/Noise/

Lets have a noise thread. There were some successful ones some weeks back so lets try again.

This is a thread to discuss noise music and related genres (dark ambient, oldschool industrial, black noise, etc)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hz-rVsSz1w4
youtube.com/watch?v=yQ7kTvpt3vs
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Ritual Ambient/
youtube.com/watch?v=D-sYzKFe74Y
youtube.com/watch?v=h4wCr3YBugo
youtube.com/watch?v=6pEv9MQNBvk
youtube.com/watch?v=9hLVPKNOk3s
youtube.com/watch?v=bbkVv6giCB8
youtube.com/watch?v=SpJgFJKPwjc
mega.nz/#!pIMQXYjA!1eGjw_D4Uc_V-qpsPvNaLAJRzmp5EwKUgyIGwhL6Egs
dagro.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=kwt3dxuT_yc
youtube.com/watch?v=WLnZ3rqkJqw&feature=youtu.be
zoidbergsbedroom.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=GHrHfBIX1Dk
pagodamast.bandcamp.com/album/black-sun
mega.nz/#F!wRoiSbjK!NeMn2Oiiwr9AQHbl6XNARQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5WvjXq2e9E4
christianlovers.bandcamp.com/album/ritual-chair-christian-lovers-split
soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/randy-quaid
minimalimpactnoise.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=YyCuvx0kYLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>noise
>music
pick one and take this edgy shit to Sup Forums

Keep listening to Radiohead friend :^)

youtu.be/hz-rVsSz1w4

youtube.com/watch?v=yQ7kTvpt3vs

Does anyone know anything much about "ritual ambient"? (I wouldn't really say it falls under the category of noise but definitely dark ambient).

I've been listening to a few artists lately: Vishudha Kali, Aural Holograms, Warden. I'd love to have some recommendations because it doesn't seem like there's too much information available about this style of music.

>Observed

I have heard the term being thrown around but I don't think I have ever actually heard anything that can be called ritual ambient. Maybe check RYM? rateyourmusic.com/genre/Ritual Ambient/

some of its good, some shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=D-sYzKFe74Y

Alexy Tegin (of Phurpa)

youtube.com/watch?v=h4wCr3YBugo

Ain Soph - I (kind of dark ambient/ritual/satanic stuff)

youtube.com/watch?v=6pEv9MQNBvk

Sigillum S - Bardo Thos Grol (similar to Ain Soph)

youtube.com/watch?v=9hLVPKNOk3s

Zero Kama - V.V.V.V.V

this is my favourite type of ritual ambient style stuff anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=bbkVv6giCB8

dl'ed this today, didn't get a chance to listen yet

ah, cool. I just got into power electronics and wanted to download consumer electronics - dollhouse songs. the zippy is dead in the archive. does anyone have it?
other than that I've been listening to a lof of ramleh and yellow swans discographies if you wanna count that as noise

nice b8

Vishudha Kali would be a good example of what I mean. It's ambient music with obvious influences from music used in religious rituals. Plus it tends to sound pretty creepy. Listen to that if you want to know what I mean.

Thanks my dudes.

who /aphextwin/ in here boys?

Nice trips
youtube.com/watch?v=SpJgFJKPwjc
Wuyuan is great

i can get you a download link in a few hours, i have to leave now, if you're still here i'll post

if not trolling, then thank you. x

Nevermind friend, i did it before i had to leave

mega.nz/#!pIMQXYjA!1eGjw_D4Uc_V-qpsPvNaLAJRzmp5EwKUgyIGwhL6Egs

enjoy

What's a good source of oscillator signal for noise/PE? The Korg Monotron Delay sounds nice but it seems it can't be programmed to continuously output a note.

tape loop + distortion

I'm doing that as well but I'd like the typical synth sound in my stuff as well

there are a lot of free synth vsts online you couod try out in ableton. Or even smart phone apps. Also mini synths.

Yeah pic related is what I meant in , but I don't think there's a way to make it continually output one sound without having to hold my finger on it for the whole time?
I'll have to make do with virtual, but I'd prefer not to

What I do to get synthy noise is feed my cheap Yamaha keyboard into some distortion and work with that. $99 keyboard and I bet you can find cheaper ones used. I think cheaper keyboards are pretty nice for this because they already are kind of “lo-fi” and scratchy even before distortion

I mean you can always just use a weight and place it on a certain key or chord on a keyboard

For anyone looking for hardware gear: the ms-20 mini with some effects is spectacular for drone, dark ambient, and similar "softer" noise styles.

You could just turn the release all the way up. Or if youre using a computer keep sending a midi note. Youre kind of getting stuck on something that doesnt matter though.

I mean, it does matter, I want the tone to be the central layer of the tracks.

I think you could maybe use a freeze pedal

I'll look into it, thanks. Looks like I'll just have to do with a PC for now.

How do I get into noise?

Use soulseek to download a bunch of harsh noise albums/splits

I need more bands like Rallizes and Fushitsusha. Help me out

great post man

if you're asking this question then it isn't for you

hi guys ^^
I have a friend whom makes noise and he's good so I'll link his bc page here:
dagro.bandcamp.com/

hi dagro, it's shit

unironically what do you guys think of this

1- I'm not dagro
2- it's not
3- chill dude
4- listen to japanoise

youtube.com/watch?v=WLnZ3rqkJqw&feature=youtu.be

Shut the fuck up

Start with Merzbow's discography.

Ayy you guys, gimme your favorite blackened noise, I need some for NBBMN. My favorite bands are Wold, Horrid Cross, Black Cilice, Axis of Light, and that one Russian outfit with the name I can't pronounce.

