So why isn't American football popular in other countries and practically unknown in the third world...

So why isn't American football popular in other countries and practically unknown in the third world? Is it just legitimately too complicated for non-whites to follow?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GUtJB5jBOis
youtu.be/YAjvGFO3Ruc
youtu.be/f0Bm3FgtIPc
youtu.be/iKO_9iQs3l8
youtu.be/rnjZU7Hp8yk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because people want to sit and watch sport not a bunch of ads with a bit of sport in between

Sup Forums doesn't call soccer poverty ball for no reason, they can't afford to play anything else

That's what divegrass is when they're walking and jogging at a leisurely pace and the only thing actually moving on the field is the automated ads on the walls.

>b-because the clock is running means there is something """""""""happening"""""""""

no

The best games starting at 11PM and ending 2AM at earliest are a pain in the ass

They have association football (soccer).

This is also a factor. Thank god NBA league pass streams exist, but for other things? Having to see cancerous commercials makes me mad. Just decorate the jerseys with ads and fuck off with the rest of them.

>comparing literal television commercial breaks with digital advertisement boards displayed around the field

Son, you might just be retarded. Call your ISP and have your internet disconnected ASAP. No one will miss you.

They're cutting back on commercial, will probably do the Nascar type shit where ads play in the corner of the screen in between plays. Football is a lot of standing around regardless of the ads. People don't like being ripped away from the game to watch a fucking state farm commercial

>Is it just legitimately too complicated for non-whites to follow?
Football is probably the lowest IQ sport I could think of. Also, basically half of football fans are black.

lol, nerdy nigger detected. just mad you get no pussy.

>So why isn't American football popular in other countries and practically unknown in the third world?

Aren't you guys actively telling us to not watch it?

It's genuinely shit.

Atleast rugby is somewhat fun to play and to watch but football is just dumb shit only fatmericans can watch.

I'd tell you the real reason, that association football was widely exported by British sailors, military and colonials in late 19th century, thus became ingrained in the culture of most countries in the world.
But I prefer to tell you that for the price of 1 (ONE) American football helmet you can get equipment (jerseys, shorts, boots, ball) for 15 association football players + referee.
So yeah, "povertyball".

it's one autist

There is a manlier version named rugby I think

That is also more fun to play and watch

Don't encourage non-Americans to post on Sup Forums. Thank you.

This is a pretty valid argument, association football got popular because sailors and merchants played it and showed it to the locals, just like American merchants did in Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic and Japan got baseball popular. You have to make it endearing for the average Joe who can't afford to buy a NFL football, helmets and shoulderpads.

you can't be a manlet and succeed in football
you have buy pads and helmets etc, soccer only needs a ball and some nets

pretty much this

They don't grow up playing the sport because that much equipment is expensive as hell for a full team, whereas with soccer all you need is a mesh jersey, a ball, and two easily portable goals. Since nobody in the third world really plays, nobody follows it either. Same logic applies with things like hockey, bobsledding, or curling.

American football was meant to be an american-only thing to raise your patriotism. Also it's too slow-paced for people accustomed to association football, basketball, volleyball, you know, sports where there's action most of the time

Like 70% of the league is black, apparently those "non-whites" have no problem following it

because despite anything that euros will tell you, soccer really is the only sport they care about. it's been hammered into their psyche, like a child raised by wolves, they don't know anything else.

futbol is much simpler and funnier on an amateur level, just some kids and a goal, hoofing a ball

Poor production from American broadcasters. If they allowed football to be played in its purest form it would be popular the world over. But America likes being cucked by jews and so they allowed jews to creampie their sport and fill it with juicy commercials and sponsored replays.

It's a legit shit sport.
Plus,, you can't even practice on your own.

if you can practice on your own it's not a team sport.

Football is a team sport more than any other. Yet I can still pick up a ball and practice dozens of things on my own.

Because there is rugby league, which is basically a superior faster moving version of your ad egg

it's a solo sport. in real football, a team with an average skill set and above average game plan is frequently the champion.

