining for the great video game industry collapse

There's plenty I've been happy with this year already. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Valkyria Revolution are out before the end of this month alone. I just thought Sony's conference was shite
Too much money to be made for another crash to viably happen again

>new console generation
>MS, Sony, and Nintendo ready in the starting gate
>MS shits itself before the race even begins and has to spend the next couple of years cleaning up its own mess
>Nintendo runs in the wrong direction
>Sony gets off to a good start
Yet despite the massive advantage Sony has had this generation, is it just me or have they squandered it? The initial PS4 was far better than its rivals, yet seemingly everything Sony has done since has ranged from disappointing to pointless.

I'm more Irish than the Irish are themselves!

They're making mistakes but even then all they have to do is just fuck up less colossally than Microsoft or Nintendo, and they've managed that so far. They've got exclusive Cawadoody and Destiny 2 stuff to keep normies happy, the inherent Japanese investment and their 4K machine is at a much more affordable pricepoint than the Xbox One X which won't even be out until November.

Microsoft had an awful start this generation and although Phil Spencer is trying his best to turn it around with stuff like backwards compatibility and crossbuying Xbone games with PC, it's just not going to be enough for some people. They said they were going to take huge strides this generation to get back in the good graces of PC gamers but even then they're half-arsing it with their bullshit proprietary Windows Store bollocks, which shows they've learned nothing from the cancerous disaster that was GFWL.

I view Nintendo as a complete non-entity these days. They'll still pushing gimmicks and are years behind the competition in terms of sheer horsepower, not to mention abysmal third-party support. They're probably going to be hyping up Skyrim being on the Switch today even though it's a fucking 6 year old game. They're never going to attract that 'core' consumerbase of gamers who just buy multiplats to play with their friends because they're still having to butcher games just to have them accommodate their shitty hardware. It's already been confirmed the new FIFA game is going to be missing the storymode they were hyping up at EA's conference on the Switch. It's a joke

>saving samples
Definitely not Irish.

>Not saving samples
Irish people are no longer Irish, they drink tea and eat biscuits

A strong playstation is a strong Japanese console market. The sort of games that were coming out on handhelds in the previous generations have started coming back to console which has made it the best system since the PS2 from my perspective.
Sony are coasting a bit now but they won the race within the first few laps so that's understandable. Sonys business decisions aren't too important to me so long as their system is successful enough to provide a large and concentrated audience for Japanese games for the likes of Atlus and Square to focus on. 2017 has probably been the best year for Japanese console gaming in 10 or 15 years so I'm thankful for that.

I think nintendo are exclusively appealing to braindead ultrafanboys and middle aged "soccer moms" who buy the first console they see for little Jimmy.

Nintendo probably know what they're doing, they just see it as more profitable to appeal to a certain demographic that isn't you, me, or older people who have an intense passion for video games.

They appeal to nostalgia more than anything. Mario, Zelda and Pokemon are a fond memory of so many peoples childhood so it's pretty easy to keep repackaging the same games over and over every few years for people who need a fix.

Sony's primacy in the Japanese market will always stand to them (it propped up the PS3 during its rough first few years), as will its associated relationship with Japanese devs and publishers. And the fact that the PS4 is perceived as a good, solid console with few gimmicks will attract normies.

The XB1 doesn't have any comparable attributes this generation. MS doesn't seem able to relcaim its game library dominance or ease-of-use that helped it succeed in the last generation either (seriously, the XB1 UI is shit compared to the 360 version).

Tea is quintessentially Irish.

It's true that the fanboys will choke it down no matter what. My mate's family more or less pressured him into buying a Switch because they wanted to play Breath of the Wild even though he already owned a WiiU because they wanted something new and shiny. Poor bastard.
Yeah, I had a 360 around launch and it had a great lineup at the time. Halo hype was in full fucking mania around the world too during 2007 when Halo 3 launched. I can't believe it's been ten years, I went to the midnight launch of it in Stephen's Green with my mates and had a blast. They even managed some majorly surprising releases like the only English version of Tales of Vesperia. And they just lost all that traction seemingly overnight.

I'll miss that Blade UI too, it was sexy as fuck. Then they just started pushing that awful tiled Windows 8-esque tablet UI afterwards, but I'd already fully abandoned the Microsoft ship by late 2011 when I built my first gaming PC.

I haven't owned a Playstation since the PS2, but I'm considering picking up a PS4 for the exclusives. The only thing that's holding me back is the rate of technical advancement in the console market at the moment. Certain PS4 games now only run properly on the PS4 Pro, yet the Pro is on the verge of being left in the dust by the XB1X, which means there will probably be a more advanced version of the Pro in a few years time. There will probably come a time in this generation when there will be PS4 games that the vanilla PS4 can't run. I fear that the same will happen with the XB1.

I'm sorta glad I didn't grow up with Nintendo (except Pokémon, which had no lasting appeal for me beyond childhood). I wouldn't want to be beholden to modern Nintendo because of nostalgia.

