Seeing as how diamond is the most hardest metal in the world why isn't it used to make bulletproof vests and stuff

Seeing as how diamond is the most hardest metal in the world why isn't it used to make bulletproof vests and stuff

That's because it takes a crane to get it out.

try turning creation mode off you will realize you can't build all your buildings out of diamonds

Don't bring me in to this, thanks.

1 gram = 12 grams etc...

Never seen a metal diamond

Maybe because of the shock

Because that's not how hardness works.

It be last layer of defense.

You have to slow down the trajectory. Then safely go to the next layer.

I'd wear.

>why isn't it used to make bulletproof vests and stuff
Little you know, i have a diamond bulletprof vest

Underrated post here

Well played

This again.

OP, diamonds are exceptionally hard, but also brittle. Very abrasion resistant, but cant take a hit without breaking

The fact that they are the hardest doesn't mean that they are the most resistant. Hardness is only a property that tells you it cannot be scratched etc. But will break if you hit it hard (ex. A bullet)

Because diamonds are clear so it looks like they're not wearing a shirt and criminals will laugh at them for not wearing a shirt.

Hows the first day boys?

Its ok newfriends this is just one less shitpost you have to fall for

>Seeing as how diamond is the most hardest metal in the world why isn't it used to make bulletproof vests and stuff
U R ***DUMB FUCK***

Can I reup my 11 year old is like 22 now

Journeyman tool and die maker here. The harder something is, the more brittle it becomes. Since it would have to withstand the major, sudden force of a bullet, diamond would likely shatter upon impact. It's primarily used for cutting purposes where a small amount is gradually being cut at a time.

Because you want a material that absorbs and redistributes shock in bullet proof vests, diamonds don't do this very well

>most hardest
>metal
God damn, even for a shitpost this is too much stupid.

Diamonds are extremley brittle at some angles and a bullet would shatter diamond very easily.
Plus they are also very expensive to excavate and shape into something,also they are quite small.
having a diamond bulletproof vest would be a bad idea.

The technology to make fake diamonds has progressed rapidly.

This idea is stupid, but it's not inconceivable that we'll have cheap diamond products in the future.

This is full on retard even for Sup Forums

i honestly think kid is drinking bleach while eating tidepods playing minecraft

Then why are ceramics used

It would be the wrong colour. Nobody wants a transparent bulletproof vest and most dyes don't work on diamond.