Do you like to travel?

Do you like to travel?
And what is your opinion on the current travel craze among millennials? Treating traveling like the most important thing in ones life. What if someone likes being more grounded and be at home?

The fuck would I want to travel for

To see new places and meet new people, idk.

bump

I don't want to do those things

ok

Travel is overrated. You are better off staying home, building your finances, friend circle, job prospects, family life.

All travel does is drain your bank balance, subject you to racist sexist and homophobic cultures, give you stomach problems and increases your chances of being violently killed.

Millennial here.

This isn’t a trend. Let me guess how you got to your stupid idea: you met one, maybe two people who are passionate about traveling (like many people of varying generations are) and now your extrapolating your observation to literally everyone and everything.

You’re a stupid cunt.

Also, have a short break in Fiji or Cancun if you really want a change of scenery. But the whole six months backpacking through Asia thing, the fuck is that good for??

I'm sorry you are right. It's not all millennials but quite a few people around me are very passionate about traveling and because of them I overestimated overall drive and passion for travel in millennials.

Because experiences are more valuable and generate more net happiness than material goods.

People can travel and still save money. I take 4 weeks of vacation per year and always go to a different country.

I do like to travel a bit, but not that much.

I'm also annoyed by everyone around me expecting me to *love* travel and wok and live for travels, not only during holidays, but also on the week-ends.

Not all travel destinations are better than a week-end spent resting, eating nice meals, playing video games and making love. Actually, not many destinations can beat that.

Yet when I'm asked where I went for the week-end and I reply nowhere, I feel totally misunderstood, borderline pitied. Not that I care that much of course.

People think they travel, open their minds, etc., yet they're just tourists. Fine by me, nothing wrong with it, but no need to pretend that visiting places where you're expected is a life changing experience.

I go to water parks and I get good esperiences you don't need passport just 6 flags

Saying you like to be grounded at home is really saying that you are afraid of new experiences. Get the fuck out there, you only have so much time on this earth and only in this modern era can the average person see anything past their home county.

Also foreign pussy, goddamn. Go to Panama City, stay at the Marriott, and try the cigar bar across the street. You will love traveling very, very quickly.

just because you have an insular mind incapable of expanding doesn't mean the rest of us are that way.

Hey OP, have you read Levi-Strauss ? He was an anthropologist who explored Brazil native forests. In his famous book "Tristes Tropiques" (Sad Tropics), he writes his thoughts on travel and exploration. A very interesting read indeed. According to him, it is very hard to get to know and experience an unfamiliar place.

Look up his quotes on wikiquotes. Here's a few excerpts:

> I hate travelling and explorers.
(a very long quote, I encourage you to read it fully)

> While I complain of being able to glimpse no more than the shadow of the past, I may be insensitive to reality as it is taking shape at this very moment, since I have not reached the stage of development at which I would be capable of perceiving it. A few hundred years hence, in this same place, another traveller, as despairing as myself, will mourn the disappearance of what I might have seen, but failed to see.

> Not only does a journey transport us over enormous distances, it also causes us to move a few degrees up or down in the social scale. It displaces us physically and also — for better or for worse — takes us out of our class context, so that the colour and flavour of certain places cannot be dissociated from the always unexpected social level on which we find ourselves in experiencing them.

I will check him out. Thank you for your recommendation.

Travel is not the only way to expand one's mind. The very fact you suspect me of this just because I don't like to travel that much emphasizes my point.

I don't doubt that you are capable of growing from your travels, because I know nothing of you. Good for you.

I just tend to not believe some acquaintances who experience "so much" by flying for a week or two to a foreign country, spending time in tourist areas even when they think they're out of the beaten path.

Not all tourist areas are huge and crowded like the Eiffel Tower or Venice. Most of them are not that dense.
Once again it's find to enjoy them, but they're still places who expect you.

>
>drive and passion
>in millennials.

kek

>millennial here
Opinion trash, just like the person.
Disregarded.

I used to but once I realized that traveling alone is kinda pointless and that I would like to share the experiences with a girl, I stopped. Since I will never have a girlfried I don't really care much about traveling anymore.

Traveling is meh. Can be fun and can be super stressful. As a kid my parents tried to keep me busy, playing sporting, Boy Scouts, etc. When I got older, I learned the joy of doing nothing. Not having somewhere to be or do. Just doing nothing, it is really amazing and relaxing just to do nothing.

I think a lot of people have this fear of wasting their time on mundane tasks, etc. They fear death and want to get out of life as much as they can.