Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square–cube_law
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

your a retard.

actual paradox.
>tortoise racing a hare.
>hare sprints out way ahead of the tortoise
>gets tired takes a nap
>tortoise eventually halves the distance between where he started and where the hare is currently sleeping
>keep halving the distance
>distance can be halved an infinite ammount of times
when does the tortoise pass the hare?

zeno's arrow

It is a paradox though.

Also that Zenon's paradox exists if and only if space is not discrete. It is. End of paradox.

BUMP

Not a paradox you fucking tard

"A paradox is a statement that, despite apparently sound reasoning from true premises, leads to an apparently self-contradictory or logically unacceptable conclusion."

which OP's post is not. Newfag

The Fermi Paradox

>self-contradictory or logically unacceptable conclusion
>More cheese, less cheese

>apparently sound reasoning from true premises
>Cheese has holes
>More cheese, more holes
>More holes, less cheese

n00b

OP is a faggot
More OP, more faggot

just because you state it doesn't make the statement true. There's no paradox

That isn't a paradox, you fucking retarded lol.

Don't read this.
Read the line above.

Not really a paradox.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square–cube_law

You have not pointed out how it is not a paradox at all. On the other hand, I have pointed out exactly why it is a paradox.

By your logic, Zeno's paradox would not be a paradox because it is not true that the tortoise never arrives to its destination because space is discrete.

>sound reasoning
>true premises
This is not included in OP's post.

>More cheese, more holes
>More holes, less cheese
You can't just say things that make 0 sense and are patently false and call it a paradox.
>More holes, less cheese = sound reasoning from true premises
No. Holes aren't a subtracting factor unless you are looking at a solid block of cheese that you then put holes in. But that isn't what OP is talking about. The holes are not a subtracting factor, not even in the most abstract method of thinking. If you believe this is a paradox, that just means your mind is too fucking slow and got tricked by something that isn't complicated or logically paradoxical.

It is a paradox by taking the premises at face value. We can also say Z\eno's paradox is not a paradox under discrete space and argue Planck's length is as small/short as we can go.

Prove that you are not a brain in a vat

Swiss cheese is not a paradox you imbecile

bad logic doesn't equal paradox my retarded friend.

More holes = less cheese is false. More holes literally means more cheese, because there must be cheese in the first place for the holes to exist. You are WRONG.

Also, beyond that, "more holes equals less cheese" could only be possible if we were looking at solid blocks of Cheese, but as OP claims: "Cheese has holes" meaning that is the natural state of the cheese, meaning the holes are NOT a subtracting factor.

Sorry to break it to you, but you fell for some bullshit.

Cheese has holes (TRUE)
More cheese, more holes (TRUE)
More holes, less cheese (Clearly not true. You increase the amount of cheese and you increase the amount of holes. More holes doesn't equal less cheese).
More cheese, less cheese (As per previous line)

If I had one hole on the road for every kilometer and I added 10 more kilometers of road I would have 10 more holes. There won't be any less road as every kilometer has 1 hole in it as per starting statement. If I started punching extra holes in it on the other hand...

Whos that chick?

OP and his cheesefags got fucking rekt.

This is now a thread to laugh at their stupidity, I'll start: HahahahAHHAHAHAHAHAH cheesefags btfo

More holes does mean more cheese. You are adding a whole line of reasoning in order to justify how those additional holes require additional cheese, just like someone requires to add the discrete characteristic to space in Zeno's paradox in order to make it a non-paradox.

You're logic is flawed.
More holes, less cheese is a perfectly true statement : dig a hole in cheese, there will be more holes, and less cheese.
What is false is that by adding cheese, you're adding holes too, but you're still adding a positive value of cheese, but less than if that cheese was not filled with holes.

doesn't*

that's not a paradox. you add more cheese even with the holes you'd have more cheese still
you should watch

Are you literally retarded?

OP's statement goes
>More holes, less cheese
>More cheese, less cheese
Clearly implying you add more cheese to add more holes

>Dig a hole in cheese, there will be more holes and less cheese
YES, but this is assuming a starting position of "solid block of cheese," OP proposed a starting position of "cheese has holes," which negates the point you make, and which is why "More holes, less cheese" is completely false. Also, if OP started from a solid block, that wouldn't be a paradox either, that'd just mean "if you subtract from A, you get less than A"

More holes means more cheese, it is not logically sound or even anywhere near to suggest "more holes, less cheese"
You can reference Zeno's paradox all you want, that doesn't make you correct. THE HOLES ARE NOT A SUBTRACTING FACTOR IN OP'S POST.

