Everyone is going on and on about gun control but no one is giving rational...

Everyone is going on and on about gun control but no one is giving rational, reasonable suggestions for how to stop school shootings. Here is what should be done.

1 Every parent or guardian of a child in a public school needs to register for an online account which includes a photo and their social security number. Each school district would have their own online registration system. Registration would need to be done before the start of the school year or the child would not be allowed to attend school.
2. Anytime a parent or guardian needs to attend their child's school for any reason, they need to schedule this online. If they attempt to enter the school without having scheduled it, they will be unable to attend. Scheduling will be done through the same system as registration system.
3. All schools are to be locked down at all times. Unless you are a teacher, administrator or student, you cannot enter the school. All students, teachers and administrators are to be issued ID cards which they need to scan to enter the building.
4. All schools need to have metal detectors installed. You cannot enter the school without passing through a metal detector.
5. All schools will have security. While not armed with a weapon, they should be armed with at least a taser or similar weapon which can disable someone without causing permanent damage.

This will all cost money but I think it will go a long way to eliminating or greatly reducing school shootings.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/06/14/us/omar-mateen-fbi.html
latimes.com/nation/la-na-bumpstock-ban-20180212-story.html
cnn.com/2015/07/22/us/armed-civilians-guard/index.html
youtu.be/MoU50jYdXbk
youtu.be/KZ3o7Fr6yV4
youtu.be/tSwws_b_jk4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Most schools have all of that except for metal detectors
>My high school had 2 armed cops on campus at all times, usually like 4.

How many TSA agents will be assigned to each school?

Also user I would like to know what you think some seedy fuck is gonna do with a tazer if Eugene starts running through the halls with his modified AK.

Not true, I can walk into my kids school anytime I want, no questions asked. How did the kid in Florida get into the school?

I'm open to armed guards but that raises a whole bunch of other issues. A taser isn't perfect but it's better than what most schools have now, which is nothing.

how about instead of school we focus on the access to guns like this

1. mental health issues disqualify you from possesing firearms, firearms can be returned once cleared by a doctor.
2. people who are convicted of a violent crime ( an assault or domestic violence ) not allowed to posses a firearm.
3. private party transaction must be dont at a FFL with a background check for purchaser.
4. first time buyers must undergo firearms training, focusing on safely handing of firearms,

You reallly have to stop. Just stop.

You have no answers and seek out Sup Forums for clarity. You're swimming in murky water.

>While not armed with a weapon, they should be armed with at least a taser or similar weapon which can disable someone without causing permanent damage.
So they get shot first, then they move on to shooting the students? Brilliant.

This is the problem, liberals are really thinking a plan like this makes sense. There are 300 million guns in this country already. Sure, someone who has committed a violent felony or who is diagnosed with a serious mental illness shouldn't be able to purchase a gun. But this won't reduce school shootings in any way.

A lot of those are already in place, although state laws vary somewhat.
#1 and #2 are already federal law, #4 depends on state. #3 I don't know about, since I've only ever bought firearms from a licensed FFL.

I love guns but im not opposed to "regulation"

We could have state-level tier-based IDs not that different from driving licenses. At 18 you'll be able to use a regular ID/license to own shotguns and bolt actions. Also at 18 you can apply for a stamp which permits the ownership of "assault weapons" which consists of a background check and 3 hours of gaining. (While this stamp remains valid you wouldn't need to bother with a complete background check as it would be immediately suspended upon an arrest record.)
At 21 you can apply for a handgun stamp which is not far removed from a concealed carry permit consisting of 1 hour of training. (This is for purchasing. States will still have their own laws regarding actual concealed carry.)

So basically once you reach 21 and do not have felony convictions you'll be able to own any gun you want with less hassle during purchases.

Private sales will simply have to confirm a valid stamp/permit at the time of sale and it would be assumed to qualify for a background check without actually running one.

There's no need to further regulate gun purchases. Only 11000 people are killed by guns annually in this country. It's a tiny percentage based on the number of guns. The focus should be on making sure no one can enter a school to do something like this. How many shootings are there at airports?

