ITT: most depressing, but good movies you've ever seen. Bonus points if similar to pic related

ITT: most depressing, but good movies you've ever seen. Bonus points if similar to pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HNlmP3Msw4I
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5Q75hf6QI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Melancholia
Diary of a Country Priest
Cries and Whispers
The Survivalist
Martyrs
McCabe and Mrs Miller
Assassination of Jesse James

its not a story that can be converted to movie format. 10 episode mini series or something maybe.

Require for a dream

Kids

This

21 grams

Grave of the fireflies.

Book was much better.

I really hated all those little degenerates, so it was more of a feel-good movie for me.

The girl nextdoor

Stalker

Is that gif from the French version?

Si

yes. fuck this movie.

STALKER

I couldn't go but make many nuke jokes during that movie, it was a 6 out of 10

Strange circus

>Silencio

Terry Gilliam's "Brazil"

Even the artwork makes me sad

Dumplings

Ok, good. I watched about 15 minutes of the American version before I turned it off. I didn't expect it to be nearly as good, but it was just shockingly bad.

Me and some friends watched that piece of trash while tripping. It sucked so bad, we couldn't help but laugh at the end. Total waste.

Shame
pretty depressing and pretty good

The Wrestler
Requiem for a Dream
Manchester by the Sea

This scene almost gave me a fucking heart attack

that was a goodass movie

4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days. Thank me later

Really great film

The Fountain(2006)

Very chill, depressed tone.
Bonus points because the Wolverine is in it.

Movie purist can suck a dick, this film is awesome.

The Wrestler.

Martyrs. A movie you will never forget. Most disturbing film I've ever seen

Danzig should have been Wolverine.

forgot about this movie. impactful film. heres the top 2 imdb reviews to give you a feel

The lobster

OP here, thanks yall I have a substantial list of shit to watch for the next few days cause I'm super depressed

OP, watch 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days. Report back

I didn't think that was too depressing. In fact, I found it more funny than depressing.

Have you seen his latest film, The Killing of a Sacred Deer? I thought that was much more depressing than The Lobster.

Once Upon A Time In Shanghai

youtube.com/watch?v=HNlmP3Msw4I

Almost everyone dies, the protagonist goes to jail at the end, and in the last scene his love interest swears she'll wait for however many years for him to get out.

op, watch meet the fockers, its great as well

I didnt see it yet. Also pic related is kinda depressing

will do

I haven't seen that one. I've heard it was pretty good.

it is good. He is your regular loner Sup Forumstard

Thank you

Not a movie, but if you can make it to the end it will hollow you out more then the black christmas episode of black mirror

Threads
When the wind blows

Can't you just stop being depressed? I hate mopy people.

Yes thank you

When the Winds Blows fucking killed me

I saw this for the first time the other day, and I was massively disappointed. I suppose if I saw it close to the original release date, it would have been more disturbing, but it's just very dated.

All the Oats Studios shorts are extremely pessimistic.

THREADS!

I want to rewatch this one, but I remember how sick it made me feel after I've finished it.
Every edgy shitlord that thinks WW3 would be cool and fireworks should be put in front of the screen for this one.
The only movie that fucked me up worse was my country's production that wouldn't translate very well abroad.

Great, now I don't fucking need to watch it m8, brilliant, cheers.
faggot

Dude, if you've never seen this movie prepare to have your life thorn asunder.

Sunshine, 1996

A one of a kind film that follows an entire family over 5 generations going from their pre-war glory to their eventual oblivion under soviet Stalinist rule.

This movie is a fucking roller coaster of train wreaks and THE FEEELS, oh MY GOD THE FEELS, cannot even begin to describe how much you will enjoy this often overlooked masterpiece.

You are fucking welcome.

Visitor Q

This movie still get me

Also check out 'Suicide Club' for dark mindfuck

Solaris by tarkovsky

is the gayest movie ive ever seen. no, not good cinema. the end to end scene is the only redeeming part.

Where can i watch 4 months 3 weeks 2 days with english subs??

Lol, was this playing the background in Atomic Blonde? I kinda wanted to watch it.

Fuck that movie...

>Also check out 'Suicide Club'...
...for b-movie cringe-worthy 2-edgy-4-me type shit not often seen outside of many REKT threads here on Sup Forums

THAT WAS SUCH A FUCKED UP STORY.
Documentaries are always the most fucked up.

Wtf

Wild Strawberries
The Seventh Seal
Pans Labrynth

>most depressing, but good movies
equus with richard burton 1977
magic with anthony h0pskins 1978

>Richard Burton
This just reminded me of another depressing af movie: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

We Need to talk about Kevin
Small Crimes
The Ritual

I didn't know documentaries counted, in that case I recommend

This is what winning looks like
By Ben Anderson.

What it full and free here
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5Q75hf6QI

pic also related

Children of Men

Hell I liked it

Check on demand. If not I'm sure Amazon has it

trying to watch it for free

The Remains of the Day.
Life is Beautiful.
All Quiet on the Western Front.

30 day free trial in Hulu. I suggest you make a list of some of these other movies and watch them as well

I would recommend martyrs and we need to talk about Kevin as well. Also, not sure how cinematically astute you are, but the movie "victoria" is one of the most impressive tragedies I've ever watched

Movie reviews for victoria

Blue Velvet is also a great movie

Oh and the entirety of this 2 hour and 18 minute film was recorded in one shot. No cuts. 2 hours and 18 minutes of consecutive filming

Once Were Warriors

All in all I'd suggest watching them in the following order: 1. 4 months 3 weeks 2 days 2. We need to talk about Kevin 3. Martyrs 4. Victoria

Midnight Cowboy

I just read the Murder of Sylvia Likens and the bitch who tortured her only got 20 years in prison

simply announce your insanity and drugs and get a slap on the wrist on good behaviour.

I think pic-related is his best. In fact, I'm surprised I didn't think of this one, given that it's in the top 5 most depressing films I've ever seen.

Lynch films are nonsense. Weird for the sake of weird.

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit , the thread title SAID GOOD MOVIES, not good books.

A serbian film

Irreversible

>weird for the sake of weird
Compelling critique

They're very strange films, but I'd hardly reduce them to "weird for weird's sake". Even if that were the case, it wouldn't make them any less fascinating to me. Eraserhead is the closest a film has ever come to capturing the essence of a nightmare--I'd say that's a pretty impressive feat.

Breaking the waves.

Anything by this asshole will pretty much crush your insides. Especially his early stuff or anything from the DOGMA 95 movement.

you got it in one, "The Road"

/thread

Children of Men