all of them

starving in the belly of a whale

The old ones, when he had a voice.

stairway to heaven

the earth died screaming

Chocolate Jesus

Every-Goddamn-one of them. The man is an icon
He's always sounded like he gargles with glass shard filled gasoline

That's a tough one. maybe "Train Song" or "Ruby's Arms". He's my favorite so it's almost impossible to choose.

God's away on business

ponchos lament

John Cusack is that you?

Hard call, let's say it's this one
youtube.com/watch?v=My0Lo5fR68g
tomorrow it might be another one.

small change got rained on with his own .38, and shiver me timbers.

john cusack always rides around town on his little faggy moped here in chicago. He'll go into coffee shops, cut in front of customers, ridicule those who say they like his work or ask him for an autograph. He's friends with people like Jeremy Piven, who goes out to eat at upscale steak places like Gibsons and will tip waiters with DVD sets of Entourage.

The both of them are truly the cities treasures.

Hell broke luce

youtube.com/watch?v=ccVC5MjZEfs

The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me)

moar stories?

Cusack's one of the Himmmms on CDAN. His Twitter is a collection of idiotic ideas. Loves Tom Waits. Not sure what to make of this.
I thought he lived in LA?

Seconded

Why kids talking about John Cusack?

these

Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis, but that changes all the time.. But I do love me some Tom Waits...

Hell broke luce

I've never understood the appeal of his music. Can anyone explain or direct towards a track that might help me appreciate his music?

try this

High Ho
youtu.be/KISFemeHOC4

he splits up his time between here, LA and new york. He grew up in evanston, which is the suburb just to the north of Chicago. His parents and the pivens were big patrons of the local theater scene.

I will say, his sister Joan is super nice. I've run into her a few times when I lived in lincoln park about 10 years ago, and she was always super friendly. Don't know about his 2 other sisters tho.

No. You're on your own.

Dead and Lovely

But probably just because Wristcutters is like my favourite movie.

Tom Waits - Hope I don't fall in love with you

Try listening to an anthology like Used Songs. The appeal is that he's a master lyricist and has a diverse unusual musical catalog.

loves Tom waits is all

Ah, ok.

he ran the gamut, did some country back in the 70's and late 60's, did a lot of jazzy experimental stuff.

I always loved Tango Til They're Sore:
youtube.com/watch?v=FT5h5scsQFY

I always thought of it as the kind of music you'd hear in New Orleans on a hot summer night getting drunk in an abandoned buildings doorway shortly before you're arrested for vagrancy.

Thanks. I actually liked that one. Most of what I've heard of him has been a bit abrasive which might be part of the appeal for some but not for me.

Graveyard Polka

Also a good song. My mistake was probably in just clicking on the most watched videos on youtube. I didn't really like hell broke luce. Maybe I'll browse through a few more.

It's like falling in love with a really imperfect girl. At first you wonder how you can be attracted to her, but after a while your perception changes and you get honestly bored by perfection and flawlessness.

Alice. There's only alice

Kentucky avenue

Goddamn

impossible to chose a fav but this comes close especially live such a great atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=DDBHscMTECw

No.

Martha! Damn...the feelings!

Good choice.

eggs and sausage

> The hung a sign outside of town
> "If you live it up, you won't live it down"