>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old thread

>tfw only a Gibson™ is good enough

When exactly do you sleep?

I like dicks in my mouth and i'm shit at guitar

You did.

9s or 10s?

I mostly play rhythm and like 10s more to feel better but I don't think I have 9s a decent shot.

I use 9-46s, but I tune to all fourths, so it roughly balances out to 10s.

What kind of scale length do you play?

12 you little baby

The 9s felt so loose before I think I'll try them out again

anyone care to help me identify the bass player's pedals?

i guess that's a boss tuner at the start of his chain.

That suggest practice routine is ridiculous by the way. No one has time for that. A 30 minute a day practice routine would be much more useful for beginners. I doubt anyone is following that pic.

I'm not gonnna make it or anything, just gonna sit and criticize others' work

Jimmy or Jimi

>76024301
probably a big muff in the top right
what effects does the band use?

So that's a solid "yah" on the LARPing.

Understood. ;^)

Jimmy

>big muff
most overrated bass pedal?

both overrated

Jimmy not

Bet its a bass big muff

if you ain't no neet shitposter wtf are you even doing here

is that what your doing with your fucking life

it mostly revolves around gaping your moms butthole, filling it with christmas ornaments, and posting the pics on facebook

how do i obtain this look? what paint do i use over my original finish so it'll wear correctly?

>tfw want to buy a Gibby Flying V with ebony fretboard but there are none
The later also have these fretboards made of some shitty cheap wood even brighter than rosewood
The Pro Vs aren't that great either

All these artists liquidating gear lately is the writing on the wall.

Duplicolor car paint will work, it's nitrocellulose. Only 2 to 3 coats I would say, you want it thin but not so thin that it doesn't chip.

Acrylic and Enamel paint will probably be too tough.

yay or nay?

you forgot to add a third option
>nobody gives a shit

>57/66
Are these actually better than the 81/60?

hee hee hee

>tonewood
>specifically fretboard tone wood

The strings barely touch it cause frets exist, and on some les pauls half of it is the inlay. If you had a fretless purely acoustic instrument like a violin or doublebass I would be more inclined to agree

post yfw fretboard wood affects toan more than the body on a solidbody electric

only things that effects tone on an electric are

>frets
>bridge
>strings
>pickups
>wiring

>toan bridge
lol meme
>toan wires
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yeah it has to been a muff circuit. i thought it was the sanford & sonny bluebeard because i couldn't see the ehx logo. bass biff muff makes more sense.

pretty much. so overrated it's become the standard. personally i like those heavy low end fuzz pedals that can glitch and sputter. those that can handle polyphonic notes lol.

why do humbuckers always sound like shit
they're so one-dimensional

>t. shit guitarist
i love humbuckers as much as i like single coils

all instruments and amps sound the same your ears are just fucked

idk, I'm starting to think high output pickups are a meme.

high output pickups are a meme ever since they first invented the separated master volume and the gain knobs

they're supposed to be more like traditional pups I think, and are lower output than the 81/85/60 stuff, hence my interest.

Has anyone ever had a guitar long enough to where you needed to get it refretted?

my guitars needed refret but because i bought them used

>I am a retard and what is reading comprehension
I mostly complained about the optics you dumb sack of shit

I've been trying to find a pedal steel that isn't retardedly expensive and all the people that have these for sale have been complete dickheads when I inquire about the. What the fugg. It's pretty much a dead instrument. No young people are going to be buying these things yet most of the asking prices are placed above what they cost new. Freaking weird subset of musicians.

I have 15 year old guitar, that has been more or less played daily, and I can't see absolutely no damage on the frets. They are stainless steel though, maybe it's different with other materials.

why you dont find a guitar that sounds more like a pedal steel, like a tele for example, and set it like a pedal steel with high action and a bridge with benders. thats what some dude from the band has.

anyone have experience designing/building pedals?

yea i built this why

what kind of pedals use xlr jeez

I don't need to LARP, thanks.

why is your posture so shit, user?

They are completely different animals...I've had a couple lap steels and guitars for slide, but pedal steels are really different.

Wrong.

It's literally all pickups
And the PLAYER of course

do you mean to say a les paul and an hh tele with the same pickups would sounds the same

I bet you couldn't even tell the difference between a Squier Strat and an American Strat just by listening to the sound of the pickups
That's how much of a bullshit meme all this tone crap is

mine you fag stfu

Of course you don't need to. No one needs to.

cause i'm not good enough to care

gee gee there is a spoopie skelly tooting a horn at me wtf is this all about

My Tele (no bully pls) is 22 years old now, it could probably do with it on the lowest three or four frets but its not so bad.

halloweener

it is not

Have no fear, fa/gg/ot*!