>buying a Switch because they wanted to play Breath of the Wild even though he already owned a WiiU

Go back to Sup Forums you sad no life manchildren.

>They even managed some majorly surprising releases like the only English version of Tales of Vesperia. And they just lost all that traction seemingly overnight.
Ah yes, back during that brief period when Microsoft wanted to crack the Japanese market, which had the consequence of giving the Western market access to some very different games from the standard Xbox fare.

>I'll miss that Blade UI too, it was sexy as fuck
I was never fond of that, although I barely remember it. I actually like the MS tile UI though - it's clean and easy to navigate. It was shit on Windows 8 PC, but it worked well on tablets, 360, and is implemented well on Windows 10.

I don't think Sony is likely to release yet another slightly more powerful version of the PS4 Pro just to match the Xbox One X. They've already put all of their eggs in the basket with the Pro for this generation. Being able to push it out over a year ahead of Microsoft's competition was already enough.

That and the first thing normies are going to see is the pricetag. Joe Soap doesn't care about teraflops or CPU clock speeds. They're going to see '€350 4k gaming console' or '€500 4k gaming console' and make the decision.

>Certain PS4 games now only run properly on the PS4 Pro, yet the Pro is on the verge of being left in the dust by the XB1X, which means there will probably be a more advanced version of the Pro in a few years time.
I wouldn't worry much about that for performance, the CPUs are only 30% better on the Pro and X so it doesn't have much of an impact on framerate. The purpose of those systems is on the GPU to provide for 4k which may or may not be something you care about.
The games that don't run well on regular PS4 like Just Cause 3 or The Last Guardian don't run much better on Pro and I don't think Bloodborne even has a pro patch.
Either way this looks like the nature of modern consoles, whenever you buy you're probably not going to be more than 2 years away from a slightly better model being released.

I feel bad for people who still play nintendo

video games are the most decidedly Irish past time there is, so long as you have good taste

>flags replaced for the original ones on Sup Forums
finally hiro does something fucking good

>four and a half hours to waste for disappointment
At least there'll be a comfy Treehouse stream.

>I don't think Sony is likely to release yet another slightly more powerful version of the PS4 Pro just to match the Xbox One X
Is the Pro selling well though?

>That and the first thing normies are going to see is the pricetag. Joe Soap doesn't care about teraflops or CPU clock speeds
Were normies ever the target market of the Pro or the XB1X though? I don't think so.

>The purpose of those systems is on the GPU to provide for 4k which may or may not be something you care about.
Good point. I care about framerate fare more than insane resolutions. Take Nier Automata, for example. There's a game where framerate is very important, yet I've heard stories of the vanilla PS4 struggling for than the PS4 Pro to maintain a stable 60fps.

Apparently 40% of Pro sales were people upgrading their regular PS4. I knew not to buy a PS4 at launch though. The cheaper and more efficient hardware revisions always follow, and then the Pro was announced so I just waited for that.

4K is the latest marketing buzzword in the gaming sphere next to VR so the Pro would appeal to more normies than you'd think who've already been adopting 4K TVs for the likes of Netflix

>Take Nier Automata, for example. There's a game where framerate is very important, yet I've heard stories of the vanilla PS4 struggling for than the PS4 Pro to maintain a stable 60fps.
Depends how sensitive you are on performance. I played it on regular PS4 and felt it ran very well until I saw a digital foundary article showing it dipping to 50 in places. Can't say I noticed.

I'm so tired and fatigued today and i dont know why. I'm out of breath and feel like collapsing whenever I get up.

>flags replaced for the original ones on Sup Forums
I don't understand.

>The cheaper and more efficient hardware revisions always follow, and then the Pro was announced so I just waited for that.
If I was patient, I'd wait for the PS4 Pro to come down in price a bit and then buy that. But I really want some of those exclusives.

I bought it from Gamestop for €400 with 3 games. I didn't give a fuck about any of the games I got with it so I just took them straight up to CEX and got some cash back. You're honestly not looking at that much of a saving if you're waiting over the long term. It'll probably come down another €50 over the next year at best

>photoshopping out my gf

RUDE

isn't it his little fugly brother
or so saith the /éire/ lore masters

€400 isn't too bad. I spent about that on my XB1 2 years ago. I'm just wondering whether I can justify having two current generation consoles and a gaming PC (albeit one that urgently needs upgrades).

>NEET
Jesus how the fuck do you stand this?

My father just found out that a friend and ex-work colleague of his only has a few weeks to live with skin cancer. He was only retired for a few months, slaving away his entire life only to get cancer when it's finally time for him to have control over his life.
Jesus lads, whats it all for.

>buying an Xbox One

For what purpose

The capitalist machine.

Jesus, that genuinely depressing.

Halo. Also, the backwards compatibility is proving to be useful because my 360 is getting old.