>4. first time buyers must undergo firearms training, focusing on safely handing of firearms
What kind of nigger spends money on something they've never used before?

There's far greater sociological factors related to why some people target schools rather than airports.

Incidents at schools typically involve people 20 years of age or younger with some connection to the school.

At airports or nightclubs or places otherwise, the perpetrator(s) are above 25.

How many incidents actually occur in those areas that are not as heavily protected as airports?

If you allow terrorist to control you then they win.

Don't allow the idiots to win.

Right so focus on securing schools completely and stop talking about gun control. Like I said earlier I can walk into my kids school at any time, no questions asked.

>3. All schools are to be locked down at all times. Unless you are a teacher, administrator or student, you cannot enter the school. All students, teachers and administrators are to be issued ID cards which they need to scan to enter the building.
I work security at a school. This is literally impossible. Schools, while in session, have people coming in and out all fucking day long, at doors all around the building.

My school is a private school, and we have a gate around the whole property, and a key card to get in any door. Problem is, the gates are open all the time for delivers and visitors and employees are constantly leaving doors propped open, etc. Plus, like any building, a person could just wait for someone to enter and go in with them.

A security guard at a school for 3 years, the only way to stop a shooting would be to have a system in place that the classrooms all lock in a shooting scenario, and a security guard with a gun who has the balls to shoot back and thwart the shooter.

Problem is, there are a tons of fire code laws that allow the locking of doors, so our hands are tied in that regard.

I really think the best answer is an armed guard who will shoot back. This would literally only cost $25K-$35K per year per school. That is a pittance and that much is wasted on nonsense every semester by most schools.

AMA

Or just... have gun control?

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, ITS ABOUT STEALING GUNS FROM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN ENFORCE TYRANNY. WAKE THE FUCK UP

Close the fucking gates. Stop propping open doors. It's not that fucking hard. I agree on hiring more security for sure. Elementary schools generally don't have any.

fuck you statist

Retard. What the fuck does that even mean? Are you suggesting taking everyone's guns?

or you can make getting guns a bit harder, you know, like in every other 1st world country...

>WAKE UP!!!!
Hahahahahahahha

Better yet stop going to school.

The same for churches. Everybody who attends church needs to wear bullet proof vests. Guards and TSA at the front and back entrance and church locked down at all times. Security cameras at every angle at every church. Better yet, stop going to church if you're a church goer.

Same with supermarkets. Everybody needs to stay vigilant and never make eye contact, come for what you need and leave immediately, don't loiter. Wear bullet proof vests at all times. Stay away from loose vegetables because they could be poisoned or used to hide weapons. Better yet, stop eating.

Same with libraries. Stay vigilant and don't make eye contact with the librarian, she could be a mass murderer. Don't loiter. Wear bullet proof vests at all times. Better yet, just stop reading.

Same with malls. Stop going to malls, they could be the scene of the next mass shooting. Everybody open carry. Stay vigilant, wear bullet proof vests inside and outside the mall. Make your vehicle bullet proof in the case of a parking lot massacre you have cover. Better yet, stop buying shit altogether.

Same with movie theaters. Avoid. Stay vigilant at all times. Super hero movies have been known to attract of mass murderers so try to frequent light hearted comedies. When you attend a film, wear a bullet proof vest at all times. TSA agents at emergency exits and main entrances. Reinforce theater seats with kevlar in the case of a mass shooting. Better yet stay at home and get fatter and watch netflix and chill forever, in the safety of your fortress home where you hoard your weapons so that you can protect your family at all times in the case of an unexpected mass shooting.

Or

You can try just pass some fucking MEANINGFUL GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION THAT WORKS YOU DUMB FUCKING SHITS

How about not forcing hordes of poorly raised kids into education prison camps?

>Bring back gun training classes in school.
>Arm teachers with guns after they have successfully completed extensive training.
>Post signs saying many people in the school are armed and will not hesitate to defend themselves and the children inside.

Yeah, start by taking out the highest concentration of arms which are the police and military.

"Meaningful gun control legislation". Literally a meaningless statement. Worse than "thoughts and prayers".

or just eliminate the jews, no?