And rugby union which is a better and more sophisticated version of that

True but why not the E.U.? They have exposure and the capital to afford it, and you are overestimating the helmet price quite a bit it's like less that 200 bucks so maybe the cost of one soccer "kit" not including those fancy ultra light clears. And the helmets last for years so it's a longer investment than jerseys and shorts.
Steve Smith would disagree
I would like to get into rugby but it's not fair to say it's better than football they're very different outside of the fact they both have oddly shaped balls.

It's no more of a team sport than American football. In American football you are trusting your teammates with your literal life. If they miss blocks, don't communicate etc. You can get destroyed by a giga nigga who weighs 200+ and runs a 40 yard dash in less than 5 seconds.

This is why le foot is finally catching on Murrika. Yanks find being able to watch 45 mins of uninterrupted sport as an amazing novelty.

You can run laps on your own. That should be a part of training for any team sport that requires fitness.

The real reason is because the media companies don't push for the sport to become popular. Most followers of any sport are sheeple who simply follow the sport because that's what's expected of them, and if they had been born in the USA they would be watching handegg instead of football.

>muh uninterrupted "action"
>muh autism can't handle commercials

Quality > Quantity
Deal with it, nerds.

physical fitness isn't a skill that you can practice. running laps doesn't teach you any football techniques.

I can only assume lack of money to pay for equipment and lack of nutrition to grow to proper size

Also cfl is better, why do you need a smaller field and an extra down? Are you pussies?

>commercials are quality

solid customer

>True but why not the E.U.?
>They have exposure

Not really. You can follow it if you actively go looking for it, but it doesn't have the same subliminal exposure that association football does.

Especially as a child, it's so easy to fall into association football here. Even if your parents have no interest in the sport, you pick it up in the playground, in the parks, from television, etc.

American football is a lot more niche. You have to stay up late, have a subscription to see most of the games, actively go looking for news coverage of it online. It's why homegrown American football fans over here tend to be sports fans that got into the sport in their teens/at university.

There's definitely a market here but it's not people who grew up playing the sport. And it'll continue to be a niche sport as long as it doesn't capture the attention of young kids.

bigger fields make the game easier you maple fuckface.

>third world companies have no budget to film commercials so they put commercials on the uniform instead

>look at me I play for Africa mobilcom FC, now featuring the Chinacom 2900 with end call button and hard plastic case to prevent fallapart

We already experimented with every imaginable type of ball game and came to the conclusion that football (soccer) was the best

Why are they teaching you bullshit like that in america? Is american football really a methaphor for war? You guys are really brainwashed at birth.

Because association football and rugby (another football code) came first. The real answers are that association football is the pleb sport here, that our elites play tennis, that our universities don't have the anglo-saxon sports culture (so no high school/college teams AT ALL), and that when your football came, first it had the wrong name (= impostor football), and second it was in competition with rugby while at the same time being more violent and "more sissy" ("lol they wear pads"), and third the start-stop timing + free substitution aren't normal in Europe (check on that rugby but handball & volleyball too).

Well I get that I was referring to historical exposure like the anons who I tagged were talking about.
>Implying the pre snap isn't as fascinating as the play itself
The chosen formation and personnel each side chooses for a given situation and the possibility of plays they'll run out of it is extremely stimulating mentally. The play itself is then an explosion of pure 11 on 11 disciplined marshalesque violence that is as subliminal a sight as anything in the history of sports. Every game is a war; every drive is a battle; and every play a skirmish.

That's a great answer perception really is everything I guess. The single greatest thing that football has over rugby is the elegance of a sophisticated forward passing game but that wasn't developed into a philosophy until the 80s. But the beauty of a single long ball down the field should have been exciting enough.

serious question for someone who isn't australian - is aussie rules football actually a good sport? i think it might be but i can't see past the gay-looking outfits

Rugby have the forward pass with the chandelle (don't know the English name)

>Is american football really a methaphor for war?
what do you think?

well put. I actually think both Russia and Germany could get pretty good at American football, Germany especially.

