Can it be fixed?

Can it be fixed?

It's fucking ingrown. Have it pulled

The whole thing?

dude, visit a doctor.. you dont have to suffer this shit, i had that too.. he will give you one or two syringes in the toe and removes all the inflammed parts.. do it! you could get a blood poisoning btw, that could kill you

Go to the doctor and cut your toenails flat, don't cut the sides

go to foot doctor they need to cut that shit out

yeah just pull the toe off trust me im a footologist

it's just infected, go to the doctor it can still be fixed. you wait longer it might be no fix.

i had one on one side. It will not get better by itself you need to go to a podiatrist.

It is a simple procedure, you will probably need antibiotics for a week first (as it is infected), then they will cut the ingrown parts out.

Dude easiest way to prevent this shit is when you trim your nails make sure to trim a v in the center of your nails. Looks weird for a little while but it works

Seriously user I suffered ingrown toes for years before a close friend forced me to go to a doctor. They fixed it the next day, just a needle or two and he cut it all out. Honest truth I've never had an ingrown toe since and it's been almost 5 years.

Go to the doctor.

you need a toe truck nigga

I had this problem for years. Pulling the nail off didn't help at all. What did help was this strange thing that one cosmetologist put on my nail.
It's hard to explain but I'll try my best. She cleaned the inflamed tissue and after that so put clamps on both sides of the nail. Connected it on the middle of the nail and screw them which made my nail flat. I was walking with this shot for few weeks and it healed itself, nail went back to normal and I don't have this problem no more.
Ass to make you feel better

nope just kill yourself 100% guaranteed to help any issue and get your parents to notice you

Amputate immediately,, you have cat aids

This starts out with an infection because you cut or split off the side of the nail, the tissue swells up against the harsh edge created and worsens, becoming very painful.

You need to cut away any nail around and under the swelling so that the swelling can subside and it has a chance to dry out properly.

There isn't much point in seeing a doctor. They can only prescribe antibiotics which don't really allow this to go away.
Go to a podiatrist, they will cut the side of your nail out and kill it at the nail bed, this 100% prevents it happening again.

Source: I'm a dickhead who has had this about 6-8 times.

What's that shit on the sides?

It's mycelium. Buy an antifungal cream.
Throw out all old shoes and socks.
New shoes should be better than the one in which you now walk.
When I often wore cheap sneakers I had the same problems with nails.
And now, treat 3% with hydrogen peroxide and anoint with brilliant green (antiseptic)

What would happen if I just left it to heal by itself?

You would go stale like old pasta

no it can't

Nope, it's not that. It's an infection, not fungal.

no they usually cut like 1/5th from every side. but at this stage with that "Wildfleisch" it looks like there's an infection going on and is more deep than it looks at first glance

It doesn't just heal by itself. The conditions created by the swelling allow the infection to hang on.
I guess if you leave it the infection spreads, shit gets wild and you die.

The red shit is the tissue usually under your nail which swells.A LOT.

No, seriously you dumb poor fuck, go to the foot doctor. Or at least go to the emergency room. You're gonna die if you just sit there or lose that toe or that whole foot

I had one, didn't go to a podiatrist, just ripped that fucker out.

had a similar infection, but on only one side... I got antibiotics for a week because the infection wouldnt let the anesthesia have any effect

after a week, I came back to the doctor, he made a small cut at the bottom corner, "opened" it up and removed all the shit with some kind of spoon, then he cut the nail 2-3 millimeters so the nail wouldnt go in to the side of the toe where the infection was

afterwards he just sew it shut with 2-3 stitches and since then I have had zero issues with it

I'd imagine u need that procedure on both sides of the toe

Visit podiatrist if you are lucky they got brace for your toe and it won't hurt at all. If the doc says its too late visit a surgeon who will cut left and right of it. They will never rip anything out.

I seriously don't understand why everyone in this thread is crying so much, yes OP I do recommend you go to a doctor but I had a similar situation to you and I kept in clean, put cream on it and would put a fresh bandage and cotton wool on every morning and night. I would try and let it air out when I was home. But I don't know much about infections like everyone else is saying. But like I said I was in a very similar situation as you and I did what I just said and after a while it went away, I also stopped cutting the nail so it could grow out as normal and to stop it coming back I just stopped cutting the nail as often and would only cut it when it is above where it could jab into my toe again. Hope this helps

The infection is still localized, if more of the toe was inflamed I would worry but that's at least a few days off.

I mean, do something about it asap but there's no need to stress about losing toes yet.