EVE online is a MMORPG that has been running successfully for 15 years, it is a sandbox in the truest form...

EVE online is a MMORPG that has been running successfully for 15 years, it is a sandbox in the truest form, the politics, economics and wars are player driven and created. Everything in the game was sold on a market set up by players with materials shipped by players from players who made the parts out of materials processed by players from ore mined from asteroids or raw materials refined in player run factories on planetary bodies. The unforgiving nature of EVE is off putting to some because if something is destroyed in the game it is gone forever. Will there ever be another game to match EVE's playstyle? Star citizen looked promising but now it just looks like an npc driven empty universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0
youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0
obligatory

god I wish

doubt it

Normies don't wanna be that level of autistic so probably not

I beat the game like 3 times

and you're back again aren't you lol

MFW I miss dust 514

I cant stop playing user

eve is a waste of time

>spreadsheets in space
yeah nah

Do you still have to pay monthly to play? Fuck that.

to do the higher tier stuff yeah but you can now do a lot without paying.

i gave up on eve when they killed Walking In Station. i wanted to spend my spare time watching the exotic dancers in the nightclubs, but no. we were all trapped alone in the captain's quarters, staring at that fucking screen.

Is the playerbase still a gigantic bag of dicks and assholes?

Man I miss WIS so fucking much, they never even opened the door

yeah the nullsec guys are, that's why I want a different game of the same type because the bittervet faggots would die with eve

there are three videos up on youtube showing a demo of how it was going to work. shit was so cash. imagine how meta it would be to be playing a videogame with a character on the screen who is sitting down at a table to play a video game.

such a shame. my main had an amazing ass. i spent a lot of time walking her from the balcony to the quarters and back.

> be me
> taking load of mission loot to jita to sell
> one jump out
> suicide ganked by fucker

i lost maybe ten mil of loot and a ship worth five. inconvenienced me for all of ten minutes. i hope the shit-head got his money's worth.

EQ2, ya bitches!

I just wanted a place to hang out with others maybe gamble small amounts of isk while waiting for the fleet or when an enemy blob was keeping us ship spinning.

Can i ask what the fun if this game is? I wanted to get in on it but i dont know enough.

Also wouldn't i be fucked since most players are already established? Im assuming eve doesn't get many new players at all ever.

please don't abbreviate

Star Citizen is insane. They've milked their playerbase for so much money and it's not even out yet. Huge gamble because what if the excitement isn't there when it releases? They should've released something basic and improved on it as the money poured in.

Lmao high sec pirates are the lower than highsec miners IMO

I've cloaky camped a system for over 6 months without saying a single word to the inhabitants.

They hate me.

New players come all the time but the learning curve is steep so most burn out. The game is fun because it has so many high and low emotional moments and is super unforgiving. You would be fine because there isn't really an endgame, sure it would take you forever to skill into a titan but honestly subcaps are the most fun to fly and they are not bad to train into, try the free alpha clone skill for frigates and destroyers and join a chill faction warfare corporation. you be useful and have fun.

lmao you are both the worst and best part of eve

"Any body of men will be found to contain ten to fifteen percent of incorrigible troublemakers. In fact, most of the misery on this planet derives from this ten percent.

It is useless to try and reeducate them, since their only function is to harm and harass others. To maintain them in prisons is a waste of personnel and provisions. To addict them to opium takes too long, and in any case they are not amenable to useful work.

There is but one sure remedy. In future operations, as soon as these individuals are discovered, either by advance intelligence or by on-the-spot observation, they will be killed on any pretext. In the words of the Bard, "Only fools do those villians pity who are punished ere they have done their mischief."
- william s burroughs, "cities of the red night"

I have seen little clips of it and it looks like an empty procedurally generated game like that other one that was a disaster.

nice lmao also do you have minmatar and caldari station screenshots?

EverQuest 2, you bitches
>fixed it

>youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

the real version

only if your corp is cancer.

name one ship more aesthetic than the moa :protip you cant:

i'm The Mittani AMA

its all cancer my guy

If we suspect one of our corpmates is botting what do?

let them know the goons are always recruiting

why are you such a spook

I haul propane and propane accessories.

I doubt star citizen will ever be a thing

parents were kgb , they wouldnt even tell me their last name.

I will always love eve but it needs a replacement.

Better than FTP skinner box shit.

The MMORPG genre went to garbage in 2004 when WoW came out and everyone just wanted to make a me-too clone. And they have almost all universally failed, because themeparks and WoW clones are not how you make a long lasting MMO.

Social driven living universes are, and that's what they used to be like before WoW cancer. Eve keeps proving again and again how wrong all the publishers are

Exactly but CCP as of late has shown that they are caring less and less. Plus the community is getting more bitter as time goes on..

>tfw too dumb to enjoy it

Even though its boring as fuck, I actually enjoyed mining and doing some missions.

is the game still alive?
I really believe that it's deeply dead, this is clear once you reach 1-2 years of playing. GIve it 2- more years, and watch it be terminated

EVE is shit, play Elite Dangerous you fucking newfags

EVE is dying™ (since 2003)

>I actually enjoyed mining and doing some missions.
>its boring as fuck
it was boring as fuck because you were being a risk adverse carebear in highsec. don't play the game like a normal mmo, go be social and then go out and kill people. You not taking chances because you were scared of losing things is not proof that the game is boring.

It's also the slowest and most boring game I've ever seen, aside from shit like solitaire. Also, there's literally no chance for new players, since learning skills takes real time, and there's no way to speed it up via gameplay.

