Antarctica Starts Here is one of the greatest songs ever made and Paris 1919 one of the greatest albums

Antarctica Starts Here is one of the greatest songs ever made and Paris 1919 one of the greatest albums

real shit

When will Sup Forums give this album the respect it deserves?
When will the music media at large do the same?

Kys I've been shilling this album for the last week and now someone else decides too fuck off seriously

I've been shilling this album for months lad
Ive never been to wales in my life and i only started listening to john cale about a year ago but A child's Christmas manages to be incredibly nostalgic. What an opener.

I've heard a couple times that John Cale produced the first Police album, and he was so out of touch with modern music that they played Communication Breakdown by Led Zeppelin, presenting it as if they wrote it, and he started critiquing it as if it was theirs, and that's why they got rid of him. Is this true?

I don't know if the Led Zep part is true, but he did produce one session for the Police but they didn't get along together very well on a creative level. It didn't help that he was apparently quite drunk while doing it.

On a similar note, when he was producing Squeeze's debut album he apparently fell asleep at one session from drunkeness while recording them. Jools Holland wrote "I'm a cunt" on his forehead, and after coming round later, going home for the night and coming back in again the next morning he still had it written on his head.

Absolutely. Abso-goddamn-lutely.

Half Past France is also fantastic honestly

Cale's a goddamn genius.

>releases a vastly better album than pink floyd could ever make the same day DSOTM comes out
Is there anyone more based than John Cale?

this album is real nigger shit
the ultimate pleb filter.

>According to the latest score
>Mr. Enoch Powell is falling star
>So in future please bear in mind
>Don't see clear don't see far
>When the average social director
>Mistakes a passenger for the conductor
Did Eric Clapton write this bit?

Better than any Velvet Underground album desu

Reminder that Lou Reed kicked John out of the band because he was intimidated by how talented and experimental he was
Based John

Sadly this and Fear are his only good solo albums.

New York + Blue Mask + Berlin + Magic and Loss > John Cale's discography

What a pretentious cover. Between this and the chicken incident (and ruining two of Nick Drake’s songs) I’m gaining the understanding this guy has the temperament of an upper middle class college kid who tries to make themself seem sophisticated yet wild. Embarrassing art illiterate.

You're misinterpreting the chicken incident. The chicken incident didn't come down to any pseudo-artistic posturing, it came down to the fact that John was off his tits on drugs and by extension off his rocker.

I’m just being over judgemental probably for some unconscious desire for attention, I actually really like John Cale.

>even the guy who hates John Cale likes John Cale
John is truly the GOAT

go back to your grave, reed

>What a pretentious cover
...how?