Start with Nic Endo

Can someone please explain to me what the appeal is to listening to this? I consider myself really open minded when it comes to music but this just escapes me.

I'd say start with dark ambient
what with it being halloween and all

Then you wouldn't understand. It's something that grows on you without explanation. This isn't the kind of music you'd listen to on your time for leisure.

Great my dude

zoidbergsbedroom.bandcamp.com/

take a look into my humble dumpster

It is me, i find it very relaxing.

Of course it is the music I listen to for leisure, stop making this a secret club for patricians only

Don't you think it sounds cool? Just watch them make those noises.

Rude

Pretty good

Crown of Bone

I have an album or two of theirs I can put up on Mega if you want

Is this album noise, or is it just heavily distorted synth music with screaming? Either way I like it. Thoughts?

Yes this is noise i like her albums. I like how her sound is more feminime and she has dance party tracks.

Please, that would be fantastic.

This is one of the first noise albums I heard where I really appreciated the texture of the music. I think it sounds like Velcro feels. But the Velcro is colorful and spicy.

Yeah I like all of her albums. They're not really heavy and harsh like merzbow. But still she makes really good noise, also she's hot.

shit this is pretty cool

Hey Sup Forumsd buds, quick question: Where's all the soft noise? not ambient/random tones but just chill noise.

youtube.com/watch?v=GHrHfBIX1Dk

How do you know for sure it’s a she, this is news to me

I love muslimgauze, really awesome noise. A shame he died recently.

This is one of my biggest inspirations really. I have a few tapes left if anyone is interested at all. I’ve posted around a couple times

Your tape, or Summer in my Veins tapes?

My tape. I’ve had a bunch of people love it so far but yeah I totally get if you’re not interested. I would love a summer in my veins tape though

post a sample. I'll give it a listen.

Post away, I probably haven't heard it if you've only posted it here a few times

fuckin lol sorry man i forgot i put that one behind a paywall here try it now

It’s a free DL on bandcamp so that’s something. What I do is quite literally heavily distorted synth music with screaming so there’s that

And of course I forget the link oops:
pagodamast.bandcamp.com/album/black-sun

lol, I found it from the picture. I'm listening now.

That's a Japanese actress, I think.

Also
>white boy worshipping asian girls
Pathetic

Yeah I was p sure this was a dude making this

Oh hey, looks like you've come a long way since I first saw your posts here. Taking a listen now. Do you have any social media to follow?

I don’t, I’m just on bandcamp. And yeah I definitely think my sound has come a long way. Dabbling in dungeon synth really opened up like a whole new world

here you go

>Crown of Bone - Throne of Cacophony
mega.nz/#F!wRoiSbjK!NeMn2Oiiwr9AQHbl6XNARQ

Not really noise per se but if you dig that I think most here definitely would like this shit. Sad that there aren't coming more releases. But I think they are on bandcamp and definitiely on soulseek

youtube.com/watch?v=5WvjXq2e9E4

Starting a Noise Rock band. Gimmie your best advice.

Have a good drummer. Every noise rock band needs a good drummer.

I’m now suddenly curious in noise rock with a drum machine

Was gonna edit that. I'm starting a noise rock project. I'm writing and plan on and possibly recording everything myself. Seeing as no one is particularly interested in noise rock where I am; I'm having to learn drums and guitar myself. I'm approaching as a bass player, and I want to highlight hypnotic Fugazi-esque bass and drum grooves pair with blaring noise rock effects. In my head it sounds like a good idea, but I'm open to suggestions. Does this even sound like a good idea?

Shamelessly posting my bands new split. Would love if you noise-bro's could critique it to hell and back.

christianlovers.bandcamp.com/album/ritual-chair-christian-lovers-split

pretentious hipster garbage

Ok, so I've never actually listened to Fugazi, but I'm a huge fan of Lightning Bolt, Melt Banana, and KFC Murder Chicks. If you're not planning on using synths, maybe you could find some inspiration from those first two bands. With noise rock, melody and harmony are less important, so you need to focus on rhythm and texture/atmosphere instead. Making interesting, complex, and engaging sounds is the best way to go, I think.

Or not... I'm just some guy from Sup Forums.

I could listen to it! I have a small blog (I write most of the stuff in swedish though but I would write in english if there's interviews)

We could make contact somewhere else if you want? Like kik or something more anonymous, so if I in case would review your stuff I could get more info.

Actually followed your bandcamp now, could make contact from there

This is awesome! Thanks man! You can hit us up at our email, [email protected]

Would sending fb-messages to you work as well?

I'm guess what I'm looking for is Post-hardcore with noise influences. I am a big Steve Albini fan and when I listen him, and other noise rock band, I get a feeling of claustrophobia. This is the sound I'm looking for.

At this point I'm just talking about the project. I've been learning guitar; and I'm picking up pieces to finish up the drum set so I can start learning/practicing those. I've been jamming with people for 3 years but nothing has stuck. It's exciting starting my own project. No need to sacrifice my own creativity, because a guitar player or drummer doesn't know what I'm looking for.

Hey guys, what do you think of my latest noise track? I've been thinking about making an album with samples that focus on american society and subversion by Russia in the election.

soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/randy-quaid

Just do what feels right to you. If you're not satisfied, try to improve the parts you don't like. It's the best way to get better. If you already have an idea of the kind of music you want to make, strive for that.

Ah alright then. If you're keen on some tape trades, I have done a few releases this year too

minimalimpactnoise.bandcamp.com/

>What is Big Black

Bless user, hope you get laid this week.

Melt Bananas later stuff

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=YyCuvx0kYLY

some stuff i made