Discuss

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/14/school-shootings-in-america-2018-how-many-so-far
washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.06ccc8e44966
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Both

Actually, neither, but it doesn't matter, because we're trying to fix something that isn't broken.

>because we're trying to fix something that isn't broken.
There it is. The dumbest thing you will read all day

OP is a dumbass faggot who would get shot.

neither
they don't look thick enough to stop a bullet

why isnt school just digital and attended from home these days? thats the only way this shit is stopping in america honestly

a sign that says this:

"School shooters will have pictures of their tiny penis taken and posted everywhere."

...we'll never have another shooting again.

Outstanding
So true

Signs probably won't have that great of an effect on violent crime rates, restrictions and impediments on weapon access will.

Believe me, if I was a methodical mass murderer and I actually wanted to live, I wouldn’t mess with a school with a sign like that.

You don't enforce gun control with signs, moron.

>any attempt to harm children will be met with deadly force
A lot of false shootings right there, like with police.

>kid happens to be black
>just wanted to show officer a little statue in his pocket
>cop gets jumpy thinking he has a gun
>shoots the fucking shit out of him

>Isn't broken
The amount of Americans who are in denial about getting shot up every other day is through the roof. It's like you'd sooner see your entire population drown in a giant sea of blood than talk about banning assault rifles across the country.

Why are so many of the Mass Shooters affiliated with the dumbcunt-right? The guy was a member of a group advocating for a white ethno-state.

Forget mexicans, these people are the real danger here.

Like seriously dude you have no idea how ridiculous this issue looks to the rest of the world.

I know because I'm in it.

It feels really good not having to fear getting shot when I leave my home and you guys not only forgot how that feels, you've come to accept it.

You think you're fighting big government by being so stubborn but you're just collectively sucking the NRA's dick. This is what they want and you're giving it to them.

Congrats Americans, you're all a bunch of fucking cucks and you're going to die for it.

No skin off my ass, though.

Gun control debate aside, just how depraved have people in general become where the thought of needing armed guards or armed teachers in school is something which even needs to be considered? Maybe it's time to just wipe humanity from the face of the earth and let the animals have it back. We obviously don't deserve it.

No dude, it's the refugees!!! They haven't committed a single act of terrorism in all of North America but they're brown and they have spooky beards and they're not people I can project on so therefore they're the problem.

It's really cool that so many soldiers of the NRA army are willing to get shot in public for the cause but it's too bad that they're drafting the entirety of the United States along with them.

Odds of you getting killed by a gunshot are like .00001% or something equally ridiculously low. It really isn't a problem

have you never been to public school? most of the teachers and administrators are mentally unstable, power tripping, and left of center on the iq bell curve. that's why they work in a fucking school. let's just give these goons the tools to murder children and see how many of them manage to not abuse it.

pretty much. compare the number of kids who get shot to death to the number of kids who drown in the family pool. the fact that we gather around the television over one of those doesn't make it worse.

But libtards gonna libtard. Just like equal opportunities doesn't mean equal results

when did having common, objective sense stop making you liberal and start making you conservative? it was in my lifetime and i really don't think it's just that i'm growing up.

There's a school shooting every 3 days in the US and there's 98,000 public schools. So if you attend a public school, EACH DAY, you have 0.00034% of a chance to have your school shot up. For an entire year that's 0.12%. Multiply by 12 and you have 1,48% of being in a school shooting during your compulsory education.

That's a whole fucking lot, especially if you compare to the 0% figure in the overwhelming majority of other first world countries.

People like you have blood on your hands. As citizens we have a collective responsibility to take actions when a crisis occurs that causes innocent victims and you are opposing that for your own selfish agenda and to perpetuate the NRA's brainwashing. You're a fucking tool and I'm sick of having to deal with you guys. If you want to get shot be my guest but stop bringing America in with you.

Uh, no. its approximately 1 in 8000 going off of 2017 figures, which comes out to 0.000125%. You were off by an order of magnitude.

>Redditing your post
tl;dr

>school shooting every 3 days
Citation faggot

Oh! trick question! Neither!
Deterence of "gun free zones with increased penalty" is zero on those who are doing a suicide run or death by cop plan. Likewise, the "Heavily Armed" is part of the plan, but the attacker always gets the drop and first shots, and in the end publicity and fame - which is a goal.

Yeah I'm sure you avoid reading a lot of inconvenient facts and arguments so you can keep justifying your little victim of evil librul government narrative intact while the bloodbath keeps going on.

If you are against banning assault rifles you are personally responsible for every death and injury caused by a shoot-up with an assault rifle. There's no two ways about it.

Its always been like that
If your young and a conservative you don't have a heart
If your old and a liberal you don't have a brain
Fuck off you're just using a incident to justify governmental gun control. So few kids got killed by a psycho. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will not fix this "problem"

When did I talk about taking guns away from law abiding citizens? This is a typical manipulation tactic by your kind of disgusting hypocrite. We talk about gun control and you immediately respond to "confiscating all guns". I'm sure you've been told hundreds of times that this is not what gun control is about but ignored it because people like you ignore inconvenient facts.