Which two statements imply that? Following formal logic strictly, what you say is utter bullshit.

not a paradox - its just wrong

Well that's assuming cheese has a definite amount of holes per square inch, right?

I reference that paradox because it becomes a non-paradox by adding additional lines of reasoning, just like with this case and the bullshit case of "oh clearly more holes require more cheese".

you can't have more holes and not have more cheese since the only way you can put more holes into the equation is to have more cheese

idiot

paradox is the OP thinks he's smart but really a moron

This paradox isn't one if you link the hypothesis, as one of them becomes obviously false.
More holes, less cheese is a valid statement. But if you link it to the others, it's flawed. Not funny

Reasoning with you is like talking to an inbred. You are just going to repeat whatever you've got on your mind anyway

Pinocchio, will your nose now grow?

I'm not adding additional lines of reason, this reason is implicit in the statement. Look at the OP.
When someone explains why you are WRONG, you can't just sperg out and say "you're adding lines of logic!"

OP's post does not follow sound premises, which is why it is wrong, which is what I am explaining, which you are too stupid to understand.

you can't travel half the distance and do it again ad infinitum since the only way that can happen is if space is continuous and it is discrete

idiot

paradox is that zeno thinks he's smart but really a moron

wheres the paradox?

>More holes, less cheese is a valid statement
Only if the starting position was cheese without holes. If the starting position of the cheese was "with holes," adding additional cheese would add more holes, but there is no sound logical principle that would point to this meaning less cheese, because More holes does not equal less cheese.
This isn't a paradox OP is a faggot

I have not detected a single rule of inference in your post

see

>adding more cheese, than holes is taking away cheese

More holes, less cheese is always true.
You stated that it's false, I had to point out that no, it's not.

A simple paradox

>Pinocchio says "my nose will now grow"

What happens?

wtf are you even talking about distance and space.

lol. you are such a moron you don't even get it.

Here's a paradox for you pals

>90% of people in this thread are mouthbreathers would forget to breathe if not reminded constantly
>100% of people in this thread are still breathing and alive

Go figure

Solve this paradox

that's statistics not a paradox mouthbreather

This
people here are so stupid

a statistic is that your mom sucks 5 cocks a night per average all year around

HAHA

that's not a statistic. that's just common sense

Except that there are multiple posts pointing out how that is wrong

Physics is not a paradox, learn to Algebra

>its paradox, cuz im stupid

More holes, less cheese is NOT always true.

>Object X inherently has holes within it
>Object X is then doubled
>This doubling doubles the amount of holes
>This doubling doubles the amount of cheese

Hence, MORE CHEESE.

You act as if holes are a subtracting factor. Read this carefully, and slowly (so your sad little brain can understand)
THE HOLES ARE NOT A SUBTRACTING FACTOR

The only way a hole could be a subtracting factor is if there were not holes in an object beforehand and they were put there.

In OP's post, the starting position was "WITH HOLES"

This means that HOLES ARE NOT SUBTRACTING FACTORS

For holes to be subtracting factors, OP would've had to put the Cheese's starting point as "solid cheese" and then have holes drilled into it after the starting point of the logical chain.

You are dead fucking wrong, and it's really sad that you can't understand this. You are a fucking retard. Stop being so dense, lad.

More holes, less cheese is conditionally true dependent on the beginning makeup.

A paradox must be based on sound logic, there is NO sound logic in OP's post, therefor it is not a paradox. You have been debunked, lad, give it the fuck up.

All have equal height so equal pressure.

That's just physics, how's it a paradox?

Oh I just got what you want to say.
You see that statement has : 1 cheese has n holes, n > 1.
Adding 1 hole is actually adding 1/n cheese.

Well the problem I raised is the same but later on.
Fair mate.

>Travel back in time kill the parents of someone you don't like
>But now you'll never know him
>You won't travel back in time to kill his parents
>But now you know him and travel back to kill his parents
>ect

>gets it

I am pointing out how by adding a bunch of additional premises you can make it not a paradox. You are adding the part of more holes needing more cheese, just like I am adding the part od space being discrete in Zeno's paradox. I did this by imitating your post and creating a situation where, using your own modus operandi, you would call Zeno an idiot, moron.