Damn, this is pretty solid.

We've never had it passed. Bump stocks still legal. People on FBI watchlists still allowed to buy guns, thanks to total lack of action. Fucking retards are so clueless, it astounds me.

It shouldn't be difficult to fight your way through whatever security if you're good enough.

Also the cost of it would probably make schools need more funding.

I'm all for protecting schools but making them as locked down as airports doesn't seem readable and could potentially direct attacks towards other areas like stores and malls. Then you could argue everything needs to be as protected as airports. Preventing "risky" individuals from firearm ownership could reduce the threat across all areas.

It has the very clear meaning of giving the government the power to decide who gets to have guns. Remember, stalin had people who didn't believe in the perfect system of communism locked up as they were clearly insane.

With any law, imagine your worst nightmare having control of the government.

>and their social security number

Did the Florida shooter use "bump stocks" and was he on "FBI" watch list? That's a no. Columbine shooters? Nope. Shooter in Connecticut? No...

The way you use the word 'literally' in this sentence is grammatically incorrect. Go back to school.

ITT: Americans trying to solve school shootings with more fascism.

Meanwhile, in the free world, school shootings are virtually non-existent.

Isnt it weird that most, if not all, mass shootings occur in "gun free zones"?

nytimes.com/2016/06/14/us/omar-mateen-fbi.html

shooter in Orlando however...

And that Cruz fuck was legally allowed to buy and carry around an AR-15 despite the FBI having been warned about him

word

6. Move your kids to a more enlightened country.

It's like the government doesn't give a shit because they get paid regardless of performance through taxation and more problems to solve means more money for them

But you won't, because there's no better place in the world to live. Just keep bitching about everything but don't do anything.

Cruz is a cuban name?

You could try to find out why mass killing is increasingly common in the US.
Once you've figured that out you'd be in a better position to develop effective solutions

He's not wrong though. It's not after safety its about controlling the masses.

Just give every teacher riot gear like rubber bullets or a fucking bean bag gun. Bean the cunt even once hes bound to drop the gun and some would be hero can run up grab his gun an blast em.

latimes.com/nation/la-na-bumpstock-ban-20180212-story.html

after the worst mass shooting in US history, we still allow these devices.

It's super cool being an American, losing at everything : healthcare/cost of med, infrastructure, economic equality, literacy, incarceration rates and costs, etc but we win and killing ourselves

go usa

Probably SSRIs.

Psychiatry is unfortunately the most bullshit field of science I can think of. Every other field from botany to engineering has solid grounds but psychiatry is just mass experimentation.

the people in the school have to leave eventually and unless the bus is going to pick people up inside locked gates and they're going to transport everyone in and out using armored vehicles, this will change nothing.

Fucking leave faggot. If it's so bad, just go You won't of course.

No one gives a shit if your kids grow up to be Muslims cuck though.

Single mothers are crime factories because instead of negotiating with the kids, they selfishly beat their kids into compliance. This teaches kids disagreement must be solved with extreme force. Taxation is theft and used to fund mostly single mothers and their children, because welfare means women no longer need to directly depend on men.

Switserland has more guns than the us per capita and none of these issues.

cnn.com/2015/07/22/us/armed-civilians-guard/index.html

So schools are maximum security prisons?

youtu.be/MoU50jYdXbk

Or just don't fall for the "let the gubment learn your child" meme, and keep your kids out of public school.

You already have all the answers. You should publish your research.

>after the only mass shooting to utilize a bump stock in US history, we still allow these devices.
ftfy

How to stop school shootings
step 1= everyone stop having kids
step 2= pizza party

You sound like an autistic NRA subscriber.

And out of malls. And movie theaters. And concerts...

>free world
You're subject to tyranny at any given moment all it takes is for the dominoes to be aligned properly and then boom.

Fuck you

Feelgoodtobeamerican.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that anything above a basic shotgun, rifle or pistol should be automatically banned and should not be sold to members of the public. I mean I get the whole second amendment thing but you don't need an AR15 to defend yourself or your home, a basic pistol will do just fine. The point is that Americans are so reliant on firearms, they will use any excuse to try to own one. I mean i'm English and the only guns I own are a shotgun and a rifle, which I use only when I go shooting. I also live on a farm so it's handy to have at least one gun.