(* I think Tele vomit guy got banned)

why are benedetto guitars so fucking overpriced?

i dunno get an eastman

Because Jazz musicians are loaded

that is so not true. Ppl pay big money for jazz guitars because they want good resonance in the body. How the guitar feels can inspire the player. In jazz this is especially important.

But I don't expect you plebs to understand. Thinking >tonewood is a meme is not understanding physics.

i used to like my condor les paul because of her short string spacement but after an year practicing almost only on the acoustic now i have trouble playing some chords without half muting some strings

Do you even play jazz? Mostly everyone I know plays laminate guitars (or solidbodies) specifically because they're less resonant and less prone to feedback in a live setting. Have you ever tried playing at gig volumes with a full depth carved top guitar? They feedback almsot as bad as a flat-top. They sound great but they're mostly useful in the studio or unplugged.

It's mostly a richfag status thing, when I was in college the only people that owned that type of guitar were Richfag Chinese students. Even the professor used cheap Washburns and Eastmans.

I'm buying a Cort non-laminated Jumbo acoustic. nice isnt it?

Imagine being so stupid you actually thought this.
If you take all the equipment from a strat and put it on a guitar made from plastic it's not going to sound like a strat.

I have 2 Eastmans (t486 and t146) and I wouldn't call them cheap. Well made guitars are going to feel better regardless if they are laminate or solid. The point I'm trying to make is I feel more involved playing my guitars than a cheap artcore or something. Resonance was not the word for it

>The optics
Non-native English speaker detected. In any case, you could have specified "brightly colored" or "lighter in coloration." For all we know you left it just saying "brighter," which could definitely be interpreted as an adjective to describe the tone of the instrument, at least as you vaguely worded it.

tl;dr no u

The player only affects the clarity of the sound while the amp, the body type, and pickups affects the tone

pick by the bridge and then by the neck and tell me it only affects clarity

thats easy, the squier has more low mids and a slightly uglier overall eq. not that its worth the price though, a squier that plays nice with upgrades is a lifetime guitar.

>The player only affects the clarity of the sound

I feel you but at a certain point you're just paying for the name, cache and other bullshit. Frans Elferink will build you whatever guitar you want for $5000 (most are cheaper actually), I think that's around the right price for the work involved. It'll be every bit as good as even a vintage D'angelico/D'aquisto imo...

Benedetto's are really nothing special, especially for the price..Some Luthiers just take advantage of richfags, cant blame them for it really.

"Hey ese, what set you with homes?"

How do you respond?

>mfw I've gotten so used to my squier bullet strat that I like the way it sounds
Whoever it was that told me to polish the bottom of my string trees was right, tuning stability is not as good or better than my hardtail Jaguar.

What's the most you ever spent on a guitar, /gg/?

about 1900 reais on the les paul

$450 for a blacktop Jaguar

so if i'm restringing i have to make it 3 wraps?
i can barely get it to 2 without the tension being too much.
what am i doing wrong?
should i cut off more of the string?

$1700 second hand. Bought it a few months ago, wanted one for a long time. Super worth it, this thing is amazing; neck doesnt move and never goes out of tune. Company went out of business and came back but now their basses are like 5k, so i feel pretty lucky.

450 eur on my les paul

forgot pic
1100 the instrument
300 the pup set
500 the refret and renut

good looking custom, rare to see a sunburst epi

nice
I wanted a modulus bass so bad in middle school. Had no idea they went under for a while.
Super distortions?

It's a Condor get it right

unless u have a floyd rose set up you cut the string AFTER the three wraps. you'll pull a large portion of the string through first, then start wrapping til you are in tune at which point you (hopefully) have 2-3 wraps.

Watch a youtube tutorial, that's how I strung my first guitar.

super distortion and 59

Why are there so many self taught guitarists, but so few self taught pianists?

pfff in that case get fucked poorfag

because guitar is easier than piano

I'd say because guitar type music is more common and also more casual in approach.

Theres not a fuckton of self taught classical guitarists or even good self taught jazz guitarists.
When you wanna play pop/rock, punk, experimental, or just singer-songwriter shit you're probably not that interested in lessons.

This and the guitar is more accessible in price than a piano.

I agree with both of these sentiments, but also agree with:
I'm learning piano right now, and it's really hard, and I'm not sure if it's because it was such a long time ago when I first began guitar and forget what it's like to suck and practice.