I said it first you dumb cucc kill yourself.

Need more data,

Less is more

Thinly veiled request is thin

"With holes" does not specify the amount of holes per square inch. So his point still remains.

i think the biggest container has the most pressure since it is the one that contains more volume which equals to more pressure

Not the real boy Pinocchio

Common don't act like if adding holes = adding cheese was such an natural way of thinking.
Adding a hole means to me adding JUST a hole, while adding a cheese also adds holes.

Just like, you know, humans are made of water, but you can add water to something without adding humans when you can't add humans without adding water.

So don't act so big, your logic also is flawed

Ok, here's one:
>A certain Russian commander plays an important roll in the future of a certain timeline
>You fight him in the past, knocking him out.
>After the cutscene, you run up to him and shoot him dead.
>TIME PARADOX

but with the cheese thing, more cheese=more holes isn't an "Additional premise" it is simply a refutation of the idea that there is "sound logic."
You can't dismiss your rebuttals by saying "ur just adding stuff" because we aren't.
For it to be a paradox, there must be sound logic.
Sound logic = "for there to be holes in cheese, there must be cheese."
You just said something wrong and called it a paradox. Dumb.
"with holes" necessitates cheese in which holes can exist, his point does not remain.

some of the basic assumptions of Fermi's is that we would be allowed to communicate or that we are in control of the means of communication.

The cheese thing would be better explained with a net. The larger the net, the more not-net there would be due to the holes. Yes, the actual material of the net is also increased, but when you consider the net/hole ratio, the amount of net gets smaller.

Clearly underage gtfo kid...

What is this photo? Is that the tranny underage Canadian boy, Lactatia?

even if the holes were as large as possible for the cheese to remain intact, you'd still need more cheese to make more holes

ok but in the OP a condition he set was "More cheese, more holes" and he concluded with "more cheese, less cheese"

This is stating that:
>As you add cheese, you add holes
>Holes mean less cheese
>This means that when you add more cheese, because of the fact you're adding more holes (due to adding more cheese) you are actually subtracting cheese.

My logic is not flawed, OP's is terribly flawed, which PREVENTS IT FROM BEING A PARADOX, because they must be based on sound logic.

then the OP's statement isn't a paradox but an obfuscation

Can't believe I read all of that arguing between fags...

I came on Sup Forums to look at snatches, not read that bullshit.

OP. Kys

prove that a space is discrete and i wont beat the shit out of you

to add to my previous response to you: you interpreted it incorrectly.
>Adding a hole means to me adding JUST a hole
That isn't what is going on in the OP. The OP is talking about cheese with holes already in it, the only way to add holes is to add more cheese, that is the point in the OP, which, as I have proven previously, is not a paradox, not at all.

There is a situation where
MORE CHEESE = LESS CHEESE is true :

If a cheese without holes has a volume of V, and the holes occupy a volume of Vh, then if V = Vh, when you add cheese, you add nothing so the quantity of cheese stayed the same : 0. And, well, 0

Holes do not necessitate specifically cheese and if you are talking about the holes in cheese specifically, more holes does not require additional cheese. If it is not sound, you should be able to point out which rule of inference was raped or how the premise "more holes, less cheese" is necessarily false. You cannot. At least not without adding the premise of "more holes requires additional cheese".

That is not in the premises presented, which taken individually, are all true. Also if you want to go the extra autistic mile, there is no reason a negative amount of cheese could not be allowed.

No that is incorrect. If they are the same depth they will have the same pressure no matter what the surface area.

gets it

>The only way to add holes is to add more cheese.

It's not written : you invented that. And that would be a retarded assumption to make, as it's an obviously false hypothesis used to demonstrate that other hypothesis are false. It's mathematically grotesque.

At the Planck length, next question

>the only way to add holes is to add more cheese
This is false.

see

didn't know that. i thought more water would mean more pressure.

Why would V ever = Vh? If it did, then by definition V would always just be nothing.

Shouldn't you be viewing it as pillars of molecular pressure? Meaning all would have the same amount of pressure.

thanks for the explanation moron

Why does that bother you? It still is true.

see

>if theres more holes than cheese, its called chees, not holes
look at the graph

Same goes for Zeno's paradox then?

sure

yeah i really have no clue.