Tries to criticize this album

>tries to criticize this album
Is there a single more embarrassing act?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0rQLyYJ7Cr2
youtube.com/watch?v=U2I6UY9qwt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are many flaws.
>b-but muh lyrics

No

Embarrassing. Time will not be kind to critics of ITAOTS.

Embarrassing that you think history is going to give half a fuck about a college-kid trend. Rock as a whole is becoming irrelevant, why would one cult-hit footnote to the genre matter nearly as much as you think it does? You need to spend more time away from Sup Forums and RYM

NMH is shit and this album is shit.

Yeah but that's not even a rock album

Hahahahhahahahahahaha

vocaroo.com/i/s0rQLyYJ7Cr2

The Fool is a good track and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

its a clusterfuck but still manages to sound pretty clear, that is pretty interesting. the sound itself is unique but chaotic, doesn't even sound like they are reading a sheet. not very satisfying to relisten to because there is no melody, math rock tier

>no melody

>these are the people that “dislike” ITAOTS

serious question. how do you even show this album to people? what do you tell them when they ask you what it sounds like or what do you say when you play King of Carrot Flowers pt 2? I've tried showing it to people and they just look at me really disoriented with a "are you serious?" face

>relevancy is all that matters!
Truth about it is NMH wasn't relevant at all when they came out. Relevancy does not mean quality. There were things in the past that were extremely relevant at that time and yet are barely remembered today. And I think it's a safe bet that NMH will outlive Lil Peep or Xxxtentacion or whatever bullshit you think is relevant.
also
>spend more time away from Sup Forums and RYM
why don't you fuck off? You are also posting on a Monday I don't want to hear how you cool and trendy you think you are.
Do everyone a favor and paint your walls with your brains.

>What a curious life we have found here tonight
>There is music that sounds from the street
>There are lights in the clouds
>Anna's ghost all around
>Hear her voice as it's rolling and ringing through me
>Soft and sweet
>How the notes all bend and reach above the trees
i cry every time

You have to understand most people aren’t able to understand the artistic depth of someone. They’ll attach themselves to what they’re told is good, and then years later attach themselves to the New Gaurd which they previously criticized.

something*

>Hahahahahahahaha

literally a meme album

name them

>there is no melody
are you serious

if you have listened to any classical era music you can safely discard neutral milk hotel as low common denominator numale music. you may not like it but this is music at peak performance.
youtube.com/watch?v=U2I6UY9qwt4
violin is the most beautiful instrument, drums are the worst part of every single song they have ever been in, and vocals do not belong in music.

to be fair, you need quite a high IQ...

Please kys, I study at a conservatory

Retard
Not an argument
>comparing itaots to lil peep
Yup, that's about the only way to make this album seem good. Anyways, you're right, relevance doesn't equal quality, but that doesn't change the fact that this album has neither. Nobody can ever explain why this album is good or how it matters - it's just so Raw and Passionate
>some shit about Mondays
Jesus Christ you're autistic, how can you let yourself get triggered so hard when someone calls out your favorite pile of shit for the overhyped mediocrity it is? It's not like anyone in real life respects the album at all, you must live your life trembling in rage

Not really progressive, songs are way too simple, the instrumentals are often so incredibly overblown with Jeff's voice not being... all that great to say the least which makes listening to this album more than once a week hurt my ears
>b-but i can analyze the sound and how everything fits together somehow
yeah, but music should be pleasant to listen to as well.

Those don't break the album, in fact it's still at least 9/10 if not 10/10, but saying it's flawless is fucking ridiculous.

>Is there a single more embarrassing act?
Yes, and it's liking this album.
/thread

Embarrassing.

You people don’t even understand how embarrassing this is.

the vocals are too loud

Is that a fucking threat???

You can't even defend your opinion lmao. NMH superfans are always under the age of 25, it's cringe as fuck and pic related. You're listening to off-kilter pop music, get some perspective

Embarrassing.

It’s like watching someone try to criticize Hamlet. Please get some self-awareness, bud.

t. art illiterate

Pic related is you. Divest your identity of your love for this album or you'll literally end up killing yourself when you realize that it's just some quirky songs

>tfw every opinion i have ever held has been carefully planned so that i will never look back on myself as a pleb

How does this make you feel?

I cry when he says
>and in my dreams you're alive and you're crying

>progress means better

like it was literally thrown together at random by a rym kid base on his charts from the last month

You’re not helping your case, child.

so what

>10/10
>but saying it's flawless is fucking ridiculous

The person you're responding to isn't who you originally addressed (me)
In any case the chart is whatever, it's full of good music both top and bottom along with some baffling choices. spirit they've gone and illmatic are both objectively garbage while the rest of the chart is at least arguable. And I don't understand this board's fascination with death grips, they get so much attention both positive and negative but they really don't matter at all, and their inclusion in your chart shows me that you're a Sup Forumsdrone with an incredibly distorted perspective of the actual critical landscape. Stop obsessing over "correct" taste is the main thing you need to take away from all of this to develop yourself as a person and music fan.

