Explain to me why Africans couldn't build proper wooden homes...

Explain to me why Africans couldn't build proper wooden homes. They have wood but their """homes""" look like something made by sick children.

You don't even need any instruments ezcept axes and you don't need nail to build a log house. Picrelated shows the part of the technology for a roof.

So why?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskAnthropology/comments/1rzm07/what_are_some_of_the_main_anthropological/
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/wd6jt/what_do_you_think_of_guns_germs_and_steel/
youtube.com/watch?v=UvaRcDvGPck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because europeans invented 90 degree angles

They needed protection from huge, powerful wild animals but they've made huts from hay and dirt until the 20th century. Really curious what was on their mind.

>why Africans couldn't build proper wooden home

no woods in Africa, at least not the generic strong forests that existed everywhere in the world and specially europe and the new world.

they didn't use much metal such as saw and axes

and they are on the move quite a bit

stop being eurocentric about the world, you will never understand anything this way

Ill let an arab in antiquity answer that.

Their pines look shitty but still you can manage to make something I guess.

You only need axes. Russians didn' have saws when they built Novgorod and Kiev, lol.
>they are on the move quite a bit
that explains a lot. Still why didn't they create proper mobile homes like Mongolians?
>stop being eurocentric about the world
I will try.

Hipsters eat unprepared grain.

because they just ditched their foundations and carried the skins while mongols carried the housing skeletons with them

2 sub-saharan africans are not mongols

I wonder why coastal Africans didn't settle down properly then.

They did have stone,mud/clay houses though in many, many parts of Africa. Housing needs fits lifestyle needs.

they had mud/brick huts with straw houses
wood rots on the coast

Read this book.
It explains in detail why some of the different peoples of the world are so primitive.

That book fails to take race into account which is a major flaw with some of his arguments but otherwise it's alright if you don't know much about colonialism.

No, it does not fail to take race into account.
It simply doesn't have to.
The explanations given work very well without race.

Here, just have a look:
reddit.com/r/AskAnthropology/comments/1rzm07/what_are_some_of_the_main_anthropological/

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/wd6jt/what_do_you_think_of_guns_germs_and_steel/

There's just a lot of broad stroke argumentation going on where the reader can find many counter-examples to what he is saying. The book isn't bad per se, it's just kind of outdated and easy to criticize.

youtube.com/watch?v=UvaRcDvGPck
Watch it.

but there is a peruvian navy

Read Guns, Germs and Steel. Your questions will be answered.

Read this for the better pov

oh look at those houses!!
how come they are not like europeans???

>tries to argue something
>links reddit

fucking kek

>No Metal weapons
Dude. I think you need to stop being so Eurocentric.
They had plenty of metal tools and weaponry. The real issue was as put it. The wood typically found in those areas wasn't the best for building large wooden structures to live in.
Combine that with the fact that the general environment kept anywhere but the more temperate dry areas around the southern Sahara from developing anything in the way of large populations.

use much metal*
not no metal

pls

I notice how they do not mention the Jewish banking system being responsible for european colonialism and wealth.

easy.

It's hot as fuck in africa. Try doing anything in an african climate. It will always be shoddy and near-failure.

Other tropical populations "did things"

Why would you build a house of wood in the tropics? Bugs and humidity will destroy it rapidly. Plus it'll turn into an oven during the dry season and a freezer at night.

Are white people autistic? We do things for a reason

Can you prove to me that African huts were less refined than Indian/Polynesian huts?

Come to think of it, can you even prove that they were less refined than Eurasian ones?

We used metal dude. Axes, hoes, spears, knives, swords, etc.
Ibn Kaldhun never traveled to west africa

I wonder if it answers why my ancestors didn't make bricks. i heard the theory that Russia was super cold before, doubt that it is true.

>it'll turn into an oven during the dry season and a freezer at night
Wood doesn't do that. Especially freezing.

because they didn't need them

What race?