0/10, Try literally any other MMO, it'll be better.

Yeah because everyone hiding in non-pvp mode so they don't die sure is fun.

Fucking gay.

>I really believe that it's deeply dead
Subscription wise, not even close to dead

You've just showed how much you don't know about the game lol thanks leave

>play this newer even more shit game than a quality game that's been around for 15 years
>newfags
no thanks faggot, I want a good game not a flashy lights simulator.

Nah, Fuck you.

is the game growing then?

Get Gud noob.

>newfags
>Elite: Dangerous Initial release date: 16 December 2014
>Eve Online Initial release date :6 May 2003

nice b8 m8

>Implying EVE is even close to the masterpiece that is World of Warcraft

I really want to get into it, but I have my doubts... if you don't mind answering...

- How many hours do you play daily and weekly?
- Is there a way for a new player to have fun and advance in a year or two?
- Are the factions well balanced and is combat interesting?
- Are there events?
- Can you describe what your day-to-day gameplay is?
- What piece of advice can you give to a new player?

where the fuck is walking in stations amirite

No MMORPG is growing. But Eve has been stable for a decade.

Learn what horizontal progression is and then come back. PvP ready in a week

I loathe everything you stand for

>this is what theme park mmo's do to kids these days
you didn't like it because you didn't take peoples advice and leave the new player space. You also didn't give it a real chance. I know this because every new player that ignores peoples advice, doesn't want to lose a ship and then highsec mines until they burn out says this exact thing. Eve has given most of us more adreniline rushes and emotional roller coasters than any other game, thats why we spend so much time in it.

Jesus you triggered me so fucking hard with that bait

Itll die but itll last another 5 years.

I stopped playing eve years ago, I had fun.....but
People take that game way to seriously and I role play my toons so that shit got me in a lot of trouble

trouble? isn't a game supposed to be funny?

Nice troll
I remember when Cataclysmic came out, and Eve had to take in a bunch of WOW refugees
Those were some fun, yet annoying times in eve

Dude, that game is fun until you role play threats and they take them serious

I like how the word gank stems from EVE , now people use it everywhere

Don't think this is true

It's 100% true, league of legends was a few years short
The word originated from ganking people in eve online

> league of legends tries to take credit for the word ,but we were using it back in 2004

>Nowadays about an hour a day although I used to pour my life into it, different playstyles have different time commitments
>yeah it has a horizontal progression system so the biggest disadvantage you will have is knowledge of game mechanics
>factions don't mean much any more, faction warfare is all player run so it goes back and fourth but the big wars are all player corps(clans) that own their own space and have their own politics. Yes combat is interesting and although you can visually watch your ship up close in combat it isn't good for pvp because it makes things harder. that's why gameplay videos look less interesting.
>day to day now I get on discord with my corp, form a small gang of frigates or destroyers and go try to kill people in lowsecurity space, some days I haul goods to my corp's home station and sell them at a higher price for isk. Back when I lived in nullsecurity sspace I used to kill npc pirates for bounties until the corp either did a huge fleet op or had a hunter killer group that hotdropped bombers on expensive ships that were doing some pve
>Your ship is like ammo don't be afraid to lose it, join a corp and get out of highsec immediately and don't be afraid to switch corps, mining will burn you out don't do it, big ships look appealing but train frigates and destroyers first they are more fun to fly and are more useful for whatever you do. there is a lot to do in the game and most people don't know what to do and so they get bored corps are necessary for your first year basically to teach you don't be a lone wolf (you can still do things solo while in a corp)
fly dangerous newbro o7

Nah it's from hood slang/rap music /bros. Check Easy E's "no more ?s" lyrics from 1988 for the first recorded reference I can think of

asdf

Looked up the lyrics, that word's not in there

I can't tell if you're trolling but...

that word originated in rap songs in 1992. It was used common in MMORPGs as early as 1996.

Ruthless, my style as a juvenile
Ran with a gang, slanged in the meanwhile
Bankin,I specialized in gankin
Whites, Mexicans, brothers and others
>Copy pasta from genius lyrics

I made a corp just for Dust and no one played with me.

thanks man, I'm definetly getting in

And this song is 1988. But i really dont like Easy E all that much (other than :boys in the hood") so if we want to call it early 90s, I'm down. Still, is (criminal) slang

don't thank me you'll hate me soon enough, EVE is like a drug once you start you never truly stop.

I don't have a ps3..

that looks like master of orion 2
play that

Anyone else excited about a potential Silver Age for MMORPGs now that the cancer infested publishers have noped out of the genre, after failing over and over?

We've got 3 nice niche MMOs coming out soon from devs who actually know what they're doing and don't have publishers butt fucking them this time

>master of orion 2
Playing that garbage over EVE lol

what, a tale of toast?

which ones??

Which 3 are these?

Yes
I need better support for my hobbies >:

Fecking question stealer!

unless you're talking about my testicle...

literally wut

The 3 big are Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, and Pantheon.

Camelot Unchained and Pantheon have 2 of the most experienced and prolific designers behind them, and Crowfall is being made by the Shadowbane folks with assistance from Raph Koster who is probably the smartest MMO game designer that ever existed (ultima online and Star Wars Galaxies).

The one I'm most hyped for is Camelot Unchained because I like PvP, they're doing the most interesting things, they've got the most experienced designer (Mark Jacobs of Dark Age of Camelot and MUD fame), and have been 100% transparent. No micro transactions, they stream their offices daily so you see what they're working on, they look solid.

deserter my ass, more like my team looked gay