Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-YYuWEfHDhA
youtube.com/watch?v=AQBh9soLSkI
youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w
youtube.com/watch?v=Bam1B3Ru12Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i hate that i can't prove you wrong

but does that make it bad user?

Maybe that's what I wanna listen to sometimes, leave me alone.

It isn't impressive or remarkable in any way, and knowing this inevitably detracts from the listening experience.

This album really isn't about the musical content though its more about the production and otherworldly and old-timey atmosphere

i simultaneously agree with the both of you

It's not for you man.

I dig it though

what's this called i dont know a lot of rock

An Empty Bliss Beyond this World - The Caretaker. It's just a bunch of old vinyl samples with some added crackles and noise for added authenticity. Like everyone said, it's not particularly amazing, but it just creates this atmosphere that sends you back in time.

this album is a bit of a snoozefest at times but there are certainly times where you want to be in that kinda mood. track 14 is just lovely as well.

ok im listening and the reverb and popping i think detracts from the music and make it harder to listen to. does this mean im not a true millennial?

Means you haven't learned to appreciate lo-fi sound as a creative tool in it's own right maybe

still listening and i gotta say the selections are really nice but the quality is near unlistenable.
this is some true hipster bs and i love most stuff people call hipster bs but this is the limit.

no man i love lofi sounds, this is bad-fi not lo-fi

To be honest Everywhere At The End of Time is shaping up to be his magnum opus

it's like "lo-fi hiphop to chill and study to" but instead of adding more rhythmic elements, the artist has actually broken what rhythms were present in the original pieces

Fair enough I think this level of lo-fi suits what they're going for with the album perfectly but then again I can enjoy lo-fi as bad as Mayhem's first demo
youtube.com/watch?v=-YYuWEfHDhA

honestly if you look up the original songs that are being sampled it definitely sounds different. i get that it's all sample-based and not anything super crazy but he did definitely create a specific atmosphere. kinda like disintegration loops or something

>i dont know a lot of rock

the sound quality on what you posted makes it nice and adds to the music. the sound quality in OP's album detracts from the music

>detracts from the music
>detracts from the music
>detracts from the music
it's all you can say about it?

This definitely reminded me of Disintegration Loops as well

this
it's like the late dementia version of AEBBTW

>it's like "lo-fi hiphop to chill and study to" but instead of adding more rhythmic elements, the artist has actually broken what rhythms were present in the original pieces
it makes it harder to listen to and i just wish i were listening to the original recordings. im a big fan of artists who manipulate recordings into something more interesting or more pleasing. i think the opposite was done here.

any albums that sound like scooby doo music

give me an example of scooby doo music

Ghost - Meliora

no reply because no one wants to admit that the embarrassing truth that "lo-fi chillhop gaming study beats" is better than this hipster rock album

music isn't a contest, it's just about how it feels to you
i really like this album but i like stuff like zoviet france, to me it's in that zone
someone said baskinski as well, yeah that

listening to part 3 the first time was fucking terrifying man, it plays into the conceptual side of his work perfectly in a very real, vivid way no one else I can think of really captures

seriously someone try to refute this
youtube.com/watch?v=AQBh9soLSkI is the better version of AEBBTW

any other music similar to caretaker?
youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w

Camaraderie at Arms Length>all

This, If you want to listen to literally just old samples why not listen to the old samples themselves?

The music itself isn't particularly complex, or much of anything at all, what matters is the effect that the Caretaker's stuff has on you
Kind of like Satie or Part, you need to import your own thoughts and prejudices imo
youtube.com/watch?v=Bam1B3Ru12Q
He was inspired by the Shining ballroom scene, and I'd say he hits the nail on the head in terms of the effect it had on me when I first watched it
A sort of uncanny nostalgia

>hipster rock album
have you listened to the album user?

Is this the most successfuly shilled album on here

Stage 2 is probably my favorite so far, very melancholic, and first track already sets the mood for the rest of the series

yes, it's a hipster album with a rock on it.
and it accomplishes goals similar to lo-fi chill gaming nostalgic hiphop beats just far less effectively or beautifully.

this, music is about feeling. The way it was created is irrelevant. The contextual reasoning for the way it sounds also is important. It being sampled music makes this concept even more important because it's literally about memory, and sampling music is remembering.

eh. sounds nice to me. eerie but comfy atmosphere. next.

it's music about music