Just buy it. The PS4 is a strong seller and will continue as such for years, it's not going to collapse in price. It's the middle of the generation with a lot of games available and a good few years ahead, it's a good time to buy.

occupy yourself
bought 3 months of runescape membership to hold me over until I get a new job

>thinking life is some grand marathon where you work hard and get rewarded at the end
>not realising that each stage is worth as much as the next and you're supposed to derive enjoyment from the journey, not the destination

How else would you motivate yourself in an oppressive corporate environment if not for the carrot at the end?

Sneezing so much. These allergies are killing me. I don't know why they're only starting to affect me now.
Nothing in life is enjoyable except in short bursts. Maybe a few hours per week are nice but after that it's all miserable no matter what.

Have a life outside work and don't pin your hopes on when you retire 40 years from now. Otherwise you'll end up a slightly more depressed old man.

Only so much you can do when 5 of your 7 days are occupied.

>Have a life outside work.
Haha what do you think I am some kind of normie? Fuck off.

By finding enjoyable ways to kills time. Waking up late also helps.

Well, it's a choice between buying a PS4 Pro or upgrading my PC this summer to be honest.

>Have a life outside work
But I get home after 6 most weekdays and I'm wrecked on the weekends.

This.
Also I don't have any friends really, I've tried joining multiple clubs and doing various activities over the years that I find interesting and still nothing changes.
If you have a "life" then get out of Sup Forums desu.

>you're supposed to derive enjoyment from the journey, not the destination
But the journey is shit.

Discussing your perpetual misery again I see.

Grab your balls, go out to a club/bar alone and start talking to people. Do this like 4/5 nights a week and dont drink.

>Discussing your perpetual misery again I see.
Well, it IS perpetual.

>just be yourself

So go see someone about it.

I cannot think of a more inane and boring thing. I'd rather off myself.
>get out of Sup Forums desu.

no dont be yourself because as it stands youre most likely a fucking loser. But be open to talking and meeting people

>go to club
>h-h-h-hey I'm user I came to m-make f-f-f-friends
>watches anime on his phone while everyone else gets drunk and finds a fuckbuddy, sipping water

>no dont be yourself because as it stands youre most likely a fucking loser
But I don't know how to be anybody other than myself. I'm the only person I've ever been.

>go to a bar/cub alone
Good recipe for spending a night sitting/standing on your own.

This is awful advice

If you don't have a friend by 20 you probably won't get any.

People go to clubs with friends, to have fun with friends. They don't go to make friends unless they are friendless autist weirdos

Don't even know who I am desu.

>If you don't have a friend by 20 you probably won't get any.
Even if you do, they'll usually be work acquaintances rather than real friends.

Yes. The easiest way to make new friends is current friends introducing you to their friends.

ITT

I'M BECOMING
THIS
ALL I WANT
TEW DEW
IS BE MORE LOIKE
MAY
AND BE LESS
LOIKE
YEW

This depressive circlejerk is boring and contagious.

This is mostly true but I've met people at bars/clubs. They weren't that weird either. Usually at a nice bar there's someone relaxing after work who just needs a drink.

/Éire/ what did you have for lunch today?

I'm not sure that happens in this country like it does in North America with a lone businessman going into an urban bar to drink and chat to strangers while sitting at the bar. It's more likely they'd grab some cans and go home.

That looks lovely but what is it ? Did you make it yourself?

oh. Im in Montreal but just yesterday I went to the bar after work and there were like 3/4 other guys there doing the same thing, we just introduced ourselves and talked about the F1 weekend happening here. It was no biggie. I can see however in like a small town how thats not really viable.

Well evidently most people don't feel that way when you look at how much a hot topic pensions are in poiltics

Its cheese.

Baked feta with coriander, cayenne pepper, a sliced chili pepper and a few drops of olive oil.

I don't think its cultural even in cities. When people go out to a bar or club they go with friends, you're seen as a loser or an alcoholic otherwise.

Would love to round up all these prick normies and put a bullet in their NT heads. Absolute diseases desu.

Got e-fibre installed today and it's just not working no matter what I do. No internet connection comes on on the modem.

you're all talk

why don't you order the parts to create your own ak47 off the deep web and fulfill your destiny?

already a top ra man

Imagine the RTE coverage when they discover the community Ireland's Breivek belonged to.
There are so few of us here I'd imagine we'd all be put under surveillance.

Are you lads watching Leaders Questions? They're all saying goodbye to Inda.

It made me hungry so I went and made some bruschetta.

Decided to eat dinner at 2pm lads. Not at work just really hungry.

This.

>Imagine the RTE coverage when they discover the community Ireland's Breivek belonged to.
>pics of boatsluts visible in the RTÉ News report
Pretty good desu.

I'll watch it on the news tonight

Fairly sure I'm already under surveillance. Probably not by the Gardai though, wouldn't think they'd be capable.

Reminder anons pretend to be friendless autists

Will probably see FF congratulating him and celebrating him as if they're the best of buddies despite railing on him for over a decade. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the politicians had great craic with the people they're supposed to oppose in the Dail bar. It's all a show for the people when it comes to FF, FG and Lab being distinct parties.