Is it possible to have been a man born 1995 until about 2002 and for your first big introduction to music not have been...

Is it possible to have been a man born 1995 until about 2002 and for your first big introduction to music not have been one of the Tony Hawk game soundtracks? I didn't realise how much of the music in these games I still really enjoy until I went back and played this the other day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KcXouGX5tzc
youtube.com/watch?v=4SSmXxXKGuI&list=PLAA153B615327425B
youtube.com/watch?v=yxybXTTbX_8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not everyone played video games as a child. but then again I'm from 1993 so maybe I was born too early for them idk

Yeah same here, it's where i first heard a lotta punk: misfits, bad brains, descendents etc...

I remember I had one of the GameCube Madden games and I never really played it but I still liked to put it on and just listen to the menu music and create a bunch of teams with the best players.

nice quads.

skateboards are for fags, even my 10 year old me understood that. so no this was not my first introduction to music. that was nfsu2.

this was mine. it introduced me to a lot of college radio stuff from the 90's-early 2000's. most notably Jawbreaker.

Burnout Revenge OST was better.
THPS 3 had the best OST from the series

THPS1-3 are good imho
if you didn't think the soundtracks sucked by the time THUG came out you are a pleb (or just younger than me)

AW had NIN, good enough for me.

exactly

Pleb

Big THPS2 fan here.

>Guerilla Radio - RATM
>Bring the Noise - Public Enemy/Anthrax
>Pin the Tail on the Donkey - Naughty by Nature

Actually, that's about it. The rest of the soundtrack was sorta trashy Blink 182 knockoff shit haha. Good memories.

if you're a true thps fan you can name this song
BADADUH DUHH
DADADANANANADANA
BADADUH DAANAA BANANA DA DUHHH

the thps games had a good soundtrack and all but this takes the cake, I loved every song on it as a kid

youtube.com/watch?v=KcXouGX5tzc

was hyped whenever this came on, still crank it up every now and then

Unironically best classic video game soundtrack for me was the Disney's Skate Adventure on Gamecube. Where's Your Head at? By Basement Jaxx was the best.

TAKE ME TO THE PIZZA HUT

>listening to video game soundtracks with licensed tracks instead of an original score

>OODLES AND OODLES OF Os AND OODLES AND OODLES OF OH

>not burnout 3

>listening to video game """""music"""""
lmao ok

Was born in 1995, Tony Hawk games obviously had a big musical influence on me but so did the SSX games and later on so did Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero got me into Sonic Youth when I was in middle school, and that was my gateway into everything else I ever got into ever.
Can't speak for anyone else but I obviously fucking play the game and hear the music through that, and if I like anything I hear I check out the song separately after the fact, you pretentious git

SO HERE I AM

youtube.com/watch?v=4SSmXxXKGuI&list=PLAA153B615327425B

is there an active community for competitive ssx tricky i think i could be a champ

Vice City and San Andreas had a bigger impact on me but I dug a lot of the THPS stuff too.

>Guitar Hero got me into Sonic Youth when I was in middle school, and that was my gateway into everything else I ever got into ever.

This

is there? I fucking hope there is, don't have a ps2 atm so I haven't been able to play for a good while but I would fucking love the shit out of being able to play those games with other people.
Tricky and 3 are GOAT but the original SSX is fucking rad also, that one always seems to get overlooked. A lot simpler and doesn't really have any of the wild tricks with feet off of the board but it's a solid as fuck game and it has my favorite aesthetic out of the entire series hands down. It has a bunch of cool European drum and bass/big beat tracks and the art style is super interesting

Born in 97, most of my early taste was from Tony Hawk and other action sports games. I've pretty much started really expanding my taste this past year.

HERE I AM HERE I AM

hah there's Sonic Youth for sure but the Tom Morello guitar battle had me sperging over making bizarre sounds with my guitar for like 2 years straight and I annoyed the shit out of my parents with it. Later on when I started digesting Daydream Nation my mind was blown from the guitar tones on there, now I really appreciate the album for everything else and more than just the guitar techniques and skill and whatnot, but from that point in time the way they played guitar insanely influenced the way I play guitar more than I could ever comprehend

I'M BACK ON THE MOUNTAIN AGAIN

SO LET ME STAND

AFI was on the first bands I found on the TH3 Game. Been an AFI ever since. . .

IF I FALL BACK DOWN
YOU'RE GONNA HELP ME BACK UP AGAIN

Skate had a better soundtrack then any Tony Hawk game.

C L A S S I C
L
A
S
S
I
C

youtube.com/watch?v=yxybXTTbX_8

It does suck when games have "soundtracks" made out of pre-existing tracks.
There are better alternative user, and no it doesn't mean "video game music" like final fantasy OST.
For example, look at the Ghost in the Shell (PS1) soundtrack.
It's all made by actual techno producers, and overall produced by Takkyu Ishino who is a japanese techno legend. Other artists contributing to the soundtrack are Hardfloor, Westbam, they're all actual techno producers, not associated with video games, but actually got to produce original tracks for the game.
That's how you make a soundtrack. Not getting a bunch of MTV songs and call it a day.

I liked the Tommy Guerro song

You didn't need to end that sentence like that.

fifa 2004 gome obssesed with radiohead - myxomatosis when i was 9 years old

YA YA YA YA YA

>not listening to the perfectly curated radios in Fallout: New Vegas while also being able to listen to and appreciate its original soundtrack

plebs

undoubtedly best soundtrack

>Adolescents
>Alien Ant Farm
>Del
>CKY
>Motorhead

You'll have to go through me

i was born in 94 and i never played any...although when i more seriously got into music around 13 it was coincidentally through a lot of underground hip hop like aesop rock and cannibal ox who happened to be featured in those games