>first time posting in this thread about something not quite related to the main topic
>your case
wow you must be like a psychic or something

You’re not helping your case, drone.
Consider the fact that you have no understanding of art and never will.
Wow, you must be artistically illiterate or something.

actually the only thing I really care about from the bottom is cohen but that chart is still completely nonsensical and your troll is weak

It’s not a troll, it’s an attempt to purge the retards of mu.

I know you think you're doing some post-ironic trollshit and it's all somehow funny baits with some underlying conviction, but in reality you're just a pitchfork shill ok

>post modern
>shill
Oh boy, go watch fagbois like Sam Hyde

inb4 "artistic literacy" becomes the new "emotionally dishonest"

>10/10
>not flawless

you're going insane from Sup Forums my dude, i never even wrote the words post-modern and "shill" was a common term long before the alt-right started spamming it. Seriously close your browser lmao you don't know a thing about me beyond the fact that I'm telling you itaots isn't a great album

“Emotionally dishonest” is a misplaced excavation of the root that is artistic illiteracy.

What's embarrassing is being caught listening to this album in public. Everyone under 30 has heard of it. It's not interesting. They don't care.

you literally either love this album because it means something to you, or you love the literally unmatched sound it created.

alternatively you hate it because someone told you to, or you won't listen to it out of some sort of deluded superiority.

everyone under 30 who is mostly a shut in.

none of these people are outside.

but then why would you know this, as you're one of these virgin-walkers that are scared to go outside.

wait why aren't you defending this album it is right up your street...

(Fashion trends, ideology; No analysis)

>literally unmatched
you can say this about nearly any decent album lol
doesn't change the fact that
>technically bad singing
>simple song structure
>unsophisticated lyrics
I'm not saying those things make the album bad, per se, but acting like itaots is 'objectively' good is retarded, if anything it's importance lies in the fact that it's objectively shitty but has still amassed a large cult following. It's primarily interesting as a social phenomenon, any sonic influence it had on low-fi indie pop/rock is a secondary consideration

Avery Island is better.

>everyone under 30 who is mostly a shut in.
no those are only the whiny nasally people who like it.

;;;;;;;;;

>technically bad singing
This is beyond art illiteraticy. This is straight up audial illiteracy.
Mangum spans a four octave range and is not once out of tune.

lmao you went too far I'm out

>technically bad singing
technically bad according to your perfect pitch alongside your ability to move across six octaves without missing a note?
>simple song structure
it is pop music at the end of the day. for pop music they are complex song structures. for obtusely experimental music that is experimental for the sake of MUH TIME SIGNATURES LE QWIRKY it is relatively tame, sure.
>unsophisticated lyrics
please post some sophisticated lyrics. my sides are at the ready.
ready to feel the pain.

Imagine having such a low testosterone level that you're physically able to sit through a listening of this album, LET ALONE actually enjoy it

Yeah I only listen to Oasis and read Tom Clancy like the retard I am.

>four octave
>six octaves

See

>10/10 equals flawless perfection

What have you been smoking dude

>more embarrassing act
actually listening to it

dude what

>We both want the very same thing
>We are praying
>I am the one to save you
>But you don't even own
>Your own violence
>Run away from home-
>Your beard is still blue
>With the loneliness of you mighty men
>With your jaws, and fists, and guitars
>And pens, and your sugarlip
>But I've never been to the firepits with you mighty men

>caring about the lyrics that are literal nonsense

Is ITAOTS the decemberists' best album?

Listening and liking the album.

>simple
>therefore not good

what are the beatles

simple doesn't imply not good but the beatles are an awful example of this

That's literally what 10/10 means you goof

Why is mu so fucking horrible

It's an alright album, especially for indie folk, which is admittedly one of the worst genres of music ever conceived, but anybody who thinks this is a 10/10 GOAT album and isn't between the ages of 13-21 has some very shallow taste in music and needs to spend more time listening to music he/she hasn't heard before and less time browsing the cesspits that are Sup Forums, Reddit, and RYM.

I too thought this album was 10/10 when I was in high school a decade ago, but once I got some perspective and grew beyond the indie pop/rock/folk/hiphop staples that seem to keep us millennials so happy, I realized it's really not that special. 7/10 at best.

>/threading your own post

holy shit go back

You're not pointing out flaws, you're just assuming a bias and naming reasons why somebody with that bias would have a problem with the record. It creates the aesthetic it attempts to present perfectly, therefore it is a 10.

I don't understand this pic at all. All of the literate albums I recognize are inventive in some way and Trout Mask and Blonde on Blonde are on the other side...