> You're subject to tyranny at any given moment all it takes is for the dominoes to be aligned properly and then boom.

I know, but we're hoping the US won't invade just yet.

You.... You think the 2nd amendment is for hunting deer and protecting my home from niggers? It's for shooting at government shills should it go full on Hitler on us

haha okay europoor

tell us more on how one day you’ll be walking across the street and ahmed drives over your head with an 18 wheeler and pops it like a watermelon

The problem with #3 is that its impossible to enforce; anyone can say that they got it from a family member or they bought it privately before the law was in place. There's no system that could conceivably encourage 100% of people to register their firearms, which is what it would take. Also, a ban on private or gun show sales would probably not stem mass shootings, the vast majority of guns used in the sort of shootings you see on the news (4 or more killed in a spree at random) are either purchased legally or taken from a family member. This is not to address the fact that most mass shootings (4 or more killed) are committed by gang members on other gang members using handguns, usually having obtained them illegally, through theft or other means

youtu.be/KZ3o7Fr6yV4

stopped reading at "basic"
there's are no "basics" on a gun; only features standard to a firearm platform

For being such a proud American you sure do love buying foreign when it comes to goods. Austrian and Russian guns

Other countries be like "we figured out ways to deal with this problem"

Americans be like "It's impossible to do anything about this"

The difference is Americans lack the will to deal with this problem.

>Thinking a taser doesn't cause permanent damage

If you quit being a fuckhead you’d realize people own firearms for an array of reasons
Not to “just have them”

>will
>there's as many guns here as there are people
nigga please

Ok then, apart from hunting and defending yourself, what else do you need one for?

ISIS loons got nothing on American teens when it comes to killing. Most kids would have a better idea how to work an AR-15 than getting a 15 ton truck moving.

Besides, terrorists in Europe would have to up their game by about a factor of 100 to be as lethal as Americans with guns (aka "Americans").

>who would win
>one sparki boi
>or a thicc jacket

You know what the odds are of you being killed in a mass shooting?
Lifetime odds is 1 in 11,125.
By comparison, you’re more likely to die via cancer, flu, diabetes, drug overdose, car accidents, choking on food, bicycling, alcohol, or even just simply falling.
11,000 people a year die a year (on average) via firearm. Mass murders make up less than 300 people a year on average.
Statistically, it’s insignificant - less than 1/1000th of a percent of the entire population of the US dies from firearms.
If you really wanted to save people, you’d ban tobacco and alcohol entirely.

>need
herewego

My school had metal detectors, armed cops, a shit load of staff. However, it was Detroit and niggers were busy killing themselves in the street, instead of in an educational facility.

An AR-15 is a basic rifle.
Why don’t you try to explain to me why it isn’t.

Enlighten me on which amazing country you live in

Does it matter? Eventually you're going to have bombed everyone.

The shooter in florida was indeed on the watchlist

All this but 4 is required in my state. Though I did 4 because my range offered free lessons and I figured why not it was only 30 mins.

Or we could focus on the mental health issues and societal degrade

youtu.be/tSwws_b_jk4

Ok then, tell me when you will ever need to use one in your life

You lack the will.

duck hunting

whats really happening?
why the fbi failed?

explains alot

Light body armor which is easy to get or even make for that matter can stop your “basic” shotgun or pistol rounds. Instead of relying on words on paper to protect people we should focus on better way to protect the students outright. Installing door jams in classrooms, having the door be bullet proof, only allowing access to students, armed body guards and staff. These would be more practical then trying to take things away from people. They’re shitty solutions but it’s a shitty problem

We need to drive it home its time to push the issue don't let your kids become the next statistic.

The AR-15 is one of if not the most common rifles in america and do you want to know why? It's reliable, it's user friendly, it's light weight, it uses a very standard ammunition, it can be customized to fit the user very easily,etc.
Stop believing the media when they tell you the AR-15 is some kind of god killer because it isn't