Anyone here ever had a gallbladder removal surgery done? Advice? Stories?

Anyone here ever had a gallbladder removal surgery done? Advice? Stories?
I'm real scared if I've made the wrong decision.

yea my dad had it out and he said they give you a needle and knock you out in 3 secs then 30 mins later (feel like 5 mins to you) you are on meds so you don't feel anything and the hole they make is dime sized so you have nothing to worry about

My dad got his out about two weeks ago
He's only back from hospital now. He got sepsis after the operation.
He looked awful.

Im currently high on his morphine tablets.

Polsk?

is it lapro? if so its nothing. actually even if its traditional its nothing.I'm assuming you had gallstones.

You're just more prone to acid reflux later on. but you're saving yourself a lifetime of pain, assuming you have gallstones.

Maybe eat less fatty foods, avoid stuff with tannen in it (dark sodas, coffee, tea and such). The surgery is nothing. You go under, they make 2 small incisions, you wake up sore, take it easy a couple days.

Gal i worked with became a vegetable from a botched gall bladder surgery

Wife had laparoscopic surgery and had hers out. Slight discomfort for like...3-4 days and then it was fine.
No side effects, no more gallstone fits, extremely recommended.

is she still alive? is she hot? if so, where's she hooked up at?

I'm a strict vegetarian

ex of mine had them. she's wake up in the middle of the night with cramps, i thought she was faking since she was such a pussy about pain.

I stole her meds and made her lie in epsom salts at night that did nothing, got fucked up off her painkillers till her surgery. Got her post-surgery meds and traded them to some high school kid for coke.

Had a bad one removed - surgeon said it was six months past the worst one he had ever seen. One night in the hospital, back to work 4 days later. I've had colds that were worse. Don't worry about it. The drain tube doesn't even hurt coming out.

most likely dead from the frequent infection. That'll happen when you rely on others to bathe you and change your catheter. Ugly as sin but who cares at 2 am.

thank you, glad to hear. They're doing a pinhole so it's like four or so small holes around my belly.

holy shit, that's fucked. Sorry to hear man. What happened, the surgeon fucked up? He was already high risk? Dirty hospital? Do you guys know?

no man, canadian

Ya, it's one huge 20mm stone trapped inside the gallbladder and they think it's irritating the lining and causing the inflammation.
Thank you for the food advice, the doctors didn't really have anything to say to me in that department.

WELL THANKS
kek seriously, that's fucked.

So no diarrhea or anything like that, no digesting problems after? Seems to be the number one complaint.

Thank you very much user, glad to hear. The surgeon never told me a drainage tube would be involved, but I guess that's pretty obvious?

Not a big deal, i had it done. I was operated in the evening and got to leave next morning. Worst pain after the surgery is when the gas that they used in laparascopy to make room to operate is leaving your body. They will give you instructions to help with that and it wont last long.

wow, never heard of anything like this. thank you for telling me. Where is the gas leaving, the drainage tube or something?

Yes, a drain tube is necessary. You really don't want to bleed internally, and it's not that big of a deal. You have a little bulb at the end that collects the drainage, you measure it, and keep the record for the followup visit. For me, I stopped draining after a day and a half out of the hospital. On a 1-10 scale of annoyance, it was a 2. As compared to a kidney stone, which is a 10.

No, atleast i didnt have to have any kind of drain tube. Your body absorbs it.

Thank you explaining this to me. So you were discharged right after surgery, or did they keep you for a day? I think they said they're keeping me overnight

Had mine removed ten years ago by a surgeon that was still in med school. He must of cut something else. Felt like i had been stabbed in the guts.
Oh and my mother in law died from complications arising from her gaul bladder removal.
Make sure the surgeon is bloody good.

As for digestions problems after, the only thing I can't eat now is a Monte Cristo sandwich, a batter-dipped deep-fried ham a cheese sandwich served with raspberry jam. It causes me to have explosive, loud wet bursts of liquid shits. So, I don't eat them, which will likely extend my life a few moments. I can still eat deep fried fish, french fries, onion rings, etc. This will take a little while, so don't get Long John Silver's fish on the way home from the hospital.

My step dad did. Then he got fat....

Oh wait...
He's always been fat

Noted! Now I really want a Monte Cristo though....

Sorry to hear that user. My surgeon says his hospital does like 200 of them a year, and I'm told he's very skilled and could do them in his sleep. Hoping this is a good sign,

yeah, a friend's mom had the same procedure and she was fat her whole life, six months prior to receiving the news she had totally changed her eating and exercise habits and had already dropped a lot of weight. Shit sucks. She gained weight on the pain meds from water retention, which i get is temporary, but still.

Had stones. You'll be fine. Just watch it getting up to fast from laying down day or two after surgery.