Government gun control is necessary whether or not it's convenient to you. Your perceived entitlements and desire for convenience should not have precedence over the life of innocent people. This shouldn't need to be said but you're in the country of selfish sociopath cunts so I guess it does.

Most mass murders recently haven’t been alt-right types - exactly the opposite.
They’ve been registered Democrats or in the case of underage shooters, from homes of democrats.
Another thing they have in common from most of the shooters is they are on SSRIs with histories of mental illness.
I think the last part is the most telling. Mentally ill people, regardless of political views or backgrounds, and guns don’t mix. It’s an absolute nightmare to get anyone committed to get the help they need now - you have to go to court to have them adjudicated mentally ill for it, and typically court won’t happen until AFTER they commit some crime or have a history with law enforcement contacts.
Flip side of the cone prior to the mental health laws being changed to what they are now, it was far too easy to commit someone and toss them away into the system that was cruel and barbaric.
There is no easy answer besides personal responsibility - teach your goddamn kids that using a gun will not only end someone else’s life but their own too if they misuse it.

>Its always been like that
i don't believe that. because i remember the conservative platforms of old, and they were never not retarded. they were a cult based on subjugation pretty much until gays got marriage rights, and then they ran out of things to be retarded about and liberals picked up the slack.

There's been 18 school shootings in America in the 45 days since the beginning of year 2018.
theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/14/school-shootings-in-america-2018-how-many-so-far

define school shooting. because i'm betting it doesn't mean getting your school "shot up," as you put it.

>tfw there was actually an armed guard at the school

>fake news, the article.

most of these arent shootings, but weapons discharged, take your propaganda somewhere else, like tumblr, reddit, or salon.

>he thinks people care about signs

Maybe people would be more inclined to get the help they need if they didn't have to pay out the ass for it.

Too bad daddy Trump's new healthcare law scrapped the essential services to cover and, by doing so, the obligation of insurers to cover mental healthcare expenses.

But hey at least you have all the freedom you need to get shot by a psycho.

Bullshit - washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.06ccc8e44966
There’s been 5 actual ones - 5 too many, but it sure as fuck ain’t 18 - that is 3 standard deviations above normal which is about 4-6 a year.

??????????

>to have resulted in death or injury

So unsuccessful shootings don't count, then? Someone tried to fire a gun in a school and that's not a shootup. Ok fine. There has been 7 successful school shoot ups in 2018, bringing my figure of 1.48% to 0.6%

It's like I'm arguing with people about how many million people were killed during the holocaust. It doesn't matter, morons. There's a problem that is specific to the US and you're up your own asses about it.

Can I have a participation medal then? "Assault" means next to nothing in civilian firearms buddy, I can "assault" you and do twice the damage with .22 pistol than a cumbersome rifle that paints me as a target. You're attacking buzzwords because the media tells you to, stop denying yourself critical-thought.

There's always armed people at the fucking shootings. Almost everyone in the US has a fucking gun. No one can prevent a shoot up just by being armed. The shooter doesn't care and they have the time to kill people regardless. All of that "but people with guns can kill the baddies" bullshit has absolutely no demonstrated practical application.

the problem is the utopian ideal of "Gun Free Zones" failing when applied to reality, it is so simple, i don't understand why leftists conveniently cant see this.

Sociopaths see "gun free zones" (schools) as places where there are a lot of targets, and no one defending them.. get out of your emotions and use logic for once.

Try Bullies will be forced to go to all black school.

>So unsuccessful shootings don't count, then?
correct. just like reckless driving doesn't count as vehicular manslaughter.
>It's like I'm arguing with people about how many million people were killed during the holocaust.
in that case, there were a million zillion killed, and if you deny it i'll call semantics.

5-star post user

Ah, is that so? Funny. In Canada, you can't own assault rifles, the arm of choice for people who do shootups in America, and in Canada, there's never any school shootup. Why would that be? Hmmmm. Why. Would. That. Be? I wonder. Really working the old noggin here.

The fact that you guys don't even want to attempt this is already far enough to demonstrate that you're selfish sociopaths who, as far as I'm concerned, deserve to be put in jail along with the shooters.

Is this supposed to imply that there'll be an actual guard cause from what I know of public school probably neither will help.

I'm not for gun free zones. This is a false dichotomy that your kind imposes on a debate that is much more complex than deciding between banning all firearms and leaving them completely uncontrolled. You don't want there to be a complex solution because that might be inconvenient for you, so you pretend that liberals are after all your gun rights because that's much easier to argue against.

You took a good point and ran right off a cliff with your own ego you Eskimo loving fuck.

This.

I don't know of any school you can just walk into they have to buzz you in and they can see you WTF

>as far as I'm concerned, deserve to be put in jail along with the shooters.

This has got to be bait lol

I'm angry because I'm seeing a population of 330,000,000 people getting shot up all the time and looking the other way because they refuse to make the tiniest concession to the only people who try to bring a solution to the table.

then explain to me why Dem Congressmen running to the microphones screaming for gun control while the bodies are still warm on the ground?
It is about gun rights, and political exploitation, logic and safety has nothing to do with it.

no

>Oh good. I won't spend 25 years in prison, it will be all over as soon as I killed a good bunch of these fuckers.

I don't think death is scary to someone who does a school shoot-up. They're already throwing their life away one way or another.

Give all staff and teachers a can of bear mace

but something has to be done NOW!!!!

Despite how the media paints things in recent years, it's actually pistols but those darn kids sure like that "tacticool" feel so now we've got kids with basic ass rifles but added picatinny rails. GTFO.

Because gun control doesn't equal "gun free zones" or mass confiscation of firearms, moron.

Are you really intellectually incapable of making the distinction? Has the NRA brainwashing gotten that deep into your mind?

i sense sarcasm... and will leave it as such.

i bought my kids bulletproof backpacks last night.

the staff one
Teacher's college will now include mandatory "murdering problem students" training

ad hominem... i am done here.

>I don't know of any school you can just walk into
I do. Midwest.

I'm sure the kids who get shot up in a couple days from now will forgive you for refusing to do anything about it. After all, you're only looking out for your precious rights, the only thing that should ever matter in anything ever, no matter the expense in innocent lives.

That's so stupid $500 for an electronic lock and a camera.

No, I made a valid argument, then insulted you. If you refuse to engage because of that, it's not because of the fallacy, it's because you're a pussy. This is Sup Forums and I'm going to sprinkle my arguments with insults all I fucking want.

I'm sure the kids who are going to die in the next shooting are weeping for your hurt fee fees though.

What do you think it will cost to have well trained armed guards posted in every public school in the country?

Yeah, but these sick fucks tend to go for soft targets, to maximise casualties. Chances are that someone is still getting shot by these psychos, just not as likely to be a school with competent security.

deport the beaners aka mexicans,PLENTY of cash after that

I hate to even sound like I am supporting that orange NY cocksucker but it’s budget cuts.
Part of the reason it was cut was due to the outrageous fucking costs like you pointed out because he’s stupid enough to think it doesn’t matter.
Back in the 90s I intially went to college for a degree in psychology. At the time, a licensed therapist in my state’s median income was right at $65k a year, it’s at about $95k now.
I quit because I couldn’t morally justify charging those types of prices to help people but at the same time, if I didn’t I would have been saddled with a ton of student debt.
The entire medical system needs a huge overhaul, as does the government’s financial expenditures as well as its obligations to its tax paying citizenry.

>a magical deportation fairy will fill public treasury with dollar bills everytime a mexican is deported
i don't think you understand how money works

This is a sign some snowflake hastily made in photoshop to make themselves feel better at the prospect of solving a complex problem with a simple-minded solution.

Someone who was premeditating opening fire in a school would take this as a challenge and account for the protections put into play.

The kid didn't go to that school, he was able to just walk in, there was no layer of protection prior to someone being granted access to the building. I have to go through more security to get into Jury Duty than I do to get into a building full of underage persons.

There is a strategy that needs to be put into place, and this sign is not part of it.

Bear mace is 1.5-3%.
Police is 10-15%.

initially*

Define law abiding? Half these shooters are law abiding till they arent.......

This.

This probably is the most underrated post. What if we just bully them further into not shooting. News outlets starts by stating that another school shooting happened. Next slide is not of the school but of the shooters face and penis. Have news anchors whole hearty chuckle at the "lil" guy. Next mass murder doubles thinks it.

>What are they gonna do shoot up news anchors?

The rest of the world looks at america in disbelief. In 2100 america might ban all guns including laser guns but how many 1000's of children would have died by the time you learn ? Australia had a school shooting. Port Arthur in 1996 35 people were killed. Australia banned guns even though gun owners fought it all the way. Would you believe it if I told you after they banned guns there has not been one mass shooting ?

How do you propose you take away guns from a populace who has had guns in their culture since the 17th century? A people who's founding fathers literally used guns to wrestle independence from a govt. they no longer supported? A people of 320 million who, even though they own well over 400 MILLION weapons collectively, have less than 1/100th of 1% of the population die from firearms each year (for all reasons , suicide included)?

How are you going to do it (Well let's clarify here. YOU won't do anything, because you are a candy ass)? Now I mean the actual physical removal of the weapons. Gonna pay for +400 million guns? Go home by home and ask nicely? Raids? Are you going to have people with guns force people with guns to give up their guns? Because that's what you will have to do, risking a real actual uprising in the process that would balloon the death rates due to firearms. The ultimate in hypocracy. But hey, lets move gun ownership from the hands of the many, to the hands of an elite few and consolidate the power of the oligarchy even more.

No thanks.

Holy shit you don't understand statistics.