NHL vs. NBA

Can someone explain to me why the NBA is getting any attention right now when it's been two teams set in the final all year, and the NHL has been competitive and fun to watch, but gets zero coverage?

How much can we talk about the Cavs and Warriors sweeping series when there are real sports going on?

>Sport A is more popular than Sport B

Basketball is the more popular sport. You can go to any park and get into a pickup game. It's not quite as easy with hockey.

Even come playoffs time in Canada, it's easier to play baseball and basketball outdoors. Heck even tennis and soccer are gaining ground here.

>he watches men dance around on ice in ice skates during summer

No wonder nobody likes your shit sport

The worst nba game is more exciting than the best NHL game

Sir I'm going to have to ask you to turn in your leaf now

because it's murica and it's niggerball

>the leaf behind every shitpost

Basketball gets marketed substantially more and its more accessible to consumers. Playoff hockey is usually more fun to watch though, especially right now since parity doesn't exist in the nba and it does in the nhl

nba has a crossover with hiphop culture
hiphop culture is central in american popular culture in the 21st century
nba therefore has crossover with popular culture and is a pleb magnet
I bet the amount of die hard nba fans watching the playoffs is equal/less than the amount of die hard nhl fans watching the stan lee playoffs

One has games on ABC, ESPN and TNT while running adverts constantly, the other has them on USA and NBCSN while having no publicity.

With the NBA you realize you are watching all-time great teams and players and so you appreciate their dominance. Hockey feels like a coinflip most of the time. Just a tornado of shit and out pops one team or the other. It doesn't hold as much significance.

espn does not have broadcasting rights, and they purposely suppress coverage of the NHL as a result. It does them no good to divert attention away from their channels / parent company

I honestly think they need to just bite the bullet and pay nbc for a few games a week, cuz there nothing else to watch in October on non-football/baseball days

There just nothing going on in ice fight. No drama, no personality, no lit shit. LaVar Ball interviews prolly get higher ratings then ice fight games.

Just a boring sport fa-m.

Why can't the NHL draw like the NBA?

Usa ratings are an afterthought. Canadian ratings keep the lights on

Sure am glad I didn't get to see Babe Ruth play.

This 1-run game between two average teams is so much better.

Your music is bad Aubrey.

Because Americans are retarded and love their mindless nigger sports. How anyone can enjoy football and especially basketball is beyond me. Zero parity, NBA has legitimate crooked refs/league officials. NFL is nothing but commercials, and basebore is complete trash and more luck based than hockey

Because fuck hockey

You have to go back, Pablo.

Hockey has 2 unpopular teams playing right now, ducks and Ottawa, if it were rangers vs penguins and Nashville vs oilers it would be a different story

Go ethnic cleanse somewhere else, Dragan.

You have to stop watching shit sports Cletus

You first, Paco.

Football (soccer) fan here.

I am able to enjoy watching ice hockey, while i am not able to enjoy basketball.

I never understood what is supposed to be so exiting about basketball, i'd rather watch eggball to be desu.

Because hockey doesn't have enough minorities