American Football = fat white wageslaves worshipping Jamal

Right, but the difference is that the actual game of american football is exciting, though the constant ads suck, while soccer is incredibly dull with the exception of a handful of seconds.

there's no interest. that's it.

But I like it when people run at full speed and actually make hard hits. Watching your country's chunky, second-tier athletes fumble around a field is kind of embarrassing.

The only valid point Yuropoors and other foreign scum have made about the NFL is the excessive commercials. Any sane person would agree.

The "11 minutes" of action argument is the height of retardation though. "Stuff moving around" isn't always interesting "action." By that definition, a marathon has the most action of any sport, but you don't see billions of people watching the marathon world cup.

Pre-snap is just as interesting and entertaining as ball-in-play action. Builds tension and anticipation and lets the viewer participate vicariously. "What play will they run?" "Will they convert and keep the drive alive?" "Interception! I can't believe they ran that slant against a zone."

Euros are too programmed by soccer. Every sport needs to resemble its "free-flowing" simplistic goal-sport design in some way or they dismiss it as "boring." Even the Brits don't really watch cricket anymore.

>Murikans can't handle sports that are constant action

We have ice hockey here, which produces more "ball-in-play" action than soccer. And there's actual scoring, comebacks, and physicality. Basketball is also similar.

We're just opened minded enough not to want all of our sports to resemble that.

>faster moving
Lol, we know you're not talking about the players.

hood perreras are always a ton of fun

European Football = malnourished NEETs worshipping Hector Viva La Rodriguez

>I can still pick up a ball
>pick up a ball

PENULTY

I remember finding a soccer ball and leisurely kicking it around with friends. We didn't presume to put it on tv and insist that it is fun to watch.

If I had to watch European tv, I'd prefer that Norwegian show about how to stack firewood over soccer.

Good comic, but baseball fucking sucks.

All sport is a metaphor for war. Sport was invented to keep warriors sharp in times of peace
A rugby pass is a bloated clumsy thing compared to the elegance and precision of a football pass.
Gee you must be fun at parties, we are conversing on why there is no interest.

>Euros are too programmed by soccer. Every sport needs to resemble its "free-flowing" simplistic goal-sport design in some way or they dismiss it as "boring."

This.

>Handball. Basically indoor soccer but you get to use your hands.

>Field Hockey. Soccer but with sticks and a ball.

>Hurling. See above.

>Gaelic Football. Soccer, but you get to pick up the ball and run with it.

Because it's boring as shit

Yeah that would be dope for international playoff single elimination tournaments. I think football should have a champions league style where the winner of the championship gets to rep the whole country because a traditional all star/Olympic team wouldn't work because there's no way you'd have enough time to practice playbooks and there's no way you'd get an NFL coach to share his playbook with players from around the league anyways.

>T.simpleton

Leave him alone. He's too entertained by riveting sports like Korfballl to give a shit about "handegg."

youtube.com/watch?v=GUtJB5jBOis

>The chosen formation and personnel each side chooses for a given situation and the possibility of plays they'll run out of it is extremely stimulating mentally. The play itself is then an explosion of pure 11 on 11 disciplined marshalesque violence that is as subliminal a sight as anything in the history of sports. Every game is a war; every drive is a battle; and every play a skirmish.
This is the funniest thing I've ever read.

US would win it every time, just like basketball. They'll never be enough interest or training resources/facilities anywhere else to stand a chance at competing,

No your nations Constitution is. Oh wait, you probably haven't read that...

Yuroshits will never recover from this

Is there ever anything "beautiful" in Am football? Like in soccer there can be a particularly well executed shot. Are there ever any "wow!" moments in Am football?

They already have some meme tournament for this and the US fills the roster with division 3 college players and still wins

Nah, art isn't a thing here, and it never will be.

Yes, and in far more forms and in much greater quantity than in Euroball.

t. fan of both sports

Not surprised, it's like if we challenged you to a snooker tournament. National sport culture is near impossible to change that drastically.

Well yeah but in this fantasy of mine that isn't the case. The Germans while physically leaner than the American negro make up for it with 4d chess strategy and game play (a nation of Belichicks and Brady's) the Russians field a team rocky villains and focus on running up the middle EVERY play. The French compete for a half then give up. The British are plucky underdogs getting btfo but hanging in there inexplicably to make an undeserved win.
>ITT the plot line of WW2 dramatized by sport.

Yes it is very warlike. I miss it even though at the time I hated practice

Sorry to spoil the fantasy but if rugby is anything to go by, Germany would be terrible. Brit Isles and France would be good but the Kiwis/Aussies would dominate.

If handegg ever goes global New Zealand should be your first stop.

youtu.be/YAjvGFO3Ruc

youtu.be/f0Bm3FgtIPc

youtu.be/iKO_9iQs3l8

youtu.be/rnjZU7Hp8yk

That's just offense. Defense can make magnificent plays on the ball and punt/kick returns for touchdowns are electric.

>likes a shitty 'sport'
>others call that 'sport' out for being utterly shit
>b-b-b-b-but your flag!
Pathetic.

Is this because of popularity tho? Remember in my fantasy it is the premier most beloved game world wide.
You didn't call me out you said it was funny, what's funny is your joke of a nation. Btw how are those Olympic stadiums doing?

2bh senpai handegg will never be popular outside USA, because you basically forcefeed it 24h/24 to your populace, starting with talking only about that on TV, middle & high schools teams, and college teams. If there wasn't this your national "sport" would quickly falter.
Proof our football is better is that even you Americans are starting to like it, there were like 0 American pro football players in the '60s and now you have thousands of them. Did I mention our football is taking over Asia after conquering Africa? Tomorrow is owned by FOOTBALL and handegg will be a fringe, forgotten, weirdo game.

Also keep trying to convince yourselves of the """"strategies"""" in handegg, cause you know very well it's ultimately just niggercrash.

Because IS BORING and GAY

Rugby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> armored fatties

football is literally the sport for mongloids. have you ever listened to 1 interview? Niggers cant even speak english, their main language.

>handegg will be a fringe, forgotten, weirdo game.
>will be

were there

American Football is the same as set pieces in football. dont know how people watch so many minutes of set pieces

wasn't one of your best players, jarrod hayne a complete bust in the NFL? and he wouldn't stop gushing about how it was always "his dream" to play in the NFL

plenty have gone over there and done fine

the required athleticism is exactly the same

Because every set ends with a nigger getting his head knocked off instead of anti climactic missed goal.

>Plenty
Pls be b8

what do you expect, thousands? no, they'd rather play their own sport here.

but pretty much every single player wanting to play in the NFL has done just fine

Haynes even said American football players hit harder than in rugby and that it's tougher

it's a shit sport based around watching, not actually playing

>The "11 minutes" of action argument is the height of retardation though. "Stuff moving around" isn't always interesting "action." By that definition, a marathon has the most action of any sport, but you don't see billions of people watching the marathon world cup.

That implies that those 11 minutes are all good, and they're not. I've watched some highlights from football and the highlighst of some players careers and a lot of it was a let down. These were supposed to be the players most atheletic and skillfull moments.

When the soccer players aren't scoring or about to score they are provoking holes and weaknesess in the opposition team deffence. It can be a bit dull, but it's not the non-action of marathon.

Both are awefull to watch on TV though, you need beer and someone to distract you to endure either

>We have ice hockey here, which produces more "ball-in-play" action than soccer. And there's actual scoring, comebacks, and physicality. Basketball is also similar.
both are played in Europe and probably supperior, although it is annoying how many goals there are in basketball

Because in rugby you're trying to down the ball carrier, so you tackle with technique not just run into them.