How do local Koreans feel about the culture?

Is it true that getting someone plastic surgery as gifts is a thing? How do people there generally feel about it?

I know SK has a very Confucian culture, and personally I like it, I think family values are important, and there is no value in being a jackass in the name of freedom that western garbage likes to preach, in reality of course it's selling your flaws as some kind of virtue.

What is the dating culture like?

And if you are on 4cahn, how do you personally feel about your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o
youtube.com/watch?v=AAbokV76tkU
youtube.com/watch?v=RKhsHGfrFmY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeju_Black_pig
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_influence_on_Japanese_culture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Korea
>Culture
Pick one

It's like Italy of asia.

>Italy of Asia
???
How?

I don't quite recall Asian countries admiring Korean culture and send scholars to learn Koreans

They claim they've invented pizza.

Think Japan used to like a 1000 years ago

I'm no south-korean nor lived in South-Korea. But I have some understanding of the culture and country for various reasons.

Plastic surgery as a gift? It's not unusal, but not very common either. The thing is, the idol culture is very big. The pressure to look beautiful is like no other, perhaps especially in South-Korea. Some people simple doesn't care or bother, but seeing kpop, kdrama, models and advertisement everywhere doesn't exactly make it any easier for women, especially teens which gets influenced quite heavily. There have cases where mothers give their daughters plastic surgery if they do well at school, the school-pressure is very high.
To make it short. Plastic surgery is relatively cheap, easy to get and the doctors are good at it. Making South-Korea the most popular and best country at plastic surgery.

Most people accept plastic surgery, it's more normal and accepted than ever. Some people don't like it though, especially old people. Makes sense. I'm personally not a big fan of it.

Dating culture is very lacking until university or adult life. The drinking culture however is somewhat big, people drink and social. Either they work or drink normally. South-korea have long work hours. So relationship and marriage often find place either in university, drinking or workplace.

How do I feel about the country? They are hard-working, polite and kind. But they're definitely not perfect. But they are intelligent and have many good values. I respect that.

Don't post this fucking disgusting shit flag every fucking night.

nah

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o

Bill wouldn't lie to me

>Is it true that getting someone plastic surgery as gifts is a thing?
true. tho everyone here is gonna try to deny this, so i say if you really need valid sources just read korean news papers like Chosun Ilbo

Good post Norway

you seem to be confusing korea with china (sui and tang)

>Chosun Ilbo
Of course,you have a very objective and reliable source.

no, go to 0:54

Do not speak to me you fucking fugly roach.

wow, why do you hate worst korea?

I need more songs like this
youtube.com/watch?v=AAbokV76tkU

What about kpop and kdrama? Do you not listen to it, or is it like the pop garbage that west produce?

Is there any aspect of your culture that you like, or something you appreciate about being Korean? For example obviously western anons here don't like promiscuity in women but their culture has good work ethic compared to India, I personally don't like the backwardness and fear of change in my country but the spiritual aspect and history is worth cherishing.

I prefer Crooked, it's hype.
youtube.com/watch?v=RKhsHGfrFmY

care to hear? leave us alone bitch.
You like niggers, Jews and Muslims?
Same thing. We are not like you faggot.

wat wat

I bet you're a burger marine faggot roleplaying.

why you so toxic?

Hello :^>

> (You)
>Is there any aspect of your culture that you like, or something you appreciate about being Korean? For example obviously western anons here don't like promiscuity in women but their culture has good work ethic compared to India, I personally don't like the backwardness and fear of change in my country but the spiritual aspect and history is worth cherishing.

Korean meme culture is only korean culture I like.

Chosun Ilbo is shit but its still the most popular korean news paper and a lesser piece of shit. other papers are soaked with lefty propaganda and its closer to tabloids or some political PR campaigns. tho Hankyoreh sometimes writes good articles.

and the plastic surgery thing isnt really covered only by them but most of your media actually does, including lefty media like Hankyoreh. most likely they arent intend to cover up the fact unlike you.

if you dont give credit to all of them it means korea has no media.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeju_Black_pig
>The Jeju Black Pig (제주흑돼지/jeju heuk-doe-ji) is a breed of domestic pig found on the Korean island of Jeju-do.
>Until quite recent times, the pig was kept in order to dispose of human waste. They were housed in sites built below the outside latrines where their "food" was directly delivered (see pig toilet). This practice was still current in the 1960s but has now given way to more conventional feeding. Some commentators are adamant that this change has adversely affected the taste.[4][5]

>lefty propaganda
Stopped reading there.

if you mean baekje and shilla, it's the other way around.
baekje sent those stuff to yamato-japan as tributes to curry favor with it, expecting protection.
this relationship is even documented in chinese records, one of which (book of sui) says:
新羅百濟皆以倭為大國多珍物並敬仰之恒通使往來 (shilla and baekje see japan as a big country that has many rare stuff and pays respect, exchanging envoys)

I didn't have intention to deny the whole plastic surgery thingy,who cares whether someone wants to modify their looks or not.It's none of my business.My point is that your irresponsibility of "just go read Chosun Ilbo,then you'll get all things figured out" attitude to 3rd party countryman.you have to recommend at least multiple sources so reader wouldn't get any bias.

I'm actually offended by this comment

Why should I spell it out for you.

It has nothing to do with us to begin with. You westerners are weird, pretending to be nice person, letting people who got grudges against your country, till your country and towns are getting completely cucked and raped, then you suddenly start hating and segregating them in public. We keep on hating gook rats. It is based, nothing more nothing less.

t. Davido-kun the eigo sensei from Sup Forums

Stop reading Sup Forums and r/the_donald

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_influence_on_Japanese_culture

I don't know what to believe

he is a notorious shitposter who has crippling mental issues, spamming these same gibberish for years. just ignore this guy.

>this intolerant attitude
yeah thats the limit of what you can do even though you seem to be "liberal"
btw im liberal too tho

i read both your right and left media. its just that the politics of your country basically still keeps pivoting around classic left ideology that has nothing to do with modern liberalism but clings to the ideological standard of cold war era.

and again, the plastic things are covered by any sort of your media. they dont really try to hide it but normally report it with some details surveys and studies.

Is he native or just your average American expat?

>intolerant
About what, faggot? I thought it was you being intolerant towards those '''''liberal''''' newspapers.

>muh plastic
>Implying we don't know

At least use a tripcode so I can filter you.

>Is it true that getting someone plastic surgery as gifts is a thing?
"Happy birthday, shitface! Here's a bunch of money to make your face more bearable to look at"

he is likely to be actual japanese.

that's not a contradiction in the first place. the article says about that pretty much
>Since the Korean Peninsula was the cultural bridge between Japan and the Asian continent throughout much of Far Eastern history,

it was a bridge between china and japan.

then you should bring up more trustworthy media or sources here.
the reason that i suggested it to him is that all of you korean posters on Sup Forums always instantly deny this shit before giving it a thought.

even if i tried hard to make an argument none of you would try to have a discussion with me. i just learned it.

at this point, i havent recognized a single one of actual arguments from you. theres only your trash talk

Ah, thanks for clarifying

Seems like you three had a good relationship going, pity you guys all hate each other now

>Argument
But I only see baits, Davido-kun?

Now fuck off.

yea I guess their media playing a huge part in pol thats what Im thinkin too. Their new president is basically like a gook version of Erdogan. I payed a visit to my korean matey living in seoul a year ago, one day I had a chance to walk the streets of very Seoul on my own. There, I saw a group of protesters protesting about somthing, and as I was about to walk past them, a random girl came up to me outta nowhere, started asking my age and nationality (guess she has a degree in english or something judging by her level of fluency). I told her im Aussie, then she started givin me a quick rundown on the history of korean war and other shit. after that, she started to claim that its actually the U.S and its allies caused the korean war in the first place thus they the ones who are in the end responsible for the divison of korea. I just quietly sat through the whole shit she was lecturing me, but deep down I was like wtf why is she telling me dis does she know that more than 40000 of our lads had died for the sake of peace of this country? the girl then said Mr. Moon will fix this. Turns out that Mr.Moon she was referring to is now the current president of S.K

Fuck you beggar. You beggars are shameless rats leeching us every fucking time and always you fuckers are week. Moon or Goon, your communist faggot shamelessly asked the FIFA commissioner to beg another world cup together with us, North shit Korea and chinks, you are fucking sickos despite you have no power to held international events on your own, more over you have not yet paid all the cost you loaned fucking money from in the world cup in 2002. Pay dembts you fuckers.
Get your fact straight, you gooks are just misery nigger tier leeches getting benefits and nothing gained from there. We invited the world cup in 2002 on our own at first, then you intervened, consequently you motherfuckers ruined it by your usual ugly behavior. You whinny faggiots still crybabies, despite your comfort bitches took money in their pocket. Fucking sissy bitches get over it and stand own your feet once if you could. Fucking losers you are psycho bitches crying and helping your master white, but reality is no body fucking cares you son of bitches. Cry more and never try to bother us. Keep sucking China's ass and America's cock. You will never get real friend babies. You faggots are just flipping you monkey asses as showing them,"Please look at me I am useless good boy or I am better boys and girls.

>"Just see Chosun Ilbo and you'll get the idea"
>Called out for irresponsibility
>"Then why don't you provide sources?"
I'm confused here.I said you shouldn't just say that because of potential bias and he pulls this weird "you should bring up sources then!"argument out of his ass.I thought YOU were making an argument not me.Providing multiple sources in order to diminish bias is
a common sense not something opposite side should provide.

Fucking /moon/tards. They're worse than ilbe(korean Sup Forums)

>Triggered this much by 1(one) sentence
kek, Why are Japanese on Sup Forums so autistic?

I'm sorry but he is a infamous spammer known to have a serious mental disorder. just ignore this guy.

yea I believe not all Mr. Moon supporters are like them... I dunno mate... id just wanna hope your vote counts for the nxt couple of years. no hard feelings.

>just ignore this guy.
Yes, just let it go, koreanbros. Just forget everything that happened, like war crimes, comfort women, etc...

All these replies and I get few answers for my OP questions

what the heck?
You are the whiners (winners) when it comes to autism.
You are the autistic sickos about whining over muh history.

Post more hates on us your endless curse and swear threads in every opportunity you come across, weak bitches.

I apologize for those japanese spams here. please report them.

>being this ironic
>lacking this much self-awareness

Guys I think he's actually autistic

>getting someone plastic surgery as gifts

Never heard of it, and it's preposterous thing to even our standard. But can't say it would never happened.

I meant as a graduation gift, from parent to children and so on.

>Korean culture
I guess it seems playing well enough, I suppose, I mean, for an awkward watered-down japanese clone, but of course, it gets old fast. Especially if you're familiar with other asian culture.

>she started givin me a quick rundown on the history of korean war and other shit. after that, she started to claim that its actually the U.S and its allies caused the korean war in the first place thus they the ones who are in the end responsible for the divison of korea. I just quietly sat through the whole shit she was lecturing me

this shit is one of typical popular beliefs they believe in. its difficult to summarize what it is but the process is very much like how western SJWs start to believe what they do is completely right and that they dont have any flaw. Its what "motivates" them, its what "solidifies" them. they tend to justify their solidarity more than anything else.

the facts are always treated as the alternative options to reinforce their solidarity. so if some fact doesnt work for it or weakens it , its almost automatically gonna be buried somewhere deep down. most media also goes down this way.
and yes, they tend to "lecture" something and also be "lectured" by media.

well i dont even get what you are talking about and focusing on. you can do whatever you want. i just told you like you could do this or else that before instantly denying that plastic surgery things.
hope you make your own argument about it before going full denial. i think every attempt is ok if its based on the facts. just let me say one thing, you need some critical thinking or insights to convince someone else at least.

I just googled it. Yeah, somehow it seems true. Just nuke this thick-skinned shithole already.

Stfu boat rats

>Dating culture
It would remind you of typical dating you associate with, though I guess virginity before marriage is history now.