Drone

>Drone
>Ambient
literally the most boring and lowest effort music genres imaginable
only pretentious posers pretend to enjoy it for internet cred points (like anyone gives a fuck)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVZvJwLRgE
youtube.com/watch?v=2Zw67liHC0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SoundCloud rap?

l;ook at this kangaroo lol

That's a really interesting opinion you got there.

check out this dude

im not as bent outta shape about it as you are OP, but i gotta agree at least slightly, the more i hear of it, the more it seems to be a very uninspired genre, but perhaps that is a draw for some people? i suppose if your really in love with that sorta sound it might not be as iritating, but im not sure

> presuming others tastes

pretty much the most retarded thing ever, literally kill yourself mate, unironically

The best drone I've found is made by relatively accomplished technical musicians (like Gas - Pop, Boris - Amplifier Worship, or Earth - Earth 2) and drone is the last thing I would listen to for any kind of credibility because most people feel exactly the same way as you about drone, so, cool story bro (remember that meme?)

drone/ambient is the least demanding music
it respects my capacity to think independently
the other genres work overtime to force an unwelcome point
i spit upon their presumptiveness

that's a wallabt, retard

I like some Ambient (Gas, Aphex's ambient albums, Burzum's ambient tracks) but it's mostly because they have interesting textures and sounds intertwined between them.
Ambient like Eno's albums are just boring Howard Shore tier music

it's not boring, you just don't like it. drone/ambient has an especific task and is to set a certain mood without resorting to guitars, drums, piano or any fast chord progression. also it helps my with my anxiety.

Who wants mermaid titties?

ambient is music in it's purist form
if you can work out what specifically you like about an ambient track it can tell you a hell of a lot about what it is you actually like about music in general

haha what a good bo y

incidentally I just made this the other day

seems like a nice thread to roll for some dubs

that's not how you get dubs

So is this an "Attractive Women" thread now?

I like high bpm with a ton of syncopation and layers with a strong rhythm section and a strong melody combined with a large range of highs and lows as well as interesting timbres. Ambient delivers none of these things.

check em hoe

You have my attention.

I'd say the entire genre is about the atmosphere that a wall of that much sound can create. If you listen to early drone for example, like Earth2, then you will be completely engulfed in the sound. It is almost like a vortex. You have to turn it up, and the more you do, the more you get engulfed in the atmosphere of the sound.
Bands like Sunn O))) took this atmosphere to another level by mixing more of a dark ambient twist on the traditional one note per minute sound.
Uninspired is an ignorant term to use in regards to anything as established as a genre that is older than you are.
Gas is a meme. Nothing redeemable to what he does. Just dull loops for the sake of dull loops, which is what OP has probably listened to, and is using to cluster all drone into the same category as.
>drone/ambient is the least demanding music
this seems like a statement made by someone who has listened to three drone related albums and bought into the refrigerator meme of 2008 - or maybe i'm giving you too much credit.

Personally, having explored quite a lot of drone and ambient, I find it to be some of the most refreshing music available. Something so minimal can be so complex, simply through how one note can evoke the sensation of a being completely entranced and overwhelmed by the sound itself.
Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of garbage for the sake of garbage, but drone is by no means a genre to be overlooked or even considered lesser because of how minimal it can seem.

try this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVZvJwLRgE

the interested will stick it out.

Gonna need deets on this.

I like Gas for a similar reason that you list for bands like Sunn O))), I highly enjoy the musical soundscapes, like a kind of atmosphere different from drone's wall of sound ( Don't get me wrong I love that stuff too, it's also why I enjoy some shoe-gaze acts). Gas's use of incredibly dense instrumentation easily lets me get lost in a loop of highly compacted detail. The sounds are interesting and at times very emotional for me, there's really no way I could call him a meme personally.

>what I like is complex, entrancing, and overwhelming
>what I don't like is a meme

sunnno is reaaaaalygarbage

What a fucking neckbeard lmao
>dark ambient twist
>personally, having explored a lot of drone
>simply through how one note can evoke the sensation of a being completely entranced and overwhelmed by the sound itself
>the interested will stick it out
Cringe.

Sunn O))) fucking sucks but I'm glad they exist because they reassure me that the drone musicians I like are actually doing something interesting and I'm not just an autist who likes low frequencies.
Sunn O))) couldn't produce an atmosphere if their fucking lives depended on it. They're just a shitty Earth ripoff (sorry, "tribute") with cloaks and spoopy sounds

>I like high bpm with a ton of syncopation and layers with a strong rhythm section and a strong melody combined with a large range of highs and lows as well as interesting timbres. Ambient delivers none of these things.
That would be like search for 13th chords in punk and atonality in synth pop. You're looking for something a particular genre doesn't deliver. And why doesn't ambient music deliver what you want? Because it wasn't meant to. By the looks of it, you're looking for IDM.

/thread
Stop giving him more replies.

Jamiroquai is exactly what I'm describing.

You just proved OPs point

have you ever checked out Emeralds?

>Gas is a meme

White Noise albums please?

I love the first track on this album by biosphere and would love more like it. Especially when I get up for work in the morning and am completely out of my mind as I walk to the bus, nothing better to listen to at moments like that

youtube.com/watch?v=2Zw67liHC0s

It's Montie, move along everyone