2spooky

2spooky

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWEhNppy0to
youtube.com/watch?v=BD7f51av1Yk
clyp.it/ofz40rds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Where does the idea of Geogaddi being scary come from?
It isn't. Y'all naggers puss.

Seriously, BoC fans way exaggerate how different Geogaddi and even The Campfire Headphase are in terms of mood compared to MHTRTC. All three are comfy synthy music with light spooks. TH is the only one with an actually distinct mood.

never got scary vibes from Geogaddi, at most some of the samples are a little unsettling

I never got "scared" by it (I've never heard music that would scare me), but when I first heard it it was just when I started discovering music beyond radio andy friend's indie rock mp3s, so it definitely unsettled me. Still does. In a very nice way, though.

>tfw never been scared by music
someone give me a song to get scared to

Do you want to be scared or just unsettled or disturbed

youtube.com/watch?v=bWEhNppy0to

Slug Bait

any

Slug Bait is just edgy.

I've made a list of disturbing songs that I wanted to post for a Halloween article, but couldn't get to it. I scrapped a lot of songs to make it more genre-rich and actual list, though.

Cosmo Jarvis - He only goes out on Tuesdays
Tom Waits - What's he building in there
Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit
Sebadoh - As the world dies...
Current 93 - Black Ships ate the sky (not that spooky on face value until you find out the story behind it)
Dresden Dolls - Missed me (kinda fucked in the lyrics department)
Leather Nun - Slow Death (both versions)
Throbbing Gristle - Hamburger Lady
Suicide - Frankie Teardrop
Inhale - Breathing Water
Monte Cazazza - Distress
Tori Amos - Me and a Gun (she's literally reliving her rape in an acapella song)

As ibsaid, its a list, so the less spooky stuff is first. Bowie's Sense of Doubt is also slightly spooky once you hear the inexplicable pained moaning and Insomnia from Maja Ratkje is kinda disturbing in the first part.

ramleh - ramleh

Pharmakon, any song off of Bestial Burden, that record's fucked up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

??

pharmakon, in the grand scheme of pe or noise, really isn't that fucked up dude

It's spooky af for me, certainly not the most fucked up or strange record, but from a prespective of simply scaryness, nothing comes even closer for me.

I'm familiar with a lot of extreme Noise, and I think Pharamakon's music is up there with the most intense. The thing is, it's easy to just create cacauphonous screeches and nuclear blasts of static. Her stuff has a very gut wrenching aesthetic.

Not user btw

A horned god

Whats the story behind Black Ships ate the sky?

Tibet literally believes there's a God and Satan and he is absolutely sure one day Satan will send his ships to bring upon the Biblical apocalypse, destroying the heavens making it impossible for rapture/whatever other ascend to heaven. He also references his own life experiences like burying Balance to drive home that it's seriously about him and not a metaphor I guess. Apparently it's something that haunts his nightmares so he made it into a song.
That's all I could decipher from his insane babble.

youtube.com/watch?v=BD7f51av1Yk
YOU'RE A MESS A DISGUSTING FUCKING MESS

its mostly Devil in the Details that make it spooky

i feel like it i dropped acid listening to it i'd prolly go cray cray

hand of glory too

Moevot

gyroscope

bump for more spooky recs

Check out time machines by coil, but only if you have decent headphones.

It's not scary so much as it is kind of unsettling and uncomfortable, like you're in a place you shouldn't be. I mention the headphone part because if you listen to it in other ways it just sounds like generic drone music. Balance said the whole thing was "an attempt to create a rift in time with sound" and that is the vibe you get.

it goes for 66 minutes and 6 seconds

clyp.